The online racing simulator
Favorite type of racing.
(68 posts, started )
Rallying (especially ones without regular pacenotes like the Safari rally and Paris-Dakar) and stuff like Camel Trophy. For me they represent the ultimate driving sport. It's all about driving the car, relying on instinct and feel instead of focusing on a routine hotlapping around a track. The most pure form of just.. driving.
Anything. But 3 stand out from the crowd:

1- 90's BTCC
2- Bike Road Racing (Balls of Steel Factor here is big)
3- WRC
Quote from Craig WA :I prefer bike racing. I follow Moto GP and World Superbikes and sometimes catch the BSB and AMA races on TV over here.

My absolute favourite is Real Road Racing - Isle of Man TT, North West 200 etc. Those guys are the bravest on the planet bar none I think.

If you get a chance to watch some of those guys on You Tube have a look, they are awesome.

The best car racing for passing seems to be the Touring Car championships but its not as exciting as the Bikes.

Cheers
Craig

Road racing is awesome, you ever been to ones? I used to go to them all the time back home.

North West is pretty overrated though there's a lot better road races.
Everything except modern F1 and Nascar.

Rally, DTM, V8, Off road, Moto GP, VLN etc.
  • V8 Supercar
  • STCC
  • DTM
  • WTCC
  • SCCA SPEED World Challenge (GT & TC)
  • LeMans Series
  • American LeMans Series
  • FIA-GT
  • Dutch Supercar Challenge
I watch nothing that has open wheels and wings since it's probably the most boring kind of racing there ever was. If I was forced to watch anything like that it would have to be A1-GP.
DTM
BTCC
V8 supercars
NASCAR :/
LeMans Series
American LeMans Series
SCCA SPEED World Challenge (GT & TC)
lots of things/
Rally, Hillclimb, Rallysprint or somethingh like that.
My favourite forms of motorsport are always grass roots stuff. I like motorsport where there really is danger, for spectators and drivers alike.

Nothing better than having to turn and run cos someone has got it wrong and they are heading straight for the tyres 2 metres in front of you.

I like motorsport where you can wander into the paddock and any of the competitors will happily tell you what mods they've done and where to get the best burger.

I like motorsport where there are no crowds and you can puff away on the old 'Mary' and no one gives a monkeys

But most of all, these types of motorsports are best cos it is nearly always free to get in and I'm totally scint right now.
Quote from Gentlefoot :My favourite forms of motorsport are always grass roots stuff. I like motorsport where there really is danger, for spectators and drivers alike.

Well, that's just the result of a badly organized event and rather stupid too.
1. WTCC
2. Drift
3. F1
4. MotoGP
Quote from BigPeBe :Well, that's just the result of a badly organized event and rather stupid too.

So the TT is badly organised? Or the NW200? Or every WRC Rally?

Spectators are killed all the time in these events.

Was Le Mans badly organised when 77 people were killed in the 1955 event?

Motorsport is dangerous. There are signs all around all the circuits telling you this. If you choose to stand on the exit of a corner at the point of understeer you do so at your own risk.
#37 - mr_x
BTCC
WTCC
WRC
FIA GT

or basicly anything that's going apart from circle racing and F1.
Quote from Gentlefoot :So the TT is badly organised? Or the NW200? Or every WRC Rally?

Spectators are killed all the time in these events.

Was Le Mans badly organised when 77 people were killed in the 1955 event?

Motorsport is dangerous. There are signs all around all the circuits telling you this. If you choose to stand on the exit of a corner at the point of understeer you do so at your own risk.

I don't know about other countries, but at least in Finland WRC event and other rallying events are usually organized in a way that spectators can't get to really dangerous places.

Accidents can always happen but it's stupid if you are trying to get into one.
Sports cars/prototype racing. High technology, great racing and couple of epic events.
That and touring cars. Le Mans GT cars and WTCC. And DTM.
1. Banger racing
2. BTCC
3. F1

and thats it
1) MotoGP
2) Alms
3) Lms
4) Wrc
5) Wtcc
6) Irl
7) F1
1. Formula 1
2. ALMS (or anyother Le Mans series)
3. IRL
4. Australian V8s
5. SCCA
6. Stock class lawnmower racing (nothing like watching drunk men drive around a dirt circuit at 3 mph)
7. Nascar
1)D1GP
2)Formula D
3)Street Racin

I particularly like
  • BTCC
  • WTCC
  • F1
  • Rally
  • Banger Racing
|
|
|
V

And I don't like Nascar because it's... BORING and everyone drives around in CIRCLES... for EVER
Quote from JO53PHS :

And I don't like Nascar because it's... BORING and everyone drives around in CIRCLES... for EVER

correct only exciting when one of them falls off and has a massive crash...same with drag racing
Close.

Never mind the track, vehicle or spectetors. Just as lon as the racing is close with braking and turns in both directions.
rallycross! div1 and supernationals!
I like F1 but its not my favorite. Those would be:

a) Any motorcycle racing - it's just more exciting than cars sorry.
b) Touring car championships - again because of the close racing.

Nascar? hmm sorry I don't get it. Go round and round mostly in a parade until someone messes up.

Favorite type of racing.
(68 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG