The online racing simulator
Teamspeak Marshal Speak - How?
Okay, I'm a marshal. I feel it necessary to make a topic due to a problem: my computer doesn't have a microphone. This means I can't keep in contact with fellow pitlane marshal, NtrlBrnRacer. Or any marshal for that matter without distracting drivers.

Still, I'll get TeamSpeak so I can listen to news and stuff.

I don't have a microphone either, but we don't really need one. The practice events seemed to go well because everyone listened to dekojester

Another thing, How are marshalls going to give orders / whatever, to drivers if we're on seperate channels?
All the orders are directed to me and the starter to be directed to the racers.

There will be a channel that all racers, the starter, and myself will be in. I will call penalties and other warnings, the starter will do some as well.

The other admins will be in a separate channel, and I will instruct you on how to set a push-to-talk to whisper to yourselves and me. This is so the marshals may chat about things without distracting the racers.

This will be trialed officially at the next practice race.

d
Deko i have the PM program that i will have up (maybe) still thinking about it. But yeah we will still need some way of communication.
If you really need a microphone, they're not that expensive to buy. If you can, just go to your local electronics store or any store that sells microphones and pick one up.
I got my old mic for 1 dollar and it lasted a year and a half before I got pissed and snapped it. Well, you know... It was 1 dollar... Too tempting...
#7 - J@tko
Or you could get a webcam, which will have one built in.

Then you've got more than just a microphone.

You can get one for about £15.
#8 - Jakg
If you happen to live in the middle of nowhere, and the selection in the local shop is limited to 2 items you'll have to pay 15€ like I did

EDIT: The original question was how to communicate without a microphone. You can send text messages via TS, IF someone bothers to keep an eye on the TS window
For the edit post... did you not just hear me? i have a pm insim so people can talk on the game to people.
wasn't it extremely laggy the last time it was used?
no... because the only time we used it was the LFSBC.
Quote from hyntty :wasn't it extremely laggy the last time it was used?

I believe the lagginess of it was because it was being run on J@tko's confuser.

d
Quote from dekojester :I believe the lagginess of it was because it was being run on J@tko's confuser.

d

Cheers Deko!
Quote from dekojester :I believe the lagginess of it was because it was being run on J@tko's confuser.

Wait, wasn't D the person who didn't have a sence of humour? I bet he had that one written down ages ago

EDIT from J@tko: LOL!!!!!!

EDIT from hyntty:What are you, a cuckoo, laying eggs on others posts?
Quote from hyntty :Wait, wasn't D the person who didn't have a sence of humour? I bet he had that one written down ages ago

EDIT from J@tko: LOL!!!!!!

<=== Master of Sarcasm.

Like you care.

d
J@tko.... <<<<<<< Master of epic fails. Along with Joe. LOL

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG