Editing Drift Setups
(6 posts, started )
Editing Drift Setups
Okay so ive been playing LFS for a while but i am hopeless at mechanics and setups. But i download a lot of other peoples setups im a bit lost. Most of the setups i d/l now for the XRG are hard to control for me and im looking for more speed though when i do go fast like people do in movies ive seen here i lose control.

so is there anyone that can help me tedit some settings to my liking
The XRG is challenging to drift fast, because it is low powered.
You need to have quite a feel of mass transfers and stuff.
Because drifting isn't just smashing the acceleretor and the countersteer.

What are you playing with ?

Here's an example of what you need to know before you drift :

Techniques :
- handbrake (release the clutch, steer a bit, pull the ebrake, release the ebrake, countersteer and accelerate)
- clutch kick (when you gear is at the beggining of the powerband, keep accelerating, steer, depress the clutch and keep your acceleration, release the clutch, countersteer)
- feint (go to the right if its a left corner, then immediately steer hard to the left)
- shiftlock (steer and downshift without revmatching).
These are the four basic techniques you can use to drift. To practice i suggest you take the hardtrack setup and you inflate the rear tires to the maximum.

Start practicing with the ebrake, and clutchkick sometimes while in the drift when you feel the revs are dropping bad. Then when you can go through BL while taking good lines, you can start feinting and shiftlock. Those techniques will make you faster, because they just won't disturb your pace, thus making your drifts faster.

There are some advanced techniques and style, using only the inertia of the car (like brake drift, acceleoff (kansei), G2D2G (grip to drift to grip)) but to master them (or just even try to drift with them), you will need to feel the behavior of your car when drifting and you better have tried grip races in order to know how you can go fast and feel the mass transfers of your car.

Then, once you master this, you'll have the choice of being either a showdrifter (slow slug with too high angle), either a speed drifter (fast dude, taking perfect lines with optimal angle, and high exit speed). It depends what you wanna do. I guess speedrifter impress more girls than showdrifters
I actually find the easiest way for me to drift is brake drift. Or maybe I am thinking of the wrong thing. This is what I do for all the turns:

1. Brake before turn.
2. Just before turn, slam the accelerator.
3. Turn late into the turn.
4. The car should drift with any drift setup.
5. Countersteer
6. Just as turn ends let go of accelerator and than go (this is so the car does not spin out).

Is this brake drift? And I am not using clutch or e-brake at all.
Nope, this is power over.

It's the power excess to the rear wheels that make the right sway

Brake drift is that you brake, steer, and the mass transfer to the front will just initiate the drift
thanks alot Zen
yes i want to be a speed drifter
i guess wat im doing now is power over
but usually wen i do that my exit speed is extremely slow and the revs fall out of the powerband

Editing Drift Setups
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG