The online racing simulator
Tweak Glitch
(13 posts, started )
Tweak Glitch
First of all, yes, I know that this is a problem that is only capable of happening in patch V. I would still like to bring this up in case anyone is planing on making a tweak for patch Y. This could be a major problem if it is unknown to the designer.

I've been working on a project that involves using tweak for patch V, the best tweak/tune ever. Basically what happens is when you send the tweak settings to and from other people the following error occurs.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KGipoqeaawc

Althought I don't show the tyres, the cambers actually turn in to -45 degrees. Also this is a very calm version of this incident, I've seen the cars react much more violently... Anyways thats the problem... Sorry dev's if you wanted this in the unoffical add-on or technical assistance section but I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone that may be working on a similar project.
Why would anyone care about a year old version and a glitch that only happens in that version when you do something with the game? :/
That's just because some crap settings have been put into LFSTweak, either directly, or because the presets aren't loaded/saved correctly.
This looks like the "," problem. Go into the actual tweak file and open it with notepad. Where it says things like "power", make sure the icon seperating the numbers is'nt a comma. It should be a full stop. Make sure its a full stop on all the settings where there should be seperator.
#5 - Ian.H
Still wondering HTF this is an 'improvement' or 'suggestion' in regards to LFS itself

You're running a hack, let alone an obsolete version.. not much to be pointed out :nut:

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :You're running a hack, let alone an obsolete version.. not much to be pointed out :nut:

That was coded by an impatient idiot who barely knew what he was doing and didn't even thoroughly test his code...
Dang Nolan! Calm down in the back seat!
Quote from Ian.H :Still wondering HTF this is an 'improvement' or 'suggestion' in regards to LFS itself

You're running a hack, let alone an obsolete version.. not much to be pointed out :nut:

Regards,

Ian

I think if you would actually take the time to read the post you would know. Try reading the first paragraph, if you can... :nut:

Quote from Bob Smith :That's just because some crap settings have been put into LFSTweak, either directly, or because the presets aren't loaded/saved correctly.

I've transfered 3 tweak files and they all have understandable settings... You can actually view the setting by watching Squidhead's Head 2 Head Vol. 3 Series. Every time a tweak file is sent to me this happens... I thought you where working on something similar to tweak Bob so your one of the main reasons I even brought this up.

Quote from Falcon140 :Dang Nolan! Calm down in the back seat!

I got those Hydro's working good ehh? :P
#9 - Ian.H
Quote from BigTime :I think if you would actually take the time to read the post you would know. Try reading the first paragraph, if you can... :nut:

I did read the post, but don't assume all coders know nothing

Quote :I've transfered 3 tweak files and they all have understandable settings... You can actually view the setting by watching Squidhead's Head 2 Head Vol. 3 Series. Every time a tweak file is sent to me this happens... I thought you where working on something similar to tweak Bob so your one of the main reasons I even brought this up.

As above, Bob's proved he knows what he's doing on the apps he codes. No-one writes perfect code (at least first time around), but some (most?) coders know about testing before releasing, something that some "coders" here don't seem to have a grasp on

Regards,

Ian
Quote from Ian.H :something that some "coders" here don't seem to have a grasp on

Thus why I brought it to the boards attention.
Quote from BigTime :Thus why I brought it to the boards attention.

But the coders of any worth here know what they're doing, just because some rogue lil shit _thought_ he was a coder, doesn't go for the majority

Personally, I look to see who's coded an app, the corresponding thread discussions when released and decide from there whether it may be worth entertaining.

Problem is, seems some people want to do just about anything to get a little of the community spotlight. One reason I don't often rush away to try beta apps or try things from "unknown quantities"

That said, the thread is more suited to where it is now (add-ons), more chance of being read by wanabee hackers

Regards,

Ian
Well, it's not my business what you suggest, but in my opinion you could aswell suggest an option to remove the side mirrors because they make it harder to drive near the hatch in your macdonalds drive-in addon you're about to write.
Quote from frokki :Well, it's not my business what you suggest, but in my opinion you could aswell suggest an option to remove the side mirrors because they make it harder to drive near the hatch in your macdonalds drive-in addon you're about to write.

Thats for another tweak and time my friend but, at least we know what your wanting...

Quote from Ian.H :But the coders of any worth here know what they're doing, just because some rogue lil shit _thought_ he was a coder, doesn't go for the majority.

So therefore issues for coders of the "rogue lil shit" quality aren't entitled to constructive criticism? So basically what your saying is that unless the person is a great coder, that you could care less about taking the time to correct the ones that aren't?

Tweak Glitch
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG