The online racing simulator
I got S2...And a question
(16 posts, started )
Hi,

Well, I finally managed to convince my parents to let me get S2!!! The XRT is definitely worth the wait! The demo people don' deserve it!

Well, here is my question. I payed an extra 3 pounds for the skins stuff. I understood hi-res as 2048x2048. But when I tried to upload that big a skin to lfs world, it said that the biggest that could be uploaded was 1024x1024. Why is this?

Also, I wanted to know if it is necessary to upload the skins to lfs world. Can I just have it in my skins folder and everyone else see it? I am pretty sure the answer is no, but I felt stupid and decided to ask!

Well, that's it!

Thanks!!!
You still only upload 1024x1024 ...

But instead of downloading them as 512x512 ingame, you can get them as 1024x1024 !

Equinox

EDIT: Read last bit, all skins you wish people to see need to be uploaded to LFSWorld, in 1024x1024 res
Glad you finally talked them into letting you spend your money here. Enjoy S2.
So you cannot use 2048x2048 online? This seems like the obvious answer (and I realize I am looking very stupid saying all of this).

S k i p p y - SAME HERE! Best racing game I have EVER played!!!
Quote from shashdev :So you cannot use 2048x2048 online? This seems like the obvious answer (and I realize I am looking very stupid saying all of this).

S k i p p y - SAME HERE! Best racing game I have EVER played!!!

- nope but you can use them skins offline so at least youre able to have/ see a high res version of your skin (as far as i know how it works)

- well everyone does every now and then i guess

- cant agree more Oh and welcome to LFS S2 btw, enjoy!
Quote from 510N3D :- nope but you can use them skins offline so at least youre able to have/ see a high res version of your skin (as far as i know how it works)

- well everyone does every now and then i guess

- cant agree more Oh and welcome to LFS S2 btw, enjoy!

Thats an interesting way of answering / organizing questions / replying.

welcome to s2.
#8 - G!NhO
you can upload a 1024x1024 skin, but you can use a much bigger skin on your car if you want. just give the skins the same name.
Yup, upload the 1024x1024 to LFSW, and then you can add 2048x2048 to your data/skins folder and you'll see it 2048x2048, just the name has to be same.
hires skins are cool, but be aware of THIS...
Attached images
hiresbig.jpg
Yeah, I will be looking out for that!!! Probably every time my skins_x or skins_y gets over 500 mb, I will clear it! That way, if people stopped using some skins, it won't take up computer space!!!
Uhm, that will just make you redownload skins and waste bandwidth and money (as you'll pay for the high-res download again).

Maybe sort them by last access date and throw those away that haven't been used in a long time instead?
Well, that sucks! I thought we only had to pay for the skins we used, not all the skins that were downloaded. Ahhh, so my three pounds (six dollars) will probably last for how long?
The point of paying for the skins is to pay for the extra traffic that is generated by downloading the hi-res skins (due to doubling the resolution, you download four times the amount of data!). Using the skin (applying it to a car) doesn't cost anything.

Your £3 are good for 2000 hi res skin downloads, so they'll last you for a fair amount of time
Actually, you'll get 6000 hi-res downloads.

Its £1 ($2) for 2000 skins, and the least you can add to your account is £3 ...

Sarge
1 bunch of 2000 skins lasts 2 months in my case so 6 punds would be one year for me

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG