The online racing simulator
Software Question
(9 posts, started )
Software Question
Hi All, just a question. I am after some software ( Calander / Planner ) software. We currently use a calander in Public folders, but it's grinding the email to a holt ( where they use it ) so was wondering if anybody knew of a networkable Calander software

Thanks in advance
Google Calendar

I hate pimping a MS product, but Outlook's calendar and appointment system works well in our office.
Aye, MS office one does what it says on the tin
Never had an issue with public folders on the various client's I've used it at - provided the exchange server has enough memory available, it should be ok Perhaps it's time to start thinking about bunging more hardware at the problem (obviously I don't know your infrastructure, so I don't know what the situation is there..)? Unless the users are at a remote site and they're accessing them using Outlook over HTTP RPC (aka Outlook Anywhere), in which case there's not much you can do about that if the office upload sucks or if their line is constantly being raped...

There aren't really any other alternatives I could happily recommend, especially if multiple users are all trying to use the same calendar. There are various replacements for Exchange as a whole but aside from a caldav server, which Outlook doesn't support natively, there's not really much for a standalone calendaring system. Exchange is kinda the defacto
I am under the impression that mozilla's offering works either way. At least I seem to remember some sort of rudimentary synchronizing some versions back that I checked it just for kicks.
#8 - TiJay
http://www.chaossoftware.com/ do some good calendar/time management software. Don't know if it's exactly what you're looking for but even if you don't use it in a business, it's useful as a personal todo list/organiser.
Hi All.

Not sure what the problem is with Public Folder Calander, but just takes a age to refresh is the user clicks on it

TAA ur right, it is more central Managment tool, for Booking in the cars customer use, so only needs to be a Calander, nothing more.

Thanks to xaotik, trying this option out at the moment, and it does seem to work across network. Just need to make sure I change the Automatic Update to 1min and not 30mins, as might get double booked

Also thanks to TiJay, download one of their products now, that looks like it might do the trick.

Best Regards
Fordie

Software Question
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG