The online racing simulator
Books on car setup
(4 posts, started )
Books on car setup
Hey folks

I'm going on a trip this summer and need some books to kill some travel time. I thought it would be interesting to learn more about car setup so I'm looking for a book or two on that topic, preferably books that give a general overview rather than focus in on one specific area of the car. Any recommendations?
Hmm, there are a few that usually get mentioned but the only one I can remember is Carroll Smith's Tune to Win - although I can't say I've read it myself.

You could always print off Brian Beckman's PDF: http://phors.locost7.info/contents.htm

There are a few related books on my desk at work, I'll try to see if any of them aren't too heavy for "summer reading". They tend to be a bit more specific though.
Race Car Vehicle Dynamics (Milliken & Milliken), like bob said Carroll Smith - Tune To Win, How to make your car handle, Vehicle Dynamics and control -Springer. For some of them you have to have some pre-knowledge of this things. you can find some of them on the internet.
Cheers, I'll have a look for some of those. Also had a quick look at the stuff on the link Bob posted, looks like it covers a lot of the base physics but doesn't really go into how it applies to setting up a car

Books on car setup
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG