The online racing simulator

Poll : Would you like to see Istanbul Park on Live For Speed?

Yes
No
well i would LOVE to see this track.
especially T8.
but we are know its not gonna happen due to the MASSIVE license fee.
HOWEVER, all im asking is PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put that T8 in our next new track.

ohhhh. and please give us a track with like smooth surface?
Kyoto GP is fine but i personally prefer mid-slow speed corners.
but yeah the tracks in LFS are wayyy too bumpy
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM : but yeah the tracks in LFS are wayyy too bumpy

The LFS tracks need more bumps imho.
Quote from MAGGOT :The LFS tracks need more bumps imho.

Bumps don't make a great track, the LFS tracks just need better designs for driving. Elevation changes help, but even a flat track can be incredibly good if it is designed right. After a while, I find many ways a lot of the tracks can be designed better to improve the driving experience in LFS, as well as making them a whole lot more technical when pushing on the edge.

There are too many fast corners that don't take much effort in LFS, and the few corners that are slow and require precision are always the best for racing (eg Turkey's last chicane), like Fern Bay and parts of South City. If we just had tracks catered to being like the classics of LFS, but made for bigger cars, things would feel a whole lot better. Else the S2 tracks just lack character and uniqueness with 'legendary' type designs.

Simplistic corner designs, that are very basic are too common these days. Nowadays we are seeing much more radical and interesting shapes of corners that really push the way of thinking for the designer and the driver.

Though most modern tracks look very geometric and have neat designs, I'd much rather take more classic approaches to track design that are evident in a lot of earlier circuits (50s-70s).

Example: Circuit Charade (Vid), Mosport Park (Vid), Rouen (Vid), Zandvoort (Vid),Bremgarten, Dijon (Vid), Circuit Mont-Tremblant (Vid), Road Atlanta (Vid), etc. These kind of curvy tracks, built in hilly areas are always the best. Watch YouTube vids of these tracks, they are great.
I wouldnt mind Istanbul Park as a new track for LFS has some fun turns and is a rather nicely set out track.
Now I'm getting a better idea. Since the devs probably don't wanna buy those licenses they could simply make fantasy tracks with a bit of corners from every legendary track . For example T8 of Istanbul Park could be put with another famous and loved corner. xD
well why dont the devs host like a "track-design" competition?
and the devs can add the winning track to the game?
#32 - aoun
Quote from Tweaker :Bumps don't make a great track, the LFS tracks just need better designs for driving. Elevation changes help, but even a flat track can be incredibly good if it is designed right. After a while, I find many ways a lot of the tracks can be designed better to improve the driving experience in LFS, as well as making them a whole lot more technical when pushing on the edge.

There are too many fast corners that don't take much effort in LFS, and the few corners that are slow and require precision are always the best for racing (eg Turkey's last chicane), like Fern Bay and parts of South City. If we just had tracks catered to being like the classics of LFS, but made for bigger cars, things would feel a whole lot better. Else the S2 tracks just lack character and uniqueness with 'legendary' type designs.

Simplistic corner designs, that are very basic are too common these days. Nowadays we are seeing much more radical and interesting shapes of corners that really push the way of thinking for the designer and the driver.

Though most modern tracks look very geometric and have neat designs, I'd much rather take more classic approaches to track design that are evident in a lot of earlier circuits (50s-70s).

Example: Circuit Charade (Vid), Mosport Park (Vid), Rouen (Vid), Zandvoort (Vid),Bremgarten, Dijon (Vid), Circuit Mont-Tremblant (Vid), Road Atlanta (Vid), etc. These kind of curvy tracks, built in hilly areas are always the best. Watch YouTube vids of these tracks, they are great.

I Agree 100% with your whole post. It's something ive always thought about LFS.
+1
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :well why dont the devs host like a "track-design" competition?

+1
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :well why dont the devs host like a "track-design" competition?

Good idea, it is possible?

Hey, i suggested that long time ago!
And what do you thing about Pau's track (WTCC)?
Pau is a great track, but a noo for LFS cos its wrecker's heaven, aswell as being very tight and twisty and quite hard tbh.

Although it is a fantastic track.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG