The online racing simulator
Question for the graphics.
(14 posts, started )
Hi, quite recently i have made this computer with the same specs as another computer, accept this computer has 1 more gb of ram, and on this pc i use a flat screen.

My problem is, my other computer looks really nice, (with a big old moniter) and this one looks horrible and blurry.

On this computer i use highest settings on all graphics accept for 4x AA instead of 8x. The same with my other computer.

Which brings the question, why is it horrible on this pc, and nice on the other one? I thought it might be something todo with the resolution, but with a higher resolution it looks horrible, so 1280x1024 is my best choice. (i don't know what it is on my other pc but i'm pretty sure there is a nicer resolution setting with the other moniter).. This could be one issue, or it might be something todo with the moniter, i don't know..
The monitor itself shouldn't really have anything to do with the look of it. Other than possible frame rate issues, or slightly different-looking colours and contrast, the look shouldn't be different.

Did you do a fresh install for the new one? Because if you've updated textures or download other kinds of mods, that could be the cause.
Also, things like LOD will make a big difference if the sliders are in different positions.

Failing that, I'm not sure what the score is.
Quote from Dajmin :The monitor itself shouldn't really have anything to do with the look of it. Other than possible frame rate issues, or slightly different-looking colours and contrast, the look shouldn't be different.

Unless the monitor is a TFT and isn't running at it's native resolution (i.e. usually the max for that monitor). When that situation occurs you can get a fussy screen. Check the monitor's native res. and ensure you're running at it. If you can't select that resolution, you may need some driver updates, etc.
True, since the OP mentioned resolution changes already I didn't think about it
Quote from Dajmin :True, since the OP mentioned resolution changes already I didn't think about it

Without trying to be rude to anyone, I tend to distrust anyone and everyone Occams razor is a good rule to live by, and like House I tend to think everyone's an idiot until proven otherwise
And how do you find the native resolutions?
check the specs of your monitor by googling the make & model
I have found the native resolution, it is: 1440x900, and it looks much crisper BUT, it looks horrible on lfs, any ideas how i can make it crisp and not all mal-formed in lfs?
You're running 1440x900 in both the underlying OS (Windows I assume?) and in LFS and it still looks poo?
MIP sliders... AA, AF?
Quote from the_angry_angel :You're running 1440x900 in both the underlying OS (Windows I assume?) and in LFS and it still looks poo?

It looks alot crisper, but the actually resolution makes the car slightly squished, and the rev counter/ speed/ etc is huge. It makes my eyes hurt, but it does look better, yes.

Quote from MijnWraak :MIP sliders... AA, AF?

If you read up top, full AF (16x) and AA(4x), using the options in LFS Y19, all the rest is full (best graphics.)
What about your sharpness? (Just an idea)
Sharpness? Explain boi Could be the problem.
Quote from samforey12345 :
If you read up top, full AF (16x) and AA(4x), using the options in LFS Y19, all the rest is full (best graphics.)

I meant to reply to "I have found the native resolution, it is: 1440x900, and it looks much crisper BUT, it looks horrible on lfs, any ideas how i can make it crisp and not all mal-formed in lfs?"

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG