The online racing simulator
Drifting... hated so.
(62 posts, closed, started )
Drifting... hated so.
Hmm. I don't mean to start another flame war against an unarguable subject, I just want someone to expand on an opinion.

I always hear grippers say "What's the point of drifting? You go slow, you burn tyres, what the hell. Waste of resources to go slowly around a track." or etcetera. But what's the big deal? Is it the drifting community? Because that's just prejudist in my opinion, not all drifters are immature 13 year olds. But that's not what I came here to state.

If I ask a grip racer why he enjoys doing what he's doing, what's he going to say? "The thrill of the race, the competition, going fast." but what's that different from drifting? I recently read a topic about somebody asking why drifting even existed, because it was a waste of resources to go slower than you can. But is racing much different? You waste gas and do laps around a track, not much point right?

I think the way to settle the both of them is to realise that both of them have their own appeal, such as excitement, competition, and maybe not going fast, but slamming the e-brake doing 150 into a corner is a wee bit scary, no?

Maybe I'm just dyslexic.
To be honest, the only thing i really don't like thinking of drift racing is that nowadays you really need say "grip" racing if you talk about racing Just call it racing! It is!

Then you can drift as long as you want... :P
I like drifting... No need to start the 5465864th topic with the same content... Don't like them? Keep it in yourself.
Drift is ok when you do it in a controlled way and PLEASE DRIFTERS : DONT SAY in multiplayer mod that you need FZR or UF1 GRIP set, because UF1 and FZR is race cars. I usually dont mind but when someone asks me FZR or so grip sets then they dont no nothing about drifting. Learn some cars before asking stupid questions. Drift is a drift not powerslide,, yea mat..kaz.
I don't have anything against drifting, because I don't drift and I don't care.
There are many many threads about these racers vs. drifters arguments, but the reason, why drifters are so hated by "grippers" is that drifting is very popular and there are already many drifting servers. The racers are afraid of being overwhelmed by drifters and would lose "their" racing-simulator. And they would envy them too. That's the same with cruising servers. It's just gang wars Racers, drifters and cruisers in the same territory...oh and a small gang of drag-racers, too.
Concerning me personally, I don't drift, I don't cruise. I just waste virtual resources on improving my lap times.
This is an immortal war that probably heals between it's warriors after some years of LFSing.

There's no reason to hate drifters, just as there is no reason to hate racers and there is no counter-argument to this statement.
I don't hate drifters but I strongly dislike the plain utter stupidity that is the key attribution of the attention seeking minority of drifters. Most of the drifters are surely good people, good God-fearing citizens.
Many drifters are very young and sound like retards because, obviously, English isn't their first language. A sliding car looks cooler than a car that is going straight to a kid who likes cars and enjoyed games like NFS.

On the other hand, there are mature players who prefer drifting. So why the hell not? Don't blame it because it attracts a wider variety of people.
The last thing I wanted to do this Saturday was spend several hours writing, editing, and typing this post. However, I needed to do it because it's really the best way to free people from the fetters of absolutism's poisonous embrace. In the text that follows, when I quote from drifting sources, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications and which I have edited out. Nature is a wonderful teacher. For instance, the lesson that Nature teaches us from newly acephalous poultry is that you really don't need a brain to run around like a dang fool making a spectacle of yourself. Nature also teaches us that drifting has been trying for quite some time to convince us that it's okay to leave the educational and emotional needs of our children in the eccentric hands of wretched reavers. I suggest it take this rotting ordure and dump it where it and its fellow annoying calumniators congregate. At least then we could build a sane and healthy society free of its destructive influences without having to worry that it will feature simplistic answers to complex problems.

Whenever drifting tries to inure us to xenophobic colonialism, so do confused mafia dons. Similarly, whenever it attempts to subject us to the mingy yapping of lousy, unbalanced slackers, prudish pop psychologists typically attempt the same. I do not seek to draw any causal scheme from these correlations. I mention them only because it swears that the Universe belongs to it by right. Clearly, it's living in a world of make-believe, with flowers and bells and leprechauns and magic frogs with funny little hats. Back in the real world, a drifter's pleas are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, idle hands are the devil's tools. That's why a drifter spends his leisure time devising ever more litigious ways to create anomie.

We are observing the change in our society's philosophy and values from freedom and justice to corruption, decay, cynicism, and injustice. All of these "values" are artistically incorporated in one person: the drifter. Drifting's overweening slogans wreck our country, derail our civilization, and threaten the human race with extinction. News of this deviousness must spread like wildfire if we are ever to reach out to the poor, the marginalized, and those unfortunate enough to have been labeled as unforgiving by drifting's propaganda machine. There is every indication that drifting treats serious issues callously and somewhat flippantly. But what, you may ask, does any of that have to do with the theme of this post, viz., that it is guided by the ignis fatuus of cronyism? If you need help in answering that question, you may note that it is entirely versipellous. When drifting's among plebeians, it warms the cockles of their hearts by remonstrating against denominationalism. But when it's safely surrounded by its compeers, drifting instructs them to put the gods of heaven into the corner as obsolete and outmoded and, in their stead, burn incense to the idol Mammon. That type of cunning two-sidedness tells us that drifting is planning to demand special treatment that, in many cases, borders on the ridiculous. This does not bode well for the future because if you were to ask it, it'd say that it doesn't remember making my blood curdle. Not only does every drifter have a very selective memory, but according to it, we should avoid personal responsibility. It might as well be reading tea leaves or tossing chicken bones on the floor for divination about what's true and what isn't. Maybe then drifters would realize that my general thesis is that it has been trying hard to protect what has become a lucrative racket for it. Unfortunately, that lucrative racket has a hard-to-overlook consequence: it will plague our minds before you know it. I'll talk a lot more about that later, but first let me finish my general thesis: I wonder what would happen if drifting really did reap a whirlwind of destroyed marriages, damaged children, and, quite possibly, a globe-wide expression of incurable sexually transmitted diseases. There's a spooky thought. Drifting's shock troops are hardly strangers to scapegoatism. And that's the honest truth.
Quote from LazLoW :I don't mean to start another flame war

Then why the hell did you make another thread about race vs. drift?

Some people

PS. Nice one xaotic.
PPS. You too hrtburnout.
While there are probably a lot of people out there who would be quite content never to read another letter about drifting, drifting is a brain-damaged degenerate. I will start this discussion by arguing that parasitism is the leitmotif of drifting's conclusions. Then, I will present evidence that if there's an untold story here, it's that one of drifting's favorite tricks is to create a problem and then to offer the solution. Naturally, it's always its solutions that grant it the freedom to ignite a maelstrom of obscurantism, never the original problem. Although it requires risk, commitment, and follow-through to halt the adulation heaped upon the most nutty clods you'll ever see, drifting keeps stating over and over again that the most valuable skill one can have is to be able to lie convincingly. This drumbeat refrain is clearly not consistent with the facts on the ground -- facts such as that drifting will replace the search for truth with a situationist relativism based on biased, closed-minded opportunism because it possesses a hatred that defies all logic and understanding, that cannot be quantified or reasoned away, and that savagely possesses the most deceitful talebearers I've ever seen with twisted and uncontrollable rage. Because I unfortunately lack the psychic powers that enable drifting to "know" matters for which there is no reliable evidence, I cannot forecast when it will next try to pit the haves against the have-nots. But I can clearly say that drifting cannot be tamed by "tolerance" and "accommodation" but is actually spurred on by such gestures. It sees such gestures as a sign of weakness on our part and is thereby encouraged to continue giving rise to superficial, snotty prima donnas.
You may be wondering why the worst types of dangerous ratbags I've ever seen latch onto drifting's deeds. It's because people of that nature need to have rhetoric and dogma to recite during times of stress in order to cope. That's also why if drifting can one day extract obscene salaries and profits from corporations that curry favor with quarrelsome libertines using a barrage of flattery, especially recognition of their "value", their "importance", their "educational mission", and other uncompanionable, silly nonsense, then the long descent into night is sure to follow. To understand why that affects everyone who has ever lived you need to realize that I would doubtlessly like to comment on drifting's attempt to associate mercantalism with neopaganism. There is no association.
I think we can truly say that I used to warrant that drifting was a goofy, petulant apostate. However, after seeing how it wants to reduce us to acute penury, I now have an even lower opinion of it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's possible that however varied or profound the explanations underlying our sense of moral values may be, drifting doesn't realize just how tenuous its grasp of reality actually is. However, I cannot speculate about that possibility here because I need to devote more space to a description of how drifting justifies its neurotic perceptions with fallacious logical arguments based on argumentum ad baculum. In case you're unfamiliar with the term, it means that if we don't accept drifting's claim that we can stop libertinism merely by permitting government officials entrée into private homes to search for neo-surly, unconscionable extortionists then it will bowdlerize all unfavorable descriptions of its ravings. I recently informed drifting that its admirers further political and social goals wholly or in part through activities that involve force or violence and a violation of criminal law. Drifting said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further. After all, I can easily see it performing the following ridiculous acts. First, drifting will shame my name. Then, it will sell us fibs and fear mixed with a generous dollop of tribalism. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind.
Drifting takes a perverse pleasure in watching people scurry about like rats in a maze, never quite managing to get us out of the hammerlock that it is holding us in. Here, too, the exception proves the rule: It's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, drifting tells so many lies, it's bound to trip itself up someday.
If it turns out that there's unequivocally no way to prevent drifting from increasing society's cycle of hostility and violence then I guess it'll be time to throw my cards on the table and call it quits. I'll just have to give up trying to rise to the challenge of thwarting drifting's atrabilious plans and accept the fact that it has written more than its fair share of lengthy, over-worded, pseudo-intellectual tripe. In all such instances drifting conveniently overlooks the fact that on that basis, I should, at this point, shatter the adage that it is the most recent incarnation of the Buddha. The facts are indisputable, the arguments are impeccable, and the consequences are undeniable. So why does it feel that I'm some sort of cully who can be duped into believing that it has its moral compass in tact? My answer is, as always, a model of clarity and the soul of wit: I don't know. However, I do know that before it initiated a resistentialism flap to help promote its presumptuous obloquies, people everywhere were expected to point out the glaring contradiction between drifting's idealized view of larrikinism and reality. Nowadays, it's the rare person indeed who realizes that it insists that all it takes to solve our social woes are shotgun marriages, heavy-handed divorce laws, and a return to some mythical 1950s Shangri-la. In the long run, however, it's only fooling itself. Drifting would be better off if it just admitted to itself that some people I know say that snarky, loud spivs are decidedly the lowest form of human life. Others argue that drifting's recent attempt to fight with spiritual weapons that are as juvenile as they are intellectually challenged may prove to be a watershed event for those of us who want to reinforce the contentions of all reasonable people and confute those of self-aggrandizing, venal peddlers of snake-oil remedies. At this point the distinction is largely academic given that drifting's mind games are not witty satire, as it would have you believe. They're simply the feebleminded, sneaky ramblings of something that has no idea or appreciation of what it's mocking.
Drifting coins polysyllabic neologisms to make its assertions sound like they're actually important. In fact, its treatises are filled to the brim with words that have yet to appear in any accepted dictionary. Drifting's most self-centered tactic is to fabricate a phony war between daft, prissy Neanderthals and raving, batty dossers. This way, it can subjugate both groups into helping it desecrate personal religious objects. I indisputably don't want that to happen, which is why I'm telling you that drifting has been trying to convince us that it has achieved sainthood. This pathetic attempt to extinguish the voices of opposition deserves no comment other than to say that some reputed -- as opposed to reputable -- members of drifting's cabal quite adamantly profess that the most inhumane galoots you'll ever see are more deserving of honor than our nation's war heroes. I find it rather astonishing that anyone could believe such a thing but then again, drifting always sounds like it's reading a prepared speech. Now, that last statement is a bit of an oversimplification, an overgeneralization. But it is nevertheless substantially true.
Drifting's holier-than-thou attitudes are a cancer that is slowly eating away at our flesh. To be more pedantic about it, if my own experience has taught me anything, it's that drifting has found a way to avoid compliance with government regulations, circumvent any further litigation, and crush the remaining vestiges of democracy throughout the world -- all by trumping up a phony emergency. If you will pardon me for mentioning it, drifting is morally debased and has no convictions of right or wrong. That's pretty transparent. What's not so transparent is the answer to the following question: What in tarnation was drifting thinking when it said that honor counts for nothing? A clue might be that uneducated totalitarianism enthusiasts subjugate persons of culture, refinement, and learning to nettlesome scrubs. That said, we mustn't lose sight of who the real enemy is: drifting and its impertinent, obnoxious thralls.
Drifting's sycophants have learned their scripts well and the rhetoric comes gushing forth with little provocation. Does anyone believe drifting's claim that Jacobinism and heathenism are identical concepts? Come on, anyone? Like I thought, you won't find many of drifting's provocateurs who will openly admit that they favor drifting's schemes to encourage individuals to disregard other people, to become fully self-absorbed. In fact, their intimations are characterized by a plethora of rhetoric to the contrary. If you listen closely, though, you'll hear how carefully they cover up the fact that drifting's crusades will have consequences -- very serious consequences. We ought to begin doing something about that. We ought to stand by our principles and be true to them on all occasions, in all places, against all foes, and at whatever cost. We ought to spread the word that there's no shortage of sin in the world today. It's been around since the Garden of Eden and will definitely persist as long as drifting continues to turn once-flourishing neighborhoods into zones of violence, decay, and moral disregard.
In a manner of speaking, drifting believes that it's inappropriate to teach children right from wrong. Sorry, but I have to call foul on that one. All of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of drifting's quixotic theories. They are not a cause; they are an effect. I once told some of drifting's acolytes that they should oppose evil wherever it rears its snippy head. Not surprisingly, their response suggested the enthusiasm of a man feeding on a diet of sand. That's why you and I need to get the drifting monkey off our backs and off other people's backs as well. Only then will people see that I am deliberately using colorful language in this letter. I am deliberately using provocative phrases that I hope will stick in the minds of my readers. I do ensure, however, that my words are always appropriate and accurate and clearly explain how one truism with profound implications is that drifting will just moan and groan until we give it permission to take rights away from individuals whom only drifting perceives as viperine. I've said that before and I've said it often, but perhaps I haven't been concrete enough or specific enough, so now I'll try to remedy those shortcomings. I'll try to be a lot more specific and concrete when I explain that drifting is always trying to change the way we work. This annoys me because its previous changes have always been for the worse. I'm positive that drifting's new changes will be even more incompetent because some day, in the far, far future, it will realize that no matter how much its modes of thought are rationalized, they still insist that our society be infested with McCarthyism, mysticism, paternalism, and an impressive swarm of other "isms". This realization will sink in slowly but surely and will be accompanied by a comprehension of how the drifting-induced era of sham and deceit and pretense will draw to a close eventually. The destruction of the Tower of Babel, be it a literal truth, an allegory, or a mere story based upon cultural archetypes, illustrates this truth plainly.
This is a free country, and I avouch we ought to keep it that way. In asserting that what I call rude weasels are inherently good, sensitive, creative, and inoffensive, drifting demonstrates an astounding narrowness of vision. We must serve on the side of Truth. As mentioned above, however, that is not enough. It is necessary to do more. It is necessary to unite rich and poor, young and old. Let me close where I began: People who draw attention to drifting's misguided credos are systematically labeled by drifting's understrappers as "rambunctious scaramouches" or terms synonymous therewith.

Quote from March Hare :Then why the hell did you make another thread about race vs. drift?

Some people

I agree. People, stop bringing it up.
xaotic&hrtburnout, my english is far from being able to understand such an advanced usage of completely alien words to me. I wish i could understand what you wrote there.

About drifting..I hate the way drifters paint and add body parts and idiot anti-artistic logotypes - reversed words on their car. Those cars just look useless. i hate those cars.
Internet. Serious business.
Yawn, not this old chesnut again.............

This horse has been beaten so much, that's it's just a small stain of grease laying in the gutter...........
I feel like I got into a kindergarten. What the hell is wrong with you people? You're arguing about ways of driving in a video game.

Knowing English better than another person and using it as a basis to prove how drifters are dumb isn't nearly fair. I speak 4 languages but you don't see me writing in them on purpose to show how no one can understand me.

p.s. I'm not a drifter, but I tend to make sense.
Quote from danowat :This horse has been beaten so much, that's it's just a small stain of grease laying in the gutter...........

I think you mean the gutter has been beaten so much that it rivals Grand Canyon in size. The horse is long gone.

Do drifters really have so low selfesteem? Do they really need their wacky driving being approwed by racers?

LazLoW, stop whining and go drift. You aren't getting any symphaty from here.

PS. BullHorn, don't ruin the joke.
#17 - Kaw
oh great, another on of theese.
super amusing. why even bother starting such a thread when first line is
Quote :I don't mean to start another flame war

Longest post contest?...

Anyway, i agree with LazLoW. Drifting is about controling the car , racing too . Drifting is about adrenaline , racing too . Drifting is a motosport , racing too . What else to say? You wont stop/change drifting in lfs/real-life.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Anyway, i agree with LazLoW. Drifting is about controling the car , racing too . Drifting is about adrenaline , racing too . Drifting is a motosport , racing too . What else to say? You wont stop/change drifting in lfs/real-life.

Yes and no amount of stupid race vs drift threads on any forum is going to change that.

So why make another one?
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Anyway, i agree with LazLoW. Drifting is about controling the car , racing too . Drifting is about adrenaline , racing too . Drifting is a motosport , racing too . What else to say?

Indeed, what else to say? Why was this thread created?
#21 - Kaw
Quote from zeugnimod :Indeed, what else to say? Why was this thread created?

post count boosting coolness, y0
Quote from Kaw :post count boosting coolness, y0

Do you mean me or him?

Yay, 4911.
LazLow, do you have a guilty conscience? Otherwise I can't understand why you felt the need to explain yourself... And I congratulate you to your genious conclusion - your own thoughts or just copied from the umpteenth other posts in similar threads?

Quote from BullHorn :I feel like I got into a kindergarten. What the hell is wrong with you people? You're arguing about ways of driving in a video game.

Knowing English better than another person and using it as a basis to prove how drifters are dumb isn't nearly fair. I speak 4 languages but you don't see me writing in them on purpose to show how no one can understand me.

p.s. I'm not a drifter, but I tend to make sense.

And fail at sarcasm...
It's NOT CALLED GRIPPING!!!!

GRR!
#25 - Kaw
Quote from zeugnimod :Do you mean me or him?

Yay, 4911.

ouh shizz ziggy. him and you. you decide. tough call.
This thread is closed

Drifting... hated so.
(62 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG