The online racing simulator
#1 - Worm
Strange account - WR's deleted? [explained]
Hello, someone has deleted 2 WR on my account on LFSWORLD.
SO classic FXO and KY2 RB4
I m sure i didnt delete these WR. Even if i was drunk.....
I just want to know if its possible to change the password on lfsworld?
They were removed by me. I've posted a news item on www.lfs.net about this and I've sent people an email for every deleted hotlap.

The news item goes as follows :

Quote :Hello hotlappers,

We have cleaned the LFS World hotlaps section a bit. We came to this due to :

1) an improved HLVC check that for example better detects wall hits.
2) a new background hotlap validator, that checks all hotlaps for HLVC and OOS errors. If any errors are detected, the hotlap will be removed. You will receive an email notification if that happens.

With this update we aim to keep our hotlap charts cheat free and fair for all!

#3 - Worm
ok, but i didnt see any walls in KY2, maybe in the last corner, i dont remember if i hit it. Anyway, good job victor for wall improvement.
I can confirm that in the SO classic FOX hotlap, you hit the wall right after the first bend, when coming from under the bridge. It will not register as HLVC invalid on LFS version Y though, but it does in the latest test patches. I know this may be a bit confusing for now, or until patch Z is released, but just try not to hit the walls at all

oh hm and i'll check your kyoto lap too
ok you are correct. Your kyoto hotlap doesn't seem invalid. LFS does invalidate it but incorrectly. See the attachment for where it invalidated the hotlap - that's no wall I will notify Scawen of this.

Feel free to upload the hotlap again. If you don't have it anymore, let me know and I'll post it here.
Attached images
WrongHLVCError.jpg
hmmm now i'm having doubts. Maybe you can't drive over the curb like that with more than two wheels, just like grass. Still it shouldn't be called (wall). Will find out.
#7 - Worm
ok ! Thanks a lot for fast answer, i think i still have this Hotlap on my computer, if not, i will let you know.
EDIT : Ok so if you have some doubts, i will make another hotlap, no problems. That was not the lap of my life so....
I will do better.
Thx again.
#8 - arco
Lol Worm. I've lost a couple of wr's too, for only barely touching the wall before the lap starts. But I just uploaded my next best, and valid laps, until I get the time to try and improve them.

I'm surprised though that pecholobo didn't get any deleted.
Quote from Victor :hmmm now i'm having doubts. Maybe you can't drive over the curb like that with more than two wheels, just like grass. Still it shouldn't be called (wall). Will find out.

If so, it'd finally kill the ongoing debate of "What is valid at KY2/KY3".
Honestly I dont like the way the wall touching is handled. Sometimes you just touch a wall so slightly that even even a fly between your car and the wall would survive it, but still its invalid
Maybe it would be a better idea to calculate the impulse and allow small values there, which wont obviously be cheating or exploiting. Prolly something for after S2 though...
Quote from arco :I'm surprised though that pecholobo didn't get any deleted.

*cough*, well that was the first to check as I read this improvement...
He had already deleted them himself iirc.
Quote from Worm :ok ! Thanks a lot for fast answer, i think i still have this Hotlap on my computer, if not, i will let you know.
EDIT : Ok so if you have some doubts, i will make another hotlap, no problems. That was not the lap of my life so....
I will do better.
Thx again.

The KY thing is resolved now - it was a bug (too complicated to explain), which is now fixed in our LFS versions (you'll get it in next patch).

So if you want you can upload it again. It was a valid lap. I've attached it here.

There was no case of 'going over the curb too much'. Your route was fine.
Attached files
Worm_KY2_RB4_200380.spr - 92.2 KB - 204 views
#14 - Worm
Ok ! Thanks you
Quote from ORION :Honestly I dont like the way the wall touching is handled. Sometimes you just touch a wall so slightly that even even a fly between your car and the wall would survive it, but still its invalid
Maybe it would be a better idea to calculate the impulse and allow small values there, which wont obviously be cheating or exploiting. Prolly something for after S2 though...

Well in my hotlap (SO chicane route / FO8) a fly would have actually survived (at least partly) . I really barely stroked a wall twice, once at the exit of the last turn in my second outlap and then at the end of the chicane in the hotlap itself. I have already asked Victor at another thread about it and he said it has not been marked as invalid. I couldn't care less if it would get deleted but it is a nice example that your statement is not entirely true, at least not under the present circumstances or my current state of knowledge about them.

Edit: same with my FE Black / XRT hotlap at the second part of the bridge. I barely touched the wall and it was still valid, at least according to my current LFS version (Y20). So there must be a small buffer already, as you have suggested . I would find it rather hard to mark such small hits as invalid anyway seeing that i or anyone else couldn't possibly gain an advantage out of it but most likely the exact opposite. Im curious how its beeing messured actually, is it by the speed that the vehicle gets right after the hit? Unusual increment of speed = invalid? Or is it really just down to the "amount of force" beeing applied on the wall?

Edit: updated my FE Black hotlap so that example is no longer valid

(sorry if that has been already explained elsewhere)
I've barely scraped some walls only to have it fail HLVC, and I've made significant contact in others while the HLVC check not failing. Buffer or no buffer, it is inconsistent atm.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG