The online racing simulator
Loss of revs
(26 posts, started )
Loss of revs
Hi guys im new here and ive had lfs for about 3 days now im running s2 license.ok so why am i posting this thread well i was just woundering becuase when i turn into a corner to drift i lose all the revs and the car just stop any ideas???

Cheers

(oh great forum)
Select a lower gear that produces enough wheel torque to be able to maintain the wheelspin then?
Put in more fuel and/or don't press "i" an uneven number of times. If the car "just stops" those would be the 2 main causes I think.
FZ5 comes with traction control, if you're trying to drift this one you might want to turn TC off
Use a locked diff or high preload for drifting I'd guess, I'm not a drifter though
#6 - evans
It's really funny to read these threads sometimes.

To OP: You need to post more details on what car you are driving, how it reacts to your input etc. In fact, you should probably post a replay so everyone knows what the hell you're on about. Otherwise you're only going to get these vague and onesided answers from people.
Here is what you do: Put right foot on throttle (pedal on the far right) .. now push down on this pedal.

This should prevent the car losing revs and stopping .. in most case

Hope I have helped,
Cheers
There's a good possibility this person is kinda clueless to the technicals of racing, and is likely using an automatic, which will not allow for drifting, or any proper racing at all IMO, except real life drag racing.
Quote from Gills4life :Here is what you do: Put right foot on throttle (pedal on the far right) .. now push down on this pedal.

This should prevent the car losing revs and stopping .. in most case

Hope I have helped,
Cheers

everytime i see that avatar, i keep on laughing. lol
sorry for offtopic.
:icon23: :bewarespa

:wave2:
Ok well ive got a logitech g25 wheel i do not know what is the best car to start of with and how to drift with this wheel i need help is there someone who can help???

CheeRS
To start with? I would recommend the XRT. G25 is a great choice, you need a decent setup too. Check setupfield for setups.
Quote from apollo1600 :how to drift with this wheel

A classic question, we get lots of these, and there's no reason for you to shame on about asking such.
There really are lots of people who are determined to drift even though they have no idea how to do it. (It just looks so cool!)

1) Approach a corner on 2nd or 3rd gear in a RWD car
2) Press the rightmost pedal all the way down and keep it there
3) Fiddle that round thing in your hands so that you navigate through the corner

Seriously, try racing.
i suspect he might locked up his rear wheel under braking or using e-brake causing the engine to stall

POST A SPR!
i need to know how to drift with this wheel and which track is a good place to learn
So, did we ever learn why the car "just stopped"? I'm quite curious about this, just in case I run into the same problem down the road. Or somebody else does.
Quote from apollo1600 :i need to know how to drift with this wheel and which track is a good place to learn

You don't need to learn, you just want to learn. But your not really making yourself appealing for people to help you. Why you want to learn to drift anyway is beyond me. Try racing. Thats where the fun is.

But to help you help us help you, try and be a little more descriptive. But help yourself first and foremost. If your into your drifting then you know what kind of car real drifters use, you know like FWD, Front Engined, low powered cars. So have a look what they race and see if there is a car that is similar in power and layout. Then go and take that car out for a few laps. Learn to control it without trying to get the rear end stepping out. This will learn you control and technique. A bit like Wax on, Wax off. Then find a banzai tree and bring it too me and we shall talk further young padawan.
the car didnt stop the revs just went down im trying clutch kick now
Quote from apollo1600 :the car didnt stop the revs just went down im trying clutch kick now

Repeat after me: Do racing only.

You'll learn proper car control that way when (after several horrible accidents) finally manage to catch - and God forbid - keep slides.

And not be a laughing stock...
seriously if you want some help, post a SPR
There are several ways to initiate a drift. I personally think the best and easiest way to do so is do a "scandinavian flick". As your approached the corner, quickly turn the wheel in the opposite direction to the corner, and then quickly back into the right direction. This should then put you into a slide, then just control it with the steering and throttle.

I think a good car to start drifting in is the XRT, as its very well balanced. And a good place to practice would either be Blackwood reverse, or the AutoX park. Dont worry though, eventually, you will get the hang of it, but you also need to make sure your car and wheel are setup correctly.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :There are several ways to initiate a drift. I personally think the best and easiest way to do so is do a "scandinavian flick". As your approached the corner, quickly turn the wheel in the opposite direction to the corner, and then quickly back into the right direction. This should then put you into a slide, then just control it with the steering and throttle.

I think a good car to start drifting in is the XRT, as its very well balanced. And a good place to practice would either be Blackwood reverse, or the AutoX park. Dont worry though, eventually, you will get the hang of it, but you also need to make sure your car and wheel are setup correctly.

thanks you extreamly helpfull chap this guy a++++++++++
Sorry for double post. Here is the set i said i would give you in the PM.

Its a good set overall, good for learning, but also good for when you start going against pro's.

p.s, i decided to add all my drift sets, including my personal ones. I also added some brilliant grip setups for when you race too.
Attached files
XRT_Drifter 1.set - 132 B - 1066 views
XRT_Drifter 2.set - 132 B - 1064 views
XRT_Drifting Setup.set - 132 B - 1142 views
XRT_Drift D1.set - 132 B - 1075 views
XRT_Drift Set.set - 132 B - 1122 views
XRT_Grip Setup.set - 132 B - 1213 views
XRT_Grippy Setup.set - 132 B - 1074 views
XRT_Grippy Setup 2.set - 132 B - 1083 views
Hmm, I think I might treat myself to a few of these setups
BTW I am not a drifter but I can still do it and I enjoy it .. I am not a racer but I still do it and I enjoy it .. I dont understand why you MUST be one or the other .. what is wrong with just enjoying all the different types or driving in LFS ?

sorry I went OT but its getting really frustrating reading pages upon pages of flaming about why drifting or racing is so gay etc ..

Loss of revs
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG