The online racing simulator
Broadcast of LFSCAR: SC
Ok...obviously I did something wrong because for some strange reasons, everyone who signed up knows about a set of planned broadcast videos for the StormCup.

I must have spilled the beans somewhere. However, now that the rabbit's out of the hat, let me just give an official word on the broadcasts and its situation.

Yes, it is true, a broadcasts is planned. However, the reason why I really didn't say anything about it until now is because I didn't want to bring up false hope if the situation if the broadcasts didn't work out. I know that broadcasting each race is a tough endeavor. However, I believe that Storm Racing has the resources to create successful broadcasts to accompany the league of StormCup.

Now, the broadcasts are PLANNED and I say planned, not guaranteed because a few things need to go our way.

I already currently have 2 commentators willing to commentate on the whole season so that's not a problem. However there are a couple of things that needs to be ironed out:

1. I need to figure out how to effectively capture LFS ingame videos. I tried Fraps and GameCam on my computer but neither will record a framerate above 10. BUT my grades were pretty decent this year so my parents are buying me a new computer (specifically a Falcon Northwest). The computer will have a 3.0 duel core processor and an 8800 GTX. If this computer cannot effectively use Fraps or GameCam then IDK what will. So this is theoretically solved but I can't guarantee anything before I receive the comp.

2. This is a big problem. People need to show up. I will not spend all that time creating a broadcasts with only a few people racing. At the beginning of the league I was a bit nervous because I was afraid no one would sign up. Now that I have 24 people (in which I thank those who signed up), I need everyone to do their best to show up. Hopefully I can get the field as big as possible so please make time for the league (June 8th, 20:00 GMT).

If those two issues are resolved, then I can almost guarantee that you'll have a great time participating in this league. With this broadcasts released and a schedule that takes the best of both worlds (ovals/circuits), all you need is a good attitude and you'll have a blast.

I can guarantee one thing tho. I will do everything within my power to make your experience in LFSCAR: SC an enjoyable one. Hopefully everything goes well and the stars will align in my favor for this summer
Y19 is on, it will be easier to make broadcast
does your Computer have a TV out? because I have the same problem, so I grabbed my dad's PC, connected them via chinch and clicked "record" on his PC. Well, for a one hour race + 15min Qualy it takes 3,4GB, but well that's it, and the quality is not too bad. You can see what Car it is. I need my dad to get buy himself a PC with HDMI in and I need to get a graphic card with HDMI out HD RULES

Quote from scania :Y19 is on, it will be easier to make broadcast

he was talking about technical stuff, that his PC does not make nice framerates with fraps, not about having problems with fraps+lfs to get a proper vid out of the two
Quote from TFalke55 :does your Computer have a TV out? because I have the same problem, so I grabbed my dad's PC, connected them via chinch and clicked "record" on his PC. Well, for a one hour race + 15min Qualy it takes 3,4GB, but well that's it, and the quality is not too bad. You can see what Car it is. I need my dad to get buy himself a PC with HDMI in and I need to get a graphic card with HDMI out HD RULES

Unfortunately IDK how to record TV with the comp (and my comp has HDMI)

and if I'm not mistaken you are referring to recording on TV using the computer. That would be my last resort if my Falcon doesn't fix the problem, but I think my Falcon can probably handle recording .

Thxs for the advice though
#5 - Jambo
You going to Announce who the commentators are or keeping it quiet??

live broadcast or highlights later on?
Quote from N I K I :live broadcast or highlights later on?

maybe a full race later broadcast
Quote from N I K I :live broadcast or highlights later on?

Not live broadcast but broadcast after the race probably like 2-3 days later. :P
Any thing yet?... Cause imma really enjoy the movie =)
when will it finish?
I'm look forware the first time to see my car in broadcast
The broadcast is postponed until further notice. Right now maintaining and developing the league is much more important than the broadcast. The broadcast should only serve as a supplement not a prominent factor.

Best case scenario I can find some time to actually start recording and have at least race one out by the start of Race 3. Worse case scenario, all broadcast activities are postponed until the league stabilized.

I know I'm being very vague right now, but that's the best I can give atm. Thank you for your patience
Quote from lizardfolk :The broadcast is postponed until further notice. Right now maintaining and developing the league is much more important than the broadcast. The broadcast should only serve as a supplement not a prominent factor.

Best case scenario I can find some time to actually start recording and have at least race one out by the start of Race 3. Worse case scenario, all broadcast activities are postponed until the league stabilized.

I know I'm being very vague right now, but that's the best I can give atm. Thank you for your patience

just to clarify, the broadcast is not scrapped at all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG