The online racing simulator
i-way simulators
(12 posts, started )
i-way simulators
I think I'm going to try that soon:

http://www.i-way.fr

6 F1 simulators
6 Endurance simulators (Pescarolo Le Mans 2007)
6 Rallye simulators (Citroën C2 Super 1600)
105 dB audio
Up to 2G forces in turns

Prices:
60 € for 35 minutes of rallye
75 € for 40 minutes of endurance
90 € for 45 minutes of F1
Saw that too on French tv this morning .
I just hope they use something ressembling a proper simulator...
Lfs?
I wonder about the quality of the simulator behind this machine and how can they create a 2G effect in turns? It's possible to create iinstantaneous G force of more than 1 G but for a continuous effect you need a centrifuge!
I wish there was one of those around here, its so fun looking.
Quote from Maelstrom :I wonder about the quality of the simulator behind this machine and how can they create a 2G effect in turns? It's possible to create iinstantaneous G force of more than 1 G but for a continuous effect you need a centrifuge!

Its upto 2G, and in theory if you turn one way at 1G then the other way, the transfer could simulate 2G

Lotes tells me this system was 12 million Euro for the site.

It certainly needs to be busy to break even so i bet they gained a huge grant from the EEC.

I wonder if the devs gave them a free copy of LFS we could all get a free go in the sim, sounds fair to me..............
Looks nice but
I don't see why they have to go all out and build a car around you when you're just going to be staring into a monitor. To me, the Festo seat looks about the most elegant- if you wanted you could fit one of those in your loungeroom.
Yeah it's weird, surely all that extra mass that's bolted on to form the car, while aiding the external visual presentation, will slow the response of the system and ultimately reduce the experience of the bit you're really paying for?
how about just give out rental helmets and only partially model the car . the rear and parts of the side don't need to be modeled then
#10 - J.B.
Wow, what makes them think people will pay that kind of money for playing a computer game? Unless they have their own über sim that will make real racing drivers come to get some cheap track time I can't see how they will survive. Does look like fun though, seems quick and responsive, like Force Dynamics. Glad they didn't get their technology from BRD.

BTW the track in the video is Zandvoort. Anyone recognize the game?

I think they just rely on the novelty. There's a place in Melbourne that's running FS9 on a Matrox Triple Head system, inside an almost fully functioning cockpit, for about $90 for half an hour if I recall correctly. Great for birthdays and the like, apparently.
Quote from J.B. :BTW the track in the video is Zandvoort. Anyone recognize the game?

Looks like a TRD model of Zandvoort to me, but TRD never sounded that good!

i-way simulators
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG