The online racing simulator
Logitech Momo problem
(8 posts, started )
Logitech Momo problem
I have a massive problem with my wheel.

1st: When i turn my wheel very slightly to the left, in the game the car turns already completely to the left and the same happens when i turn it to the right

2nd: when i turn my wheel to the middle it starts drastically shaking automatically.

3rd: I have a force feedback wheel. The force feedback completely disappears when I launch Live for Speed

4th: Pedals does not work at all. I tried calibrating it and it detects on the profiler but nothing happens ingame

Note: I used profiler 5.0.2, and the exact same wheel works PERFECTLY on my old laptop. I use a Falcon Northwest Desktop (I dont think specs are needed but I'll post them if requested)

These combination of problems are driving me insane, if anyone can help please post
I can only suggest starting from the beginning :\

1. reinstall logi drivers
2. calibrate wheel during the install
3. create an lfs profile
4. adjust the specific game settings to your liking, avoid putting Overall Effects Strength over 100% or the wheel may vibrate too much
5. open lfs' controls view and select wheel / js
6. select separate pedals
7. I have wheel rotation set to 270
8. click Recalibrate Axes, move all axes a couple of times from one extreme to the other and back
9. lock calibration
10. assign axes
I did this a couple of times and installed various versions of the software. However, there is still a problem in which it turns to the extreme direction each time i move the wheel slightly, the force feedback completely disappears when i launch LFS and the pedals dont work at all.

someone help please
I use the momo and found that my drivers seemed to go bad on a regular basis...

There should be a couple of folders called logitech (one in program files & one in documents and settings I believe).

The info that I was given was to uninstall wingman, delete everything in those two folder (as long as the wheel is the only logitech device you use) and then reinstall...

As for going straight to full lock, try turning the wheel too full lock in both directions (I also have to push both pedals to full)... Seems to sort that problem out for me...

Hope this helps a little. Sorry can't help more, I'm not that technical...
i have a logi momo the turn the wheel a little and it turns the whole way things happens sometimes.
easy fix (works for me) turn the wheel all the way to the left, until lock, then turn all the way to the right, should fix it fine.

Thanks Michael
Sorry, but nothing works or has any effect on my problem

See, the thing that puzzled me was that the wheel works perfectly on the laptop which has Vista just like the desktop. The laptop and desktop both have identical profilers and settings but no matter what the wheel works perfectly on my laptop but not on my desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Quote :1st: When i turn my wheel very slightly to the left, in the game the car turns already completely to the left and the same happens when i turn it to the right

I always get this when I first use the wheel. Full lock left then right sorts it out.

Quote :2nd: when i turn my wheel to the middle it starts drastically shaking automatically.

Again something I experience a lot, but again the lock to lock method sorts it out

Quote :3rd: I have a force feedback wheel. The force feedback completely disappears when I launch Live for Speed

When I plug the momo in the FF makes the wheel very hard to turn, then when I fire up LFS the FF backs off and the wheel become very easy to turn. It's only when I join a race (leave the pits) that the FF starts putting tension against the wheel again.

Quote :4th: Pedals does not work at all. I tried calibrating it and it detects on the profiler but nothing happens ingame

Not experienced this one

I definately think this is a calibration issue, but as said before I'm not that technical... I'll take some screenshots of my LFS setting tonight and post. Try copying my settings and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for you.
I fixed the pedal problem but the steering problem is still there

Logitech Momo problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG