The online racing simulator
Petrol Prices
(26 posts, started )
#1 - Ant
Petrol Prices
I thought this would be a good place to ask, what with all the petrolheads.

I just filled up my car with petrol at £0.88 a litre, thats €1.29 a litre or 1.54 USD.

I was curious to how this compares to other countries. I am almost afraid to find out how cheap it is in America these days, more or less free as I understand

edit: oh btw 1 litre = 0.26 u.s gallons ( i think)
There were some americans moaning about how much petrol had gone up, and how they couldn't stand for such prices. Then we told them how much it is in the UK, and they shut up Big grin

Actually, Frown
Depends, some countries are a lot, lot cheaper, others are the same or even more expensive, mainland europe for instance isnt as cheap as it used to be.
For the record, I pay 94p a litre for diesel, and 89p a litre for unleaded.

Dan,
hmm 55 euro for 40 litres yesterday = €1.37 or so per litre (euro95 - unleaded)

and yeah wasn't the price of fuel like more than 50% taxes? It's not just the price of oil rising...
Bought about 8 litres with 10 euros today, so that's 1.239e/litre (95oct).
We actually get a double whammy of tax, not only do we pay fuel duty on petrol we also pay VAT on it too :pillepall

Basically, for every 85p you put in your car, 50.89p is fuel duty (tax), 17.2p is the refinery (oil) cost, 4.2p goes to the forecourt, and another 12.64p goes to more tax (VAT)

Nice aint it Thumbs up

So 1.37 euro in Holland? thats about 94p a litre more than we pay, Finland is a bit cheaper at 84p a litre.

Dan,
Around 1,27 € for 92 oct. unleaded, but its going up and down all the time in some areas in Denmark. On saturdays i can get it up to 0,16 € cheaper..Thumbs up

Diesel price 1,16 €, also cheaper in the week-end in some areas..
#8 - bbman
Euro95 is about 1 € to 1,10 € in Vienna, depending on where you fill it up...
US 93 average octane

$2.70 USD per US gallon
0.59 Euros per liter
0.41 GBP per liter
1.85 GBP per UK gallon

US 87 average octane

$2.30 USD per US gallon
0.51 Euros per liter
0.35 GBP per liter
1.58 GBP per UK gallon
Quote from Clownpaint :You guys were outraged at prices under half what we pay?! Shrug

Actually I don't pay at all in the winter. I have no car, only a bike (250cc and light as hell, so it's great on gas/petrol Smile although with a smaller rear sprocket (longer gearing) it'd probably get even better), and that's at home. I live on campus at uni.
here it's about 84.9 cents CDN / litre.
Soon petrol will be more expensive than beer, which means I won't leave the pub. Their loss.
Here in the UK, some people are trying to start an organisation to buy the fuel directly from the manufacturers (at a discount) and made available by using a card at some big branded fuel stations.
http://www.pipelinecard.org/
Here €1.23 per litre (today)
#15 - th84
$2.15/gallon unleaded... moan moan moan moan moan !!!!!!
Unleaded, maybe 1.35 AUD, give or take...diesel is about the same. Although I was in NZ last week and diesel is 1.05/litre! That works out to less than a buck AUD! It's almost enough to make me want to move there and buy a diesel VW Golf - plus the roads there are just awesome Nod
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#17 - mr_x
petrol costs too much on top of insurance and car tax etc. especially for 17 year old drivers like myself, they let us drive at 17 but we cant afford it! paid 91p per litre the other day, i'd say drop petrol tax and add it on to cigarettes (i am not a fan of smoking and people smoking around me, im all for a complete ban!) living in the UK costs too much! from what ive heard from my parents i dont know how people live in the south!
The Dutch government has a nice trick to raise the yearly income, they just raise the petrol tax every year! :arge: I've read it somewhere that 80% of the fuel price is bloody tax !
Quote from mr_x :snip

We'll im not a fan of you using your Car, and filling the eco system up with all those dirty gasses and other crap coming out the back of your car killing me and my family, so i suggest we ban cars aswell.

Quote :First they came for guns.
And I didn't speak up, because i dont like guns.

Then they came for hunters
And I didn't speak up, because i was not a hunter.

Then they came for smokers
And I didn't speak up, because i was not a smoker

Then they came for greenlaners
And I didn't speak up, because i was not a greenlaner

Then they came for me,
But there was noone left to listen.

Both my car and my bike want that expensive 98 octane stuff, at hot summers the car wants even the really costy rather new 100 octane fuel but I guess a check of the ignition could solve at least this. So it's at moment 1.31 Euro/litre, and about 90 cent of it are taxes.
The worst of it, even with these prices driving the 650 km to my parents alone with car is still cheaper than taking the train. Flying would be cheaper than car but there's the problem to get to and away from the airport because with train the costs for that would even it out again. Something is going wrong here. :pillepall
#21 - Gunn
Yesterday:

Unleaded (95 oct): AUD$1.08 USD$0.80 €0.66 per litre.
Gee, it seems petrol here in Oz isn't really that expensive afterall but like others have said it's all relative.
Quote from tailing :...but like others have said it's all relative.

Yup. As thisnameistaken says, he was wondering what to do with all the money he had left over when he was in the US, where I always wonder how I'm going to get to work in the second week of the 2 week pay period because I'm out.
just refuelled for 1.209€/l (91 octane)
relativly cheap here... i miss the times, when fuel was below 1€/l Frown
Comparing octanes isn't straightforward. The States tend to use MON, and europe RON, but I'd imagine 91 would be MON. The most basic fuel available generally in the UK is 95 RON.
-
(th84) DELETED by th84

Petrol Prices
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG