The online racing simulator
What inspiration about LFS cars
(74 posts, started )
I have a 88 Starion or more often referred to as a StarQuest because of it bieng also called a Conquest in the States also. The reason I bought this game sadly is the XRGT Turbo is identical to my car, not the interior, but if you look at the front and rear lights there layout is almost identical. The XR GT though is much more like a non widebody starion (maybe a 84???), the reason also though I believe the car was built a large amount off the starion is because the Starion though not widely known was and still is a very good track car. Look up some history on it and you will see that it had quite a record of dominating.

Look at the horsepower rating 250 for the XRGT Turbo, with a 3 inch exaust w/o a cat strait pipe that is an averge hp rating for a Starion, which mine is either close to, or higher not sure, also look at the boost, Starions boost to 12 psi, but many turn the stock turbos to 14-15 psi which is safe to do as long as not under constant use. I believe the spoiler and interior are the only differences between the two, except its relatively easy to put a spoiler on a car, and the hood which might seem to be different really isnt because you could buy that hood with the Starion, sadly of which mine doesnt have... well I have written entirely to much for a first post but thats just my 2 cents! Love the car no matter what the inspiration was cause as long as theses voices in my head keep telling me its my car (and to keep sane), its all I will drive!
Ofcourse!

Metter is Phisics!

What for i hafe great car in nfs when is not good to drive?
I wonder when do the maniacs start customizing their starions to perfect XRT replicas
Quote from Force2Concern :I have a 88 Starion or more often referred to as a StarQuest because of it bieng also called a Conquest in the States also. The reason I bought this game sadly is the XRGT Turbo is identical to my car, not the interior, but if you look at the front and rear lights there layout is almost identical. The XR GT though is much more like a non widebody starion (maybe a 84???), the reason also though I believe the car was built a large amount off the starion is because the Starion though not widely known was and still is a very good track car. Look up some history on it and you will see that it had quite a record of dominating.

Look at the horsepower rating 250 for the XRGT Turbo, with a 3 inch exaust w/o a cat strait pipe that is an averge hp rating for a Starion, which mine is either close to, or higher not sure, also look at the boost, Starions boost to 12 psi, but many turn the stock turbos to 14-15 psi which is safe to do as long as not under constant use. I believe the spoiler and interior are the only differences between the two, except its relatively easy to put a spoiler on a car, and the hood which might seem to be different really isnt because you could buy that hood with the Starion, sadly of which mine doesnt have... well I have written entirely to much for a first post but thats just my 2 cents! Love the car no matter what the inspiration was cause as long as theses voices in my head keep telling me its my car (and to keep sane), its all I will drive!

yeah i agree 100%, the XRT is definatly a starion inspired ! you're dam lucky by the way , i'd love having one !
#56 - orre
Maybe it's a Fersche, or was that a Porrari.. o.O

Does look more like a Porsche than a Ferrari though save for the rear lights.
Are you sure it's not shaped after a 350Z?
Quote from Breizh :Are you sure it's not shaped after a 350Z?

nissan has copied Porsche for the design of their 350z :P
250 you mean?
I do not understand how people can deny that the FZ5/FZR body is not a Ferrari 550!!!! Sure it has the powertrain of a Porsche, but the body is undoubtedly a 550. None of the cars have the traits of a single real life car except for the RA and was it FOX that is based on the real thing? They are all hybrids of 2 to 3 different cars to keep away from the licensing thing.

Quote :rah, stop saying things like that...

Sorry Flotch, it is a Ferrari 550!!! In body style.
So you're saying it's a Ferrari-Ferrari hybrid?
No, a Ferrari-Porsche hybrid...

As the FXO is a Civic-Astra hybrid...
There was more beer than food in my lunch today, so the word body in the first line of m.Rodger's post got lost somewhere between my eyes and brain
LX6 is westfield SEight (sorry for it being confising )

FXO and FXO GTR are Astra coupe

XRGT turbo is 1980's Toyota supra
I've just downloaded the first available old version of LFS (additional downloads -> old versions). Am I the only one who think GT model in that one looked a lot like '8x Camaro. I must admit I like it much better.
aah, the perfect topic to share my "finding":

I think that the FOX (Formula XR) is a clear copy of this car:
(at least the name)

But seriously, I think we should call VW and say they got the car's name all wrong... I mean to me that looks more like a UF1000
Attached images
FOX.jpg
Do I see "Tukko" on that rear window? I thought he lives in Finland...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG