The online racing simulator
Novice No Gears with G25
(8 posts, started )
Novice No Gears with G25
Hope this is the right forum for this question, I recently purchased the G25 wheel etc, I have got the wheel working & the pedals but I cannot get the gears to work at all so i am stuck on the starting grid all revved up & not going anywhere. I've tried the gears set to sequential , auto & shifter but no go, the lights are on the shifter to indicate power & the gears work fine in R-Factor with no setup at all needed...can anyone get me mobile in this great game...thx in advance....have looked in other threads to no avail ??
#2 - bbman
Have you mapped all the gear positions in the options?

And "shifter" should be the right mode...
Go to options > controls > select Controller.

Select the shifting type, when you select 'Shifter' you need to assign the gears in LFS under the same controller options. As with the sequential and paddle shift gears, you need to tell LFS which button/gear is up shift/down shift.
No joy
I have Reverse as button 14 , First is button 8, second is 9, third is 10, Fourth is 11, Fifth is 12 ......set as Shifter, even in game controller properties everything is registering as working ok gears are there too, although the APPLY button is not highlighted ? Update I have managed to get mobile at least using the AUTO function & the paddles but still no shifter gears ?
What car are you trying to drive? Note that cars with a sequential gearbox cannot be used with the shifter in H-gate mode.
I think you can select in the "player" option the H-gate shifter if I remember right.. Then it will used the maped buttons
If you have selected manual clutch, you need to engage it to put the engine into first gear as the race starts. Otherwise it just stands still and you can't shift.
Thx Everyone
thx for the advice guys the penny eventually dropped and yes I was trying to drive a car in the wrong mode ......I feel like a right cretinus rectus .....oh well thx again....gotta go and put some laps in ......green lights are go

Novice No Gears with G25
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG