* T1 - Online with netKar PRO - World Exclusive Review of nKPRO Demo
* T2 - KART Masters: Inside Se GAMES' sim
* T3 - Lienz Festival of Speed: ISI's new release unveiled
* T4 - Steve Smith's Fastest Car in GTR
* Exclusive interview with RBRO
* Aussie V8s
* All the latest on N2003, NASCAR Heat
* Racing News and Results
* Comics, columns, results and ... so much more!

Get it here.
Mhmmm, nKP looks nice
Certainly does. There are certain aspects of nKP which kick LFS in the teeth, but at the same time I suspect there will be several areas that LFS remains way ahead. Exactly what those areas are I don't yet know, but I will be buying it, and I will be giving it the most in depth review I can after playing it lots and being as fair to both sims as I can - hell I might even type it out
#4 - Fetzo
nice to read. nkpro looks great. but i don't understand why there are no lfs-league results in the magazine. it's not that lfs doesn't have (semi-)professional leagues.
Quote from Fetzo :nice to read. nkpro looks great. but i don't understand why there are no lfs-league results in the magazine. it's not that lfs doesn't have (semi-)professional leagues.

That's why: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5182
#6 - Fetzo
No, it's simply because LFS-leagues dont like the FILSCA ideas and vice versa. To put it straight: There's simply no FILSCA approved LFS-League and no LFS-League that wants or went for a FILSCA approval.
Quote from tristancliffe :There are certain aspects of nKP which kick LFS in the teeth, but at the same time I suspect there will be several areas that LFS remains way ahead. Exactly what those areas are I don't yet know...

Well, we know for sure that LFS will be WAAAAY ahead in the cars and tracks dept since nK only has three cars and four tracks - and all of the cars are RWD open wheelers. I'm sure that nK will catch up eventually though, since it's open to modding. It also appears that LFS will be way ahead in regards to the activation method since nK locks an install to a particular machine.

I'm really looking forward to nK and have been for a while now. I'm anxious to see how good the physics are and there seem to be a lot of revolutionary new things in this sim. However; until they model tin tops nK won't be able to drag me away from LFS. Especially if Scawen can fix the "low lateral grip" issue in his upcoming physics patch.
Quote from Mazz4200 :http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26287

Check out the first two vids for in car action.

Its looking, kinda special !!!

It's surely nice to finally see nKP in motion, but the vids aren't that great. You don't hear any sounds, which would've been interesting, nor do they show any finer details. If I didn't know it was nKP (and recognized "the nKP car") I would've thought it's just another rFactor mod.

What we really need is an ingame video with sound, or better yet, the demo . Bummer it won't have multiplayer, so its longlivety is somewhat questionable.
Quote from AndroidXP :Bummer it won't have multiplayer, so its longlivety is somewhat questionable.

It won't? I thought that netKar PRO focused on multiplayer, so much so that it doesn't include any AI.
Yeah, it's pretty much ONLY multiplayer...
Isn't the review in the autosimsport magazine using it online??

Keiran
The demo released at launch will have no multiplayer. And I expect proper videos to come around after launch.

I won't compare nKpro to anything else at this moment, as I don't know what has changed and how things are, and not for a lack of attention on my side. I have been following nK closely for years now, but the devs change things without big announcements and I would not be surprised if my current expectations are more than met.

The demo and opinions by trusted reviewers/friends should be enought to come to a decision on purchasing it or not.
The demo guys, the demo.

E: beaten by mere seconds
Blame the snow for me not reading it properly

Keiran
Quote from Vykos69 :No, it's simply because LFS-leagues dont like the FILSCA ideas and vice versa. To put it straight: There's simply no FILSCA approved LFS-League and no LFS-League that wants or went for a FILSCA approval.

Moving Off Topic for a second, can anyone provide some more details on this? as in Why?

Thanks.
Quote from AndroidXP :What we really need is an ingame video with sound, or better yet, the demo . Bummer it won't have multiplayer, so its longlivety is somewhat questionable.

That might just be a good thing. I can guarantee there won't be people who play the nK demo for three years without buying the whole game. With no multiplayer component, maybe people will be more willing to plunk down their money than they are with LFS. Frankly, I think the single player physics will be enough to judge whether the sim is worth buying or not.
Without multiplayer in the demo, I doubt LFS would be as big as it is now.
.....without multiplayer in the demo I can't judge how the multiplayer will be in the full version.....does not really encourage me to buy a title that is designed to be a (almost) multiplayer-only sim.....

....of course I will buy it.....as I almost buy anything that gets released illepall
Yeah no multiplayer in the demo is not a good move from my pov, my sole interest in any new sim these days is multiplayer so that is one of the major things I want to test.

As to the preview is it just me or did it almost sound like a preview for LFS? The explanation of the sound engine in particular.
I think there are a lot of similarities between the two games and their development which unfortunately makes me believe that nK Pro is still some time away.
Can only make judgements once I try the game. Articles could very well never be 100% correct information.

If the demo doesn't come with Multiplayer, that is a bad move, yeah Sarsippius. Because for ANY game to be massively popular these days, it HAS to be multiplayer, and have good multiplayer. Maybe they are shooting for a 'word-of-mouth' kind of thing for the multiplayer from people that have bought the game... but that all depends if it is good
Yeah you have to be careful not to read too much into things, especially some forum commentary. I mean a lot of people would have you believe GTR had great multiplayer so I'm not even that confident about any future word-of-mouth about the multiplayer in nK.

ASS did an interview with the lead dev last year and reading that was what made me see the similarities between the development approach of the two games. It's what gives me confidence that nK will be a good sim because the focus is in the right place as opposed to more commercial ventures.
Quote from tailing :
I think there are a lot of similarities between the two games and their development which unfortunately makes me believe that nK Pro is still some time away.

Kunos has said that nK PRO will be out by the end of Q1 this year (so, by the end of March). If he doesn't make that date I'll eat my hat. They've already demonstrated the game to the public and the beta testers have said in the nK forum that the game is ready for prime time. It will be out by the end of the month. Count on it.
Er, I thought I read in the article that nkPro will be multiplayer, and that the demo will be released when the full version is released. You download the whole thing but need a liscense to unlock it.

I'm looking forward to it. The 100% open wheel focus is a bonus in my mind, not a negative. Coupled with a track editor - even better.

:heyjoe67_

March Issue of AUTOSIMSPORT is Out!
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG