The online racing simulator
I'd rather have them grouped in car class and road type. (ex. TBOs together and fomula cars together.)
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'd argue that the order given (the order the AI finishing) isn't the same as the order that a new player should drive them though

+1 I'm pretty sure someone new to racing would find it easier to keep the FXR facing the right side compared to the LX6. it would look silly if the FXR was before LX6 in the list. So I think it's fine like this with the cars being grouped by class. And with the slower class at the begining and fastest class at the end.
At last.... a discussion :banana:

(devil's advocate)
Quote from Karoti :At last.... a discussion :banana:

(devil's advocate)

Wel, there is a discussion, but as a read it we all agree (except for you )
Quote from marzman :Wel, there is a discussion, but as a read it we all agree (except for you )

as I said... devil's advocate
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'd argue that the order given (the order the AI finishing) isn't the same as the order that a new player should drive them though

Agreed. The LX6 will post identical times as the FZ5 (when I drive anyway) on Blackwood. But I wouldn't quite tell a beginner driver that the two cars are on the same skill level
I don't think we need a new order. basically people play the demo first, and there is a introduction already - with a FWD, RWD and a formula car. So it's no matter what cars are on top of the order and we also don't know a normal person is looking on which car first. And some beginners will take the driving school, too.
Quote from khoianh94 :I don't think we need a new order. basically people play the demo first, and there is a introduction already - with a FWD, RWD and a formula car. So it's no matter what cars are on top of the order and we also don't know a normal person is looking on which car first. And some beginners will take the driving school, too.

Yeah, but being the neat freak that I am, there are a few cars I would switch - as I already stated - to at least give the menu somewhat better organization. Regardless, the LX cars simply do not belong in the top row IMO.
the order of the cars would be an issue if you had to unlock them via licenses or credits in game. but as you can drive any car you want any time you like, I really don't see a problem with howthey are ordered now.
The cars should be in alphabetical order so that if someone new is looking for a particular car they can find it without having to stumble onto it in top speed order (or whatever).

I think as time goes on we'll need a better selection method though. I have an idea I think would work, by splitting it into multiple screens and only showing the cars in the group you specified. A tiny text example for those interested

Instead of the current Cars screen you are presented with a screen showing the types of cars available with big buttons showing a picture of them racing. FWD, RWD, AWD, Open-Wheel, GTR, etc. with a description of what you can expect from racing them. A few words only. At this stage any servers not running certain types will make the buttons greyed out.
You choose which one you want and you have access to every car of that type. Small spinning renders of each model with a couple of details underneath, maybe horsepower and 0-60 or something. Servers not running cars will remove them from the screen.
You click the car you want and it zooms in and loads the Garage screen. Sorted
Yeah, I've also got some great ideas for menu systems and car selection and the like (and I'm sure everyone else does too) but that's of course something for S3...

...unfortunately

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG