The online racing simulator
#1 - S0ul
LFS and UMTS (Disconnect issue)
Hi! Since a few month i live in a place with no DSL connection,so I was looking for an alternative. My search brought me to UMTS, the same system that mobile phones use to connect to the internet.
At first, i couldnt play LFS with this but after a few tweaks it worked perfectly. I was really happy but since a few days, i always disconnect, no matter what server. Its always the same procedure: I enter the server and after a few seconds, my connection bar goes right up for a few seconds, everyone laggs, my bar goes down and everything is fine. This repeats every 7 seconds and after 10 laggs i disconnect. Could this issue be because of my UMTS connection or could there be other reasons?
My Ping to most servers is about 110ms which is okay,i guess.
I would build a shrine for whoever helps me to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance
S0ul
Seems like the UMTS signal is so weak that network reliability takes a hit. You could try changing your terminal equipment or service provider, but that kind of connections rarely work well when it comes to gaming.
#3 - Mazar
Quote :You could try changing your terminal equipment or service provider, but that kind of connections rarely work well when it comes to gaming.

Yeh, I have the same problems, 7.2mpbs connection and massive lag sometimes, erratic pings and signal.

Is there any terminal hardware that can boost signal strength or reliability?

Best, Maz
#4 - S0ul
hmm,well. Changin provider seems out of question. If i were to mention this here my dad would rip my head off^^(too much trouble with the internet lately)
So i guess there isnt much i can do then. The only thing to do is to play in the evenings (the signal is better then) or hope for better signal in my new flat i will be moving to in 2 months. Thanks anyway

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG