The online racing simulator
South City Town
(34 posts, started )
Yeah, I guess bumps on the other tracks are mostly the kind you would notice if you were actually in the car, but not significant enough to upset the balance. I agree that South City is the only place with any significant bumps.

I think of all the tracks, Aston and KY should be smoothest, as they seem like the highest end, newest circuits. A club circuit like Westhill or Blackwood should be bumpier I think (although Blackwood has been recently repaved with the update I guess ), and Fern Bay should be MUCH bumpier IMO.
Quote from The Moose :I'll just pop out and buy one...... oh, hang on.

I don't recognise them because you can't feel them anywhere but South City.
Cars aren't affected by 'bumps' on any other track.

In netKar Pro you can feel every little flaw in the track surface, your car balance is easily upset if you take a bumpy section incorrectly.
LFS is completely smooth as silk in comparison apart from SC.

I agree, netkar feels more raw and i like.
Quote from The Moose : In netKar Pro you can feel every little flaw in the track surface

I think that is, at least from my limited experience with the FF1600, because NKP completely ignores mechanical trail and only takes the bending-rubber-generated self aligning torque as complete FF input, which also explains why it goes completely limp over a certain point of understeer. Since this torque is incredibly small in the overall picture, it has to be greatly exaggerated to get any meaningful forces, resulting in little bumps to be nicely feelable. In LFS the majority of the feedback comes from mechanical trail, which produces much bigger forces and drowns out the SAT in comparison - at least that's how I understand it.
maybe bit ot, but so isnt that hard to clutch, when u doing right. had a race on so5 with 30 laps, and the clutch wasnt a prob at all, more the walls(and that because i was bit nervous and my drivingstyle xD). @ Threadopener: Start slow and increase your speed with evry lap, that really works, just dont drive risky, but steady.
Quote from Michael Denham :
I think of all the tracks, Aston and KY should be smoothest, as they seem like the highest end, newest circuits. A club circuit like Westhill or Blackwood should be bumpier I think (although Blackwood has been recently repaved with the update I guess ), and Fern Bay should be MUCH bumpier IMO.

Completely agree. I'm guessing they're working on this for the next patch. Westhill and Fern Bay are the ones which are most in need of a severe facelift IMO, particularly the road surfaces.
Quote from jarmenia :This course is tough. Its very bumpy and it seems I can't go more than two laps without hitting the wall. Any one have any tips?

oh yeah, using the fox

I'd put money on you not braking early enough in to the turns, (or not quite hard enough or too hard and locking up), and entering the turns too fast. You have to adjust for the bumps, especially when they are on corner entry, and allow for the reduction in grip that they cause. It's just down to practice really but my main tip would be to go in to corners slower, possibly use less throttle in the corner and/or get on the throttle later.

From a set up point of view raising the ride height, (if you can hear it bottoming on the bumps), and/or softening the springs a touch might help to keep better traction over the bumps.
I wish more tracks were bumpy. One thing that I wish LFS has that most other sims have are more feel from the road. The feel I get from the car thru force-feedback is probably the best I've ever felt but I really like the way the Forumula car feels in Race07 believe it or not. I think that car in Race has the best FF/physics in an ISI game.
-
(Patrizio Folino) DELETED by Patrizio Folino : wrong topic
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I was driving a certain other sim for much of last week, and came back to LFS to practice at KY3 for my LOTA league race. It completely threw me at first how glass-flat KY is.

yeah KY is extremely smooth.
like those newly-built F1 tracks..
thats why its my favourite track. especially KY2.

Quote from March Hare :I would say the exact opposite.
We need more bumps in the tracks.

That's why I like South City tracks the most. The bumps throw the car around and the armco does not forgive mistakes.

But the sprint tracks without pits are a bit daft.

well i dunno maybe its just me but i cant stand bumpy tracks they drive me nuts..
its not like its harder to drive on. i just cant stand it for some random reason =S
I really like the bumpy track, u can get loose more light, and that highs the level. and i just like going right instead of taking the left hairpin after the hill xD

South City Town
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG