The online racing simulator
2008 Indianapolis 500
(40 posts, started )
Great race at the end there. 'grats to Dixon, he had the car to beat the whole time.
His pit crew did a great job. He would be 2nd coming into the pits everytime yet come out first more or less every time. Good race till the end.
My thoughts on the race.
Noob movement on Danica.
Dixon was the driver to beat.
Great Race.
#29 - JVL
Quote from chanoman315 :My thoughts on the race.
Noob movement on Danica.

Great Race.

y think that briscoe cause the accident
I think that's why he said "on" instead of "by".
Er, Indy 500? Today? Wow great I missed It... the day can't be more sucky...
yes i missed it too SHIT. well i guess i will watch nascar tonight..
IT was a pretty crapp Indy 500. All i can remembeer of the boringness was Dixon and Weldon leading while n00bs made stupid and avoidable mistakes that lead to huge wrecks. I'm pretty sure that the IRL wasn't happy either, they really wanted Patrick, Andretti, or Rahal to win. And none of them did amazingly.

Also, ABC has shown 40 years of shitty coverage. They would go to their "side by side" footage (1/2 screen commercial, 1/2 race) during the take-forever cautions and then go to full commercials under the green flag. Also, often in the "side by side" footage there would be something interesting occuring (Kanaan crash, Danica Patrick walking down the pitlane for here little chat with Brisco). However, ABC insists I see the same Castorl GTX commercial (that I've seen 4 times during the F1 race earlier in the day) instead of the slighly interesting part of the race. It was the worst race broadcast I've ever seen.
So who won and where did the lovely Aussie place?
Quote from AstroBoy :So who won and where did the lovely Aussie place?

Dixon won....and who's the Aussie in Indycar?
Quote from chanoman315 :Dixon won....and who's the Aussie in Indycar?

Ryan Briscoe?
Will Power?
They even try and claim Scott Dixon as he was born there but grew up in New Zealand.
I think there are a couple other Aussies as well.
Typical, a KIWI kicks your ass and all we get is 'boring Indy'. The best US driver was Danika and she qualified 5th.

HA !!!!!!!!!

Scott's been a great driver for years, if he hadn't run out of fuel ( a team problem ! ) last year, he'd have won then too. Won most of our championships from 13 on. Another McLaren when it comes to driving skill.

Go AOTEAROA !!!!!!

Did they show the Haka on TV there ?

( A hell of a lot of Kiwi's put money behind Scott to help him race in the US )
Quote from sil3ntwar :Ryan Briscoe?
Will Power?
They even try and claim Scott Dixon as he was born there but grew up in New Zealand.

Yes i know that he is from NZ.... i forgot the Aussie's there
Oh, and who noticed the design on Dixon's helmet? is similar to Kimi's
Quote from Racer X NZ :Typical, a KIWI kicks your ass and all we get is 'boring Indy'. The best US driver was Danika and she qualified 5th.

HA !!!!!!!!!

Scott's been a great driver for years, if he hadn't run out of fuel ( a team problem ! ) last year, he'd have won then too. Won most of our championships from 13 on. Another McLaren when it comes to driving skill.

Go AOTEAROA !!!!!!

Did they show the Haka on TV there ?

( A hell of a lot of Kiwi's put money behind Scott to help him race in the US )

I'd say Marco did a lot better in the race, unless the Danica comment was just referring to qualifying.

Anyway, yeah, Dixon's very good and has been showing that in the IRL for years now.

2008 Indianapolis 500
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG