The online racing simulator
Nothing worse than being banned for a racing incident...
before you even have a chance to apologize or explain that you were between two cars and had no where to go and no time to react.

It's not like I was wrecking people, or being beligerent. It was a coming together on the front straight at KY1 in F08 w/3 cars, I was in the middle.

All I'm saying is I wish people would excersize a little bit of restraint or at least give people a chance to explain themselves.

With the lack of servers on Live for Speed, especially late at night EST, to be banned for no reason from one of the few servers that always has racers really diminishes the value of the game that I paid for.

Just gimme a chance is all I'm saying, it wasn't even clearly my fault being as I was in the middle
Quote from AndroidXP :I got banned. What to do?

Although I appreciate your half hearted attempt to be helpful, I'm not concerned with "what to do" as I clearly did not say "what do I do". I didn't even mention the server name.

I'm just putting the point out there for discussion. When there is a wreck it's a little irrational just to hit the ban button immediately when there are only 3 other people that have to hit it. I was wondering if anybody else has run into this.

But thanks for your canned response.
The point is that nobody here really cares if you got banned from a server, especially if that server is an oval racing one or one of the Redline servers.

There has been so much bitching and "discussion" about server ban policies and to be frank, the server owner paid for it and can do whatever he wants. He has the right to ban you without any reason at all and there is nothing you can do about it. People often think they CAN do something which results in them posting here, but this is not the right place, if only for the reason that experience shows that these discussions never end well or productive. Since that doesn't stop people from posting, the thread I previously linked to has been created, which contains all discussion about banning or being banned.

This doesn't mean that I disagree with you or that I think what the server owner did was morally okay, it's just the way it is.
Quote from AndroidXP :The point is that nobody here really cares if you got banned from a server, especially if that server is an oval racing one or one of the Redline servers.

There has been so much bitching and "discussion" about server ban policies and to be frank, the server owner paid for it and can do whatever he wants. He has the right to ban you without any reason at all and there is nothing you can do about it. People often think they CAN do something which results in them posting here, but this is not the right place, if only for the reason that experience shows that these discussions never end well or productive. Since that doesn't stop people from posting, the thread I previously linked to has been created, which contains all discussion about banning or being banned.

This doesn't mean that I disagree with you or that I think what the server owner did was morally okay, it's just the way it is.

well like I said, thanks for you input. You obviously know everything
What you have to realise about the majority of oval racers:

They are morons.

They spend 24 hours a day on the oval and they seem to be entirely unable to understand that other people don't. So if you happen to make a mistake or veer slightly off the line, they will at best mock you and at worst ban you.

I've never been interested in oval racing, because it seems to me you're merely doing the same thing as a couple of bricks (one on the gas, one as a counterbalance to the steering wheel), but I imagine most of the regulars here have seem countless posts like this complaining. And a lot of the time they didn't even do anything wrong.
I think they only race online to get their stats up, not to actually get involved with real people.

Which is stupid when you consider that a real life oval race never finishes without at least one crash.
Quote from DanDectis :Just gimme a chance is all I'm saying, it wasn't even clearly my fault being as I was in the middle

The community can't resolve this for you. The only people who can are those who run the server from which you were banned. The only course of action is to approach them.

I appreciate that you wanted some sort of sensible discussion, but the fact of the matter is that it's been discussed. Many, many times over. The argument always ends up with two sides;
  1. Admins can do what they like. It's their server.
  2. Admins should be more responsible.
More often than not a mod has to close the thread when something like this comes up. Originally I'd merge it into "I got banned" thread, but I have the feeling this will just upset you, and quite frankly I can't be bothered with that agro this morning.

Take which ever side you want, however you must understand that anyone can run a server. The developers have little control of them (they can be removed or restarted, but that's about it to my knowledge), and there are currently no officially run servers.

So yes, you can try and appeal to server admins to be more respectful, but at the end of the day some people are just bastards.
Quote from the_angry_angel :...
So yes, you can try and appeal to server admins to be more respectful, but at the end of the day some people are just bastards.

Monday morning blues???
Sun's shining outside, take a look at the bright side. Next weekend is already 1/2 a day closer...
#9 - Fuse5
Quote from Dajmin :What you have to realise about the majority of oval racers:

They are morons.

They spend 24 hours a day on the oval and they seem to be entirely unable to understand that other people don't. So if you happen to make a mistake or veer slightly off the line, they will at best mock you and at worst ban you.

I've never been interested in oval racing, because it seems to me you're merely doing the same thing as a couple of bricks (one on the gas, one as a counterbalance to the steering wheel), but I imagine most of the regulars here have seem countless posts like this complaining. And a lot of the time they didn't even do anything wrong.
I think they only race online to get their stats up, not to actually get involved with real people.

Which is stupid when you consider that a real life oval race never finishes without at least one crash.

That's quite an accusation you got there.
So if you aren't or haven't been interested in oval racing, how the hell can you make such generalizations about EVERYONE who drives the oval?
I guess ignorance is your best friend. And you really must believe that it gets you far here, and in general.

Okay, you are an oval-hater, and hate everything and everyone who is even remotely related to oval.
Next time, before you go running around screaming, do your homework.
Quote from Dajmin :What you have to realise about the majority of oval racers:

They are morons.

Do you mean oval racing as in NASCAR or oval racing as in the UK ones e.g. BriSCA F1 stockcars, Hot Rods, etc. because I don't know which one you're going on about
Oval racers in LFS...
Quote from AndroidXP :Oval racers in LFS...

I guess Jon was referring to the last line of the quote. Dont know which one of the real life oval series Dajmin was referring to. nvm, i guess. Because obviously everyone crashes in every single race?
Quote from AndroidXP :The point is that nobody here really cares

I care. I care about each and every one of you. All you need to do is believe in me, worship me on weekends and give me 10% of your income and in return I'll have a half-hearted go at providing some spiritual solace.

Deal?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I care. I care about each and every one of you. All you need to do is believe in me, worship me on weekends and give me 10% of your income and in return I'll have a half-hearted go at providing some spiritual solace.

Deal?

Throw in a trip to the afterlife on a UFO and I might be converted.

:ufo:
On the Gentlefoot.com#1 and gentlefoot.com#2 servers we rarely have wreckers. It's so rare in fact that vote bans are not enabled. A number of my memebers know the admin password and they are under strict instruction to only issue bans once the replay has been reviewed (unless the admin was watching the incident in its entirety).

So come join us on gentlefoot.com#1 for FO8 action. No bans, no wreckers, just friendly racers who share sets and work at improving everyone's skills including their own.
+1 for constructive answer
Quote from Gentlefoot :On the Gentlefoot.com#1 and gentlefoot.com#2 servers we rarely have wreckers. It's so rare in fact that vote bans are not enabled. A number of my memebers know the admin password and they are under strict instruction to only issue bans once the replay has been reviewed (unless the admin was watching the incident in its entirety).

So come join us on gentlefoot.com#1 for FO8 action. No bans, no wreckers, just friendly racers who share sets and work at improving everyone's skills including their own.

-1 for Dajmin for sweeping generalizations

<quote>

What you have to realise about the majority of oval racers:

They are morons.

<unquote>
Quote from Gentlefoot :On the Gentlefoot.com#1 and gentlefoot.com#2 servers we rarely have wreckers. It's so rare in fact that vote bans are not enabled. A number of my memebers know the admin password and they are under strict instruction to only issue bans once the replay has been reviewed (unless the admin was watching the incident in its entirety).

This is the kind of attitude I always hope to run into more at LFS. I feel like I used to, in the earlier days in 05-06, now there's just distrust and whatever the opposite of the benifit of the doubt it.

I don't know that I've ever been on a gentlefoot server, but I apprecaite your friendliness. Obviously not everyone doesn't care.
Quote from Kencan :+1 for constructive answer

More like "yay for blatant advertising"...

I'm with t_a_a on this one...
Quote from Fuse5 :That's quite an accusation you got there.
So if you aren't or haven't been interested in oval racing, how the hell can you make such generalizations about EVERYONE who drives the oval?
I guess ignorance is your best friend. And you really must believe that it gets you far here, and in general.

Okay, you are an oval-hater, and hate everything and everyone who is even remotely related to oval.
Next time, before you go running around screaming, do your homework.

ha yeah I found that funny. Especially because I'm not the biggest fan of Oval Racing in real life, but in the game it is one form of racing which is ALWAYS wheel to wheel close. I'm talkin about 5-10 cars <1 second of the lead racing in a HUGE pack, jockying for position in the draft etc. There just isn't ANYTHING ELSE in LFS that comes close to that for consistent CRAZY wheel to wheel racing.

That said, my favorite was always FOX on South City Classic, that used to be the server that there was always tons of people on...not anymore
Quote from bbman :More like "yay for blatant advertising"...

I'm with t_a_a on this one...

no that is what you call a constructive answer I believe.

I was complaining about a problem I was having and he gave me a very viable solution.
Didn't know Gentlefoot does oval races - which is what you're after, aren't you?
I think he was in the oval server because like he said that's one of the only servers that are populated during the US main hours. Plus he just mentioned FOX @ SO Classic. So I don't think he is an oval nut.
Quote from DanDectis :no that is what you call a constructive answer I believe.

I was complaining about a problem I was having and he gave me a very viable solution.

"I was being treated unfairly..." - "Get here mister, I've got everything you long for!"
Constructive? Forgive me if I see the point advertising oneself's product when somebody tells his misfortune...

Either that or your opening post is not what you're actually searching/hoping for...
I wouldn't worry too much about being banned for whatever reason. I was on a server that was entirely composed of a team of guys and got kicked right after I qualified for a race infront of all of them. I had a good laugh about the 'outsider' whooping them all in quali and then being kicked because of it, and then found another server to race on. No big deal...
Quote from bbman :"I was being treated unfairly..." - "Get here mister, I've got everything you long for!"
Constructive? Forgive me if I see the point advertising oneself's product when somebody tells his misfortune...

Either that or your opening post is not what you're actually searching/hoping for...

My main point was that not all servers even have ban enabled. You must have noticed that I don't post on many threads these days. So surely my motivation is not just advertising my league and site (but since you give me the opportunity www.gentlefoot.com

I no longer need to drive grids numbers up by regular postings in the forum. I seem to get big grids now simply through search engine referrals and teams sites.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG