The online racing simulator
Internet!!!!
(6 posts, started )
Internet!!!!
Ok guys! I have a problem!!! My internet just about always works for a few minutes. Then it just boots me off everything im doing! here are my stats/things i have done

For our network's Router it is an Actiontec (model #GT704-WG) 54mbps wireless. I'm using a Netgear WG111v2 wireless adapter for my computer. My adapter is only about 10 feet away from the router. When the internet and everything else on the internet (including LFS and Ventrilo) boots me off. It still says i have about the normal amount of signal from the router (72-76%). I have also tried puting a fan on high near it and still no luck. Please people!! What's wrong?!?! I hope i have told you enough info!!

~cobra
Any help?
#3 - TiJay
Call your ISP if the router stays on whilst the net goes off. However if the router is randomly rebooting, replace it.
is the Netgear WG111v2 getting too hot? i know my one used to and caused problems, Thats why i always use ethernet.

Have you tested with an ethernet cable instead of using the wireless?
Have you tried the Netgear WG111v2 in a different USB port?
If you plug the modem straight into the PC do you still get booted off?
If its happening every few minutes, can you transfer a large file from one PC to another on your network without interuption?

thats the sort of things i would be checking first as you should be able to find out whats causing the problems with those tests. If nothing conclusive comes from those tests then call your ISP. but if its your ISP then the router functions for internal transfers etc should still work fine.
wow! thanks! I'm gonna try some of these later today!
The word "wireless" could be a big clue

Internet!!!!
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG