The online racing simulator
Steering Problems
(8 posts, started )
Steering Problems
Hi there,

Been playing LFS fine for the last week with my G25, however today when I played the steering was VERY sensitive, despite setting the rotation to 720 degrees both in game and on the profiler. It also wobbles loads as a result. Is there a way of stopping this? Anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for your help, Ben.

Also! Is it possible to re-calibrate the wheel as the centre point on the game is different to the position on the G25? I have seen a calibrating option in-game but it had no result when I tried it!
I think I've had the issue you are describing. This happens to me when the wheel doesn't fully "auto-calibrate" at startup. You know when the wheel spins by itself. All I have to do is unplug and replug the wheel's usb plug and it calibrates again, usually clearing all issues. Hope this helps.

Bryan
I think I have this problem sometimes. It can usually be fixed by simply turning the steering wheel from lock to lock
turning the wheel lock to lock doesn't change where the wheel thinks the centre is from the startup calibration that does help if the game hasn't recognised how far the wheel can turn but if the wheel is off centre and isn't turning as much as you have set it too then simply do what imadude10 says .. unplug and plug back in the usb
Well if my wheel is off centre, lock to lock always works
I beleive I have this issue from time to time as well....pretty random, so I can't figure out how to reproduce it.

You're talking about if you move the G25 wheel 10 degrees, but the car steering wheel is moving almost 720 degreees? thats what happens to me at least.

It starts fine, then all of the sudden in the middle of the race it goes to that weird setting. I then have to alt-tab out, then back in and normally that fixes the issue. I'm not sure if its LFS related or Logitech related, but very, very irritating none the less.
Quote from JO53PHS :I think I have this problem sometimes. It can usually be fixed by simply turning the steering wheel from lock to lock

I'm not saying what you are saying is wrong because I know what you mean. I do it too, but i think this is a different situation, where the wheel calibrates when you start the comp up it can sometimes think the centre is like 90 degrees to the left or right. The only way to fix that is by unplugging it and plugging back in so that it re-calibrates and finds the true centre
#8 - xtm
Quote from Bflinty :Hi there,

Been playing LFS fine for the last week with my G25, however today when I played the steering was VERY sensitive, despite setting the rotation to 720 degrees both in game and on the profiler. It also wobbles loads as a result. Is there a way of stopping this? Anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for your help, Ben.

Also! Is it possible to re-calibrate the wheel as the centre point on the game is different to the position on the G25? I have seen a calibrating option in-game but it had no result when I tried it!

Had a similar problem with my G25, it would randomly reset itselft to ~100* lock, with no way to change it back, except for reinstalling the drivers. However, downloading and installing the latest drivers from Logitech website solved that.

You might also want to check the "calibration lock" option in LFS settings.

Steering Problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG