The online racing simulator
Problem with car stereo
(3 posts, started )
Problem with car stereo
I have a bit of a problem in my real car. And I wondered if anyone here might be able to help me.
I got the brilliant idea to put an old subwoofer in my car, it's from a stereo, so it only needs 220V feed and being hooked up to the radio.
But I made a little error, and I short circuited it by accident. Now when I turn the ignition, I hear the sub going on, but my radio is dead.

Red wire: gets power when ignition is on, makes the sub work.
Yellow wire: should get power, it's the straight battery feed, but it isn't powered.
Blue one: remote, should also get power, but it doesn't.

Now, I know I should just swap the fuses, two of them broke. I swapped the two fuses with fuses already there (non important ones), and it makes the sub work (separate fuse), my interior lighting (which is the same one as the yellow and blue wire get their power from) works, but I'm not getting power at the radio..

What is this?
Quote from sgt.flippy :I have a bit of a problem in my real car. And I wondered if anyone here might be able to help me.
I got the brilliant idea to put an old subwoofer in my car, it's from a stereo, so it only needs 220V feed and being hooked up to the radio.
But I made a little error, and I short circuited it by accident. Now when I turn the ignition, I hear the sub going on, but my radio is dead.

Red wire: gets power when ignition is on, makes the sub work.
Yellow wire: should get power, it's the straight battery feed, but it isn't powered.
Blue one: remote, should also get power, but it doesn't.

Now, I know I should just swap the fuses, two of them broke. I swapped the two fuses with fuses already there (non important ones), and it makes the sub work (separate fuse), my interior lighting (which is the same one as the yellow and blue wire get their power from) works, but I'm not getting power at the radio..

What is this?

er...hate to point out the bleedin obvious, but most cars I know run at 12v DC, not 220v AC....surprisingly you make no mention whatsoever of an inverter being used ...

Try looking in a car audio shop for a PROPER sub woofer with a decent amp...should be able to get a good system for under £200 provided your radio is up to it...(I use a 4*45W M o S System as a head unit)
Quote from Bladerunner :er...hate to point out the bleedin obvious, but most cars I know run at 12v DC, not 220v AC....surprisingly you make no mention whatsoever of an inverter being used ...

Try looking in a car audio shop for a PROPER sub woofer with a decent amp...should be able to get a good system for under £200 provided your radio is up to it...(I use a 4*45W M o S System as a head unit)

Thread can be closed already, it was just a third fuse which had to be replaced. Everything works now. And I didn't mention it, but yes, there is an inverter used. Thanks anyways!

Problem with car stereo
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG