The online racing simulator
Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
0.2 something, didn't have internet access, so played a little offline (a friend gave me a copy on CD). Either late 2002 or early 2003.

Got internet access in October 2003, bought S1 in the first week. The rest, as they say, is history.
I've been around a while, but I didn't have a credit card, so I raced the demo a long time. I can proudly say that my first ever credit card payment was for LFS S1
Day one and still going strong. Think it was Mid 2002, maybe earlier. But I don't visit the forums as often. Mainly due to the lack of news/updates.

Rob
#104 - thd
If you joined mid 02 or earlier you would be staring at your desktop wallpaper for a couple of months before you got to play

I first drove september 02. Haven't driven lfs since the release of s2 alpha. Read the forums regularly. Will be back when the time is right
Quote from 96 GTS :I've been around a while, but I didn't have a credit card, so I raced the demo a long time. I can proudly say that my first ever credit card payment was for LFS S1

I can go one better and say the reason i got my credit card was to pay for LFS! lol!
august 2002..
I started demo around Jan 2004, got S1 around March 2004
I tried LFS for the first time in the end of summer 2002 IIRC (or autumn, whatever). I haven't really been seriously interested in any other sim after that.

<--
Somewhere 2003,
After i read a report on LFS in an online game magazine
Decided to give it a go and never left LFS after that

Altough I don't have much online time lately, I'll give the forum a daily peek.
There are lots of posts that are worthwile, imo
Or just to have a laugh, like this one:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5449

I'll hang on for a long time to come....
I guess I'm an oldie Got the S1 demo in 2003 and coughed up the cash for it pretty soon after. I had been running GPL exclusively for about a year and was really getting into online racing, and when some mates were talking about LFS I got interested. Got my S2 license straight away and haven't looked back - except when those b4stard SCR or Pacifica blokes are about to blitz me I don't scratch race much in LFS these days (GPL '69 league) but I've finally joined a team - after 3 years

LFS and GPL are the only sims I put any serious time into, even after all this time. They're the most fun, despite their well-known bugs, and the most rewarding when it comes to either hotlapping or online racing. Haven't raced AI in either game for ages. I still wheel netKar out occasionally (Mini Cooper at the Ring - woot!) but I'm waiting for nKPro. I'd hit rF harder too, but my gfx card skitzes when I load it up - good excuse for an upgrade!
i think it was summer 02, but im not realy sure
but the 0.04k version was new at that time
I think it was the steaming hot summer of 2002 when I played LFS first time ever.. Can't remember 'cos it happened a long time ago. Still waiting for S999999

Did you join LFS before 2004?
(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG