The online racing simulator
Sweden Ice Hockey GOLD!!
(18 posts, started )
Congrats. This was the first time I watched hockey for like.. umm.. 19 years?

Finland plain sucks in hockey. End of story.
The winning goal was guite interesting, on the face-off Koivus stick snapped and he went to get a new one, other players didnt see that and because there was one swede more on the ice (no one holding him) they scored illepall
We had some bad luck I think, and swedes had some their famous swedish-luck on-hockey-game

Congrats for winning the best team of the tournament
Hooray unsportsmanship. Isn't it great that nowadays you don't only have to win the important games but also loose the important games? I'm referring to that Slovakia "anti-match". I hope Swedish players will be shamed of it in the future. Because of that you don't deserve gold medal.

Quote from Matrixi :Finland plain sucks in hockey. End of story.

How come? Two times in a row we got 2nd place in "all the best players" tournament (World Cup 2004 and now). Finland just sucks winning the final games. We have been in the finals 9 (?) times since Calgary '88 and only one win (world championship 1995).
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
#4 - Don
Don
Quote from HittiS :1. What says that Sweden didn't go for full at the Slovakian match?
4. How do you know that Sweden loose the Slovakian match on purpose, becuse i dont know anything about it?

Your coach gave a statement about it the night before the match. He said "It might be that we are not playing for the win" (or something similar). I watched partly the match I could tell immediately that Swedes wasn't playing at 110%. More like 10%. The most ridiculous part was after the match when Swedish players talked bullshit: "we gave everything". What a hypocrisy. If I was a Swedish reporter I would have kept my mouth shot about the Jarkko Ruutu's tackle on Jagr.

And it's not against the rules but I've never seen same kind of "tactic". I think not many of other hockey teams' players would ever agree to loose on purpose. Not even Canada which always makes everything to win... indeed, to win. That wasn't the case with the Slovakia match.

Actually Finland had same kind of situation in world championship tournament 1994 (not sure if the year is right, couldn't Google it). They had a match against Italy, by losing they would have dropped Sweden from the quarter finals and Finland would have got easier opponent in quarter finals. Well, Finland won the match.

Quote :3. I also think in that case Russia should be a shame of them selves (and alot of other countries over the years also).

Huh? What other matches you know where other team has loosed on purpose? I know 0.

Quote :Sweden has better players and better tactics than Finland thats why we took gold medal - no need to shame about anything!

Yes, you were better in the final match. Of course because you won the match.
-
And you...you shouldnt be that bad "winner". It was obvious that swedes lost that one game on purpose. End.
Swedes played more aggresively. In the beginning sweden were a bit faint. But right after the breaks the swedish team performed really quick and precise attacks. But the broken stick I think played a role in the final score.

The puck was more often at finnish side, and it tells something...
#9 - filur
There can be no tactics, and a good team should play purposely in a direction that might cause a loss?
Quote from HittiS :Whining, whining and whining!

The best team/person gets the gold medal, thats the way sports works, don't be such a bad looser!

No, the team gets the gold medal which loses the right matches on purpose. At least in this case. Sweden might have been on the final even without the loosing but that doesn't change the fact.

Do you even have any idea what I'm talking about? You know the Slovakia-Sweden match where the loser of the match got Switzerland to play against in the quarter finals? Can you give me an answer why Slovakia didn't want to loose on purpose?

Well, be happy with your hypocrisy players. Long live unsportsmanship.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/200 ... qMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Read that.
OH, come on!

The swedes were better in the final game and deserved to win.

Btw, deggis: remember?

Quote :In my opinion Westerlund and all the other "sauna friends" in the Finnish ice hockey federation's "sikariporras" can go to hell.

Quote from Hyperactive :The swedes were better in the final game and deserved to win.

I already agreed this. But a team that looses on purpose doesn't deserve a gold medal. Or medal at all.

Quote :Btw, deggis: remember?

Err... I had to change my mind about Westerlund after the Canada match.
Quote from HittiS :Congrats to Team Sweden who took the Olympic Ice Hockey GOLD medal .. and a handshake to Finland for a great match, kitos!
WE LOVE YOU GUYS!:lovies3d:

Lets not mention the soccer match against Ireland then tonight
*cough* Ireland 3 - Sweden 0 *cough*
-
I guess some people are just bad loosers. There is rarely "luck" in sports, the thing that matters over there is skill and consistency. So this finnish player broke his stick? Too bad, maybe he should have practiced more to be more consistent and keep his stick in one piece.

Congrats to the neighbourland for the gold. Don't mind about bad loosers who always end up arguing "if this and that happened we would've won yadda yadda yadda"
There is allways luck involved in sports, bad or good, competitors are sometimes so equal its the luckyfactor wich makes the difference. And its bad luck if your stick snaps in a face-off, it just doesnt happen very often. But we cant blame that we lost because of that, it just led to a goal. Swedes are the best team playing in lead and playing time. And finns didnt score, it was a nice try but result was 0....or 2
Quote from HittiS :Call it tactic if it makes you feel better, but the thing is that it's aint against the rules. If it was i would definitely agree with you!

It kinda is. IIHF sents supervisors to watch games because of that. Too bad that in this case the supervisor was Kalervo Kummola (chief of the Finnish Hockey Association) who is an **** and he should fire himself. Not that surprisingly he said "I didn't see anything special", good joke. And of course they didn't want to start a hullaballoo which would have greatly affect the Olympic games reputation.

Quote :Swedens tactic was to take it easy in the group game to save strength and give all they had in the semi and final.

It's okay to take it easy if the game is not that important (like FIN-GER in the preliminary) but it's not okay to loose on purpose to get an easy opponent on quarter finals. I hoped so much that Switzerland would had won that quarter final match but unfortunately justice didn't win in this case. I just hope the hockey players and fans all over the world lost their respect towards Swedish players in that team. At least I lost mine.

And one question: did you watch the SWE-SUI match?

Quote :Same thing is during a 20 laps race i LFS - say you have save your tires to the last 6 laps through easy driving the first 14 laps, is that unsportsmanship to the other racers? Please cmon!

That's totally different thing.

Quote :Take your silver medal like a MAN and stop whining about our Gold like a crying child. I say congrats to Finland to your silver medal, nothing more about it.

I already said you were better in the final game.

Quote :Could you show Sweden the same sportsmanship?

Yeah, tell me more about Swedish unsportsmanship...

ps. Aftonbladet is Aftonbladet, but still LOL:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/ ... ory/0,2789,786585,00.html
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/ ... ory/0,2789,786437,00.html
-
It is loser, not loooooser, and lose, not looooose.
I´ve always sayd that the one(s) who cheat the best, usually wins.

Sweden Ice Hockey GOLD!!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG