The online racing simulator
My DFP has a twitch
(6 posts, started )
My DFP has a twitch
My DFP has (over the last few months) developed a nasty twitch, it's mainly noticable when travelling along a straight and all of a sudden without any other movements of wheel/pedals i get a 5 degree ish change in steering angle.

it can happen at any time (and move back randomly) hot or cold, and it's really starting to annoy me (caused a couple of accidents too) waddya reckon, has anybody else had this issue with an otherwise pretty solid wheel.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
That's what it sounds like to me too. How old is the wheel? I don't know how complicated the DFP is to take apart, I've only ever opened up my Momo pedals (very simple inside). So, you may be able to take it apart and clean the pot with electrical contact cleaner or something. Or replace it altogether.
the dfp doesnt looks too scary with the top off.
here's a tip for putting it back together: attatch the bottom part to a desk and just place the top back on once everything (shifter clamp etc) are positioned
yeah it did occur to me that it might be a fluffy pot, but i think (not sure) that the dfp is likely to be optically sensed rather than a 'traditional' pot, as 900deg would be quite insensitive with a 270deg pot.

thought id better ask u peeps before i started ripping into my DFP, but6 i think i'm just gonna have to dive in and have a look,

good tip BTW as wheels are surprisingly awkward things to keep still on a bench will working
Yeah the steering part of the DFP is optical.
hmm, not much to report, i still have occasional twitches and i've checked all connections and cleaned the optical bits, hmmm, i'm still sure what could cause this problem.

My DFP has a twitch
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG