The online racing simulator
Raceday Format
RaceDay

Each race will be in this format

Qualifying

Qualifying on ovals will be just like the qualifying for the Kyoto 250. Race Control would cue five or so cars and motion them to park in the pits while everyone else spectates. Then the admin will motion a car one by one to do it's qualifying lap. A car will run three laps and the fastest lap will be their qualifying time. After that the car is to immediately slow down, head towards the apron of the track and slowly move towards the pit. There will be no telepitting. Telepitting is only allowed once that car reaches the pit.
Qualifying on road courses would be just a 20 minute times qualifying. Anyone is allowed to join at anytime.

Race

Race will not be a rolling start. This is just too much work and it's too hard for everyone to comply. Just follow the rules and you'll have fun

G.W.C.
A Green white checkered will be issued if there's a crash the lap or more before the checkered flag. When a several cars crash then the race will be put on over time in which a few laps will be added to the end. The G.W.C. period will not have any cautions
Just to clarify...
Can I just clarify, when you say 3 laps for qualifying, do you mean:
- Speed up lap (out of pits)
- Timed lap
- Slow down lap (into pits)

...or do you mean:
- Speed up lap (out of pits)
- Timed lap
- Timed lap
- Timed lap
- Slow down lap (into pits)

I like to be perfectly clear on these things
I think he means

Out lap
Flying lap
In lap

3 laps all up.

Though i thought in Nascar you got 2 flying laps
At the time I thought there only needed to be one lap.

But now I'm changing my mind and making it 2 flying laps.

qualifying format

Out lap
Flying lap
Flying lap
In lap
Will SC out if some cars crash?
Not in qualifying but yes during a race.

The SC will be out during the race. You can find the rules for it in the yellow/SC thread. But I'll just tell you what it is now.

3 or more cars crashes = SC

But it has to be 3 or more cars rendered stationary. If 2 cars crash and a third car is involved but is not stationary (scrapes pass) then no SC. But is 3 cars spin but on different parts of the track then SC so it depends on the circumstance
i think the saftey car will be needed after the big one on the first lap XD
I recommend 2 cars instead of 3....

Just out of personal prefrence...1 car...no, because they could spin themself etc...but 2 cars I think would be reasonable.
Seeing as how hard the XRT is to drive on the oval 3 cars is currently fine imo. In fact even with 3 i'm afraid that there will still be too many cautions lol
Quote from lizardfolk :Seeing as how hard the XRT is to drive on the oval 3 cars is currently fine imo. In fact even with 3 i'm afraid that there will still be too many cautions lol

lol, I'm all for no cautions (*Spins 1-car Lizard*) lol. That's what i'm worried about. The guy that gets spun then comes back on track and wrecks the guy wrecking the entire field...yeah.
Intentional wrecking will not be tolerated. If you blatantly (and the key word here is blatant) wreck someone you will be immediately removed from the race and you'll have a DQ (no points).

controversial incidents will be reviewed after the race.

However, forcing a caution is allowed. For example, if I spun and I tell my teammates (through vent of course no chatting allowed) that I need a caution. My two teammates can pull over on the apron and stop their car. Since a caution states that 3 or more cars need to be stationary, even though the cars didn't technically crash, a caution will still come out

Edit: The forced caution rule is now under review here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=43623
Quote from lizardfolk :However, forcing a caution is allowed. For example, if I spun and I tell my teammates (through vent of course no chatting allowed) that I need a caution. My two teammates can pull over on the apron and stop their car. Since a caution states that 3 or more cars need to be stationary, even though the cars didn't technically crash, a caution will still come out

Sorry, but this sounds ridiculous.
yes it does lol.
I think ridiculous is a too nice of a way of putting it :P
Quote from PMD9409 :I think ridiculous is a too nice of a way of putting it :P

+1 BS seems a little better...
You guys obviously dont watch NASCAR enough

(Ron Hornaday truck race in which he had a flat tire and needed a caution so he spun himself out (putting rubber all over the track) to get one).

Of course if you guys dont like this (and this is not allowed in ARCA) I can have a rule stating that this kind of action would be punishable
I do watch NASCAR actually, and if you watched the Richmond race Denny Hamlin got a RF flat with only 15 or so laps to go. He "purposely" missed the pits to engage a caution. NASCAR saw this as an unfair advantage so they held him for 2 laps in the pits.

BTW, both examples are useless, since what you explained before as 2 of your team mates stopping for you, which is still considered (to me) stupid.
Quote from PMD9409 :I do watch NASCAR actually, and if you watched the Richmond race Denny Hamlin got a RF flat with only 15 or so laps to go. He "purposely" missed the pits to engage a caution. NASCAR saw this as an unfair advantage so they held him for 2 laps in the pits.

BTW, both examples are useless, since what you explained before as 2 of your team mates stopping for you, which is still considered (to me) stupid.

I dont remember that but I'll just assume ur right

If the majority believes that there should be a rule about forced cautions then i'll add a rule that applies against forced cautions
LOL @ the teammates stopping to cause a caution. ROFL.
Wow... That's the smartest thing I've heard in years.
'' Oh crap, you crashed? Let's pull over beside you and fake that we're talking to you through the window to see if you're ok. It'll cause a caution and you can pit.''

I think that's just... silly? Lol, pretty unsportsmanlike if you ask me. If you crash it's your own fault if there is no other cars that crashed with you and that means that you don't deserve to get a caution lap or 2 to pit... It puts the cars that were good enough not to crash in a unfair position since all they did to keep it facing the right way is pretty pointless seeing as the others would just catch up.

Bleh if that didn't make any sense then I'm sorry, it's late at night.
I can't watch NASCAR.....
#22 - Knu
Quote :Race will not be a rolling start. This is just too much work and it's too hard for everyone to comply.

Surely, if you do double-file restarts, a rolling start is totally plausible? Double-file might be a bit hard to implement, but I'd prefer single-file to standstill.
Personally...double file isn't hard...it's just some people don't realize that the brake pedal is on the left.

It's usually about midpack, someone tries to warm their tires, lag into someone else...and...then it gets hairy
I love rolling starts, but I do know that many leagues that implement rolling starts have usually failed at facilitating a successful start.

But I'm willing to give it a chance which is 3 attempts at rolling starts if all else fails after that then we'll do a normal stand start.

Also, no tire warming techniques (which means no swerving) on double file starts or restarts
Quote from lizardfolk :I love rolling starts, but I do know that many leagues that implement rolling starts have usually failed at facilitating a successful start.

But I'm willing to give it a chance which is 3 attempts at rolling starts if all else fails after that then we'll do a normal stand start.

Also, no tire warming techniques (which means no swerving) on double file starts or restarts

however, accidentally plowing into PMD is encouraged!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG