#1 - T!m0
What to do with "start-missers"
It happens quite often that drivers do not pull off at the start for some reason causing a mess even before T1.
You either see them to late and crash or you see them forcing you to make a dangerous pass or just brake with the false hope that everybody behind you will brake as well.
Should I report them?
Report, intentionally stopping on the racing line. Imo.
#3 - Dru
see what happens after the crash IMO

If the guy says sry sry sry I was on the phone... (then report them)

If they said sry sry - my pedals died - or I left it in neutral - then thats racing mate, just accept it and learn to have better reactions

I'm sure the main problem is the fuller server - if people 'think' they will not make the start then if they 'spec' they can potentially lose their grid slot to someone else and then when they 'can' make it - they have 'race full'
Quote from Dru :
I'm sure the main problem is the fuller server - if people 'think' they will not make the start then if they 'spec' they can potentially lose their grid slot to someone else and then when they 'can' make it - they have 'race full'

Well if they spec they obviously will lose their spot. This is why sharp people pit instead.
-
(haelje) DELETED by haelje : red the quote wrong ;)
The immediate answer to the thread title is "Execute them", this is by far and away the most annoying thing - in my opinion - that someone can do in a race. I mean, it's not like it takes a large amount of skill, judgement and experience to get the car to move when the lights go green.

Despite that there are sometimes legitimate reasons for this - as Dru points out, for example, controller issues - if it caused an incident, I would still be leaning towards reporting it. By all means put in the report that it is a low-priority thing, so as not to waste important admin time, but if the driver in question lets such things happen often, the admins should be able to notice - perhaps in licence notes.

There's only one excuse for doing this, and that's lag. If you try your utmost to get out of the way and the system does not permit it, then - unless you're running torrents or something - fine, it's unavoidable, and not your fault. But, the rest of the time, even if your controller dies (or something else prevents you getting off the line) that's what God gave us the "Shift" and "S" keys for.

Those who wander off and aren't even at the 'wheel when the lights go green should probably be subject to my original suggestion.

My opinions on the matter, anyway.

Sam
#6 - SamH
Reports of this nature are welcome. If you leave your computer and may not be back in time for the next race, you are required to spectate or pit. Because of the concurrent qualifying system, if you get yourself back on the track in time for the next race, you won't lose your grid position. There should be no error in this department in CTRA servers, because one thing you can be absolutely sure of is that a new race WILL be starting soon, whether anyone votes for it or not.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG