The online racing simulator
hahahahahah, wow this "internet" thing really is amazing!!!!!
Quote from Shotglass :except that all you are is a mediocre karter and i am a rather quite good at engineering... youll accomplish nothing of value in life and im halfway to there to make some useful contributions to my field of science
dont even try to pull that sort of crap on me... especially not if youre unable to do it without double posting making you look like more of a chump than you already are

the fact is that you, or none of you know who i am, you dont know what i do, you dont know how good i am at racing. and that isnt my life ambition.thisnameistaken, you just resort to name calling 'stupid' etc rather than listening to points. Where have i shown that im 'stupid'? I agree with nihil's post now ive read it, showing i am open to LISTENING to ideas. 99% of the people on this forum would and DO carry on arguing blindly when a good point has been made, on either side of the 'argument'

The fact is that most people arguing with me now have openly admitted in the 'wasted their life' thread that all they do is sit on the computer all day and waste their time. what would u post about if there were no arguments? get a life.

And shotglass, unlike you I havnt wasted my life on forums. I am unaware of how to post 2 quotes in 1 message, in what way does this make me a 'chump'? you have played a racing game for MANY hours and u are still crap, does that make you a 'chump'? no.

Hyperactive, im sure that natural selection used to pick who lives and who doesnt nowdays that simply isnt the case.
Quote from Tweaker :hahahahahah, wow this "internet" thing really is amazing!!!!!

I think if we stick around we will see the new version of flame war.

Anyway. In regards to the OP. It seems obvious to me that no one is the same. We all have had different life experience, and we all have different genetics.

However. I feel that in order to truely succeed in something, you need to have total belief and commitment in your own abilities. In my case, most of the times I have failed at things, I never really believed that anything other than failure would happen. Vice versa, when I have succeeded, it was because I believed I could.

In terms of "talent"; I don't think this can be measured, although I do believe some people find things easier initially than others. I think you will find though, that most top F1 drivers could have succeeded (reached the top level) in any sport or competition, even something like tennis, or even snooker which is completely different to F1. This is simply due to their drive and relentless belief in their own abilities. I honestly think that most people have enough talent to get very far, they just don't have the mental drive it takes.

Edit: Whether this mental drive / spirit can be regarded as something you are born with, or a trait which has been introduced into yourself through whatever life experiences you've had, remains unknown.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :The fact is that most people arguing with me now have openly admitted in the 'wasted their life' thread that all they do is sit on the computer all day and waste their time.

I think maybe you missed the point of that discussion, maybe because it's not relevant to you. I don't think admitting I have faults makes me a "loser". I'm just aware that I'm not doing what I ought to be doing, and I'm frustrated about it, and I'm trying to figure out what the problem is and what to do about it. If you don't have any disappointments in your life then no doubt 99% of the people you meet are insanely jealous of you.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :the fact is that you, or none of you know who i am, you dont know what i do, you dont know how good i am at racing.

i cant remember ever having a prolonged conversation with you in which you could have any chance to get to know me so right back at ya
also im not the one who thinks winning a rental kart race against a group who has much less karting experience than you is something to gloat about in your signature... and that speaks volumes about how good a driver you are

Quote :and that isnt my life ambition.

i seem to remember either you or your significant other (either way it doesnt matter since you agreed on it) posting that if you put education before racing it shows you dont really desire to be a racer stongly implying that both of you didnt... in other words the above quoted is either a lie or youre just really really stupid

Quote :The fact is that most people arguing with me now have openly admitted in the 'wasted their life' thread that all they do is sit on the computer all day and waste their time.

this forum is one of the main methods for me to teach myself how to write in english so not everything that i precieve as a waste of time is nothing else

Quote :I am unaware of how to post 2 quotes in 1 message, in what way does this make me a 'chump'?

in the same way that it took me exactly 10 seconds (yes i do keep a stopwatch next to the pc and keep the results in a database i coded myself because i use knowing how much faster than you chumps i am at figuring out how to use technology to measure my worth as a human being) to work out how to multiquote

Quote :you have played a racing game for MANY hours and u are still crap, does that make you a 'chump'? no.

you are crap enough to resort to winning races in a online simulator where ultimately it means jack shit if you win or lose by blatantly cutting corners so what exactly is your point?
Hmm, seems my attempt to bring the thread back on topic has failed.
In car motorsport your talent as a salesman is more valuable than your driver talent. Unless you have a rich parent you need serious sponsors to afford the seat time to be competitive. Car based motorsport isn't designed to reward driving talent, never has been really. It's such an expensive thing to do. What is rewarded is the amount of seat time a driver can put in. At £1k a day just to go and test with a Formula Ford team.... it isn't like tennis where you can buy a racket, join a club, and practise everyday.

It is the reason why we see so many mediocre drivers reach classes like F3, GP2, and even F1. They are just GREAT salesman!!!!
Quote from DaveWS :Hmm, seems my attempt to bring the thread back on topic has failed.

Aye, give up Dave, go back to what you are talented at, racing, bloody talented bastard.....meh
your very 1st point, fair enough. but where in my signature does it say i have won any rental kart races? Even if it did, why would that matter to this particular thread?of course I would love to be a racer, but I realise I do not have the money available to 'make it' and that my chances of being a professional driver are slim to none. Once again, where do my ambitions matter in this thread, which has now become about human evolution?

you are resorting to personal insults and put downs.

my point regarding the double posting is, that just because we cant do something does not make us 'chumps.' I dont find the need to call people chumps because they are unable to operate something as well as me, so where's yours?

Are you a 'chump' because there are people out there who can probably talk English better than you? of course not, you havnt learned the language. I havn't learned the language of HTML to make more than 1 quote, and I have no desire to.Intelligence and knowledge are 2 different things
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :why would that matter to this particular thread?

why would any of the tangents you went off on matter?

Quote :Once again, where do my ambitions matter in this thread, which has now become about human evolution?

you were the one who dragged the topic in that direction by misquoting one of my posts about ambitions

Quote :you are resorting to personal insults and put downs.

funny i seem to remember not being the one calling others a waste of space out of the blue

Quote :I dont find the need to call people chumps because they are unable to operate something as well as me, so where's yours?

chump waste of space tit for tat... and either way your attitude is more than enough reason to call you a plethora of names

Quote :of course not, you havnt learned the language. I havn't learned the language of HTML to make more than 1 quote, and I have no desire to.

1) its not html
2) says a lot about the abilities of someone with more than 1000 posts

Quote :Intelligence and knowledge are 2 different things

all the many truely intelligent people ive met in my life had an unstoppable desire to learn about anything they come in contact with so yes intelleigence and knowledge have everything to do with each other... the other way round isnt alway true though
it seems to me that you were the one who started this thread off on a tangent, when you suggested i should make a difference and throw myself of a bridge to test my immune system.

until that point it was a sensible discussion, with some radical views i must admit.

I cant be bothered to speak to someone who will not listen to or accept people's views, brings up totally irrelevant points (such as the content of my signature and the fact I cant put 2 quotes in one post) and obviously has something against me, your 1st post in this thread saying I should jump off a bridge.

I sure do hope to meet you in real life one day, and I'm willing to be you wouldn't be so mouthy then.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :I sure do hope to meet you in real life one day, and I'm willing to be you wouldn't be so mouthy then.

if you would be able to put a cheque in the mail it just might happen... and no im not usually that mouthy but if i have a crowd that im comfortable around with and that is able to thow some good points back at me (ie not you) youd be gobsmacked how much more loud and obnoxious than what youve seen so far i can be
#64 - JJ72
Quote from LiveForBoobs :just like Einstein failed Mathematics the first years? And those chessmaters that have below average IQ? -_- "99% is hard work 1% is talent","Genius (legends whatever) are made, not born". I wouldnt say only 1% is talent, but you get the point.

Some genius has selective talents, like they are good at one thing but below par in another, but if a race driver don't have talent in driving itself, I dunno how could he succeed. As for that quote, I don't believe in that.
Quote from Shotglass :if you would be able to put a cheque in the mail it just might happen... and no im not usually that mouthy but if i have a crowd that im comfortable around with and that is able to thow some good points back at me (ie not you) youd be gobsmacked how much more loud and obnoxious than what youve seen so far i can be

you sound like a twat then
I'm not going to comment on the poverty in the world debate, I skim read a lot of this thread. Instead i'm going to post on the original subject which I know is a strange concept on any internet forum.

Quote :Anyway, main point of this topic is to ask you, do you give a special status to these F1 legends and that its impossible to be at their level or do you believe that one day, with a lot of hard work, dedication and determination to improve yourself, reach their level?

I have raced 2 F1 drivers, and indirectly raced an ex world champion. The first is still in F1 and the tale has already been told here before - 6 races, beat him in 5 and the other I was leading when the exhaust broke. The other F1 driver I raced beat me fair and square after a frenetic battle for the lead with the last pass 2 laps from the end. The third was a lap record which I broke, admittedly after several attempts.

I have tremendous respect for the skill of Perry and Damon, but very little for Jenson - it's the fact that Jenson tries to play the poverty card of how he suceeded despite not having the funds, when really that isnt true.

I raced because I loved racing, but the chasis I beat him on was bent, my one then didnt even have all 4 wheels pointing the same way! Sure he didnt have the biggest trailer in the pit lane but even then there was never any doubt he was going to get to F1. He had the backing.

Getting to the top of the motor sports ladder requires some talent and an aweful lot of money, it's money which drives the sport. The drivers are not immortal legends, they're fallable, and sure they are amongst the best but if you can win a race then you can win a race and it doesnt matter who you are against.

I won the first race I ever entered and I won my first championship, but I didnt go chasing commercial backing because as much as I loved the sport I knew that there was no place for me at the top of it. As such I never went up the formulas. I dont regret not doing so because I enjoyed the racing I did, but i'll say to anyone who wants to suceed in motor sports that you can do it if you have the commercial sense to pull it off.

I can name lots of drivers who are fast, but only one driver I raced 'back in the day' got to F1, and he was the guy with the fat wallet.

If you held a race of F1 drivers versus forum members here, you'd be suprised at the results.
Quote from Becky Rose :If you held a race of F1 drivers versus forum members here, you'd be suprised at the results.

And quite amused about the amount of ballast the F1 drivers would have to take on-board.
#68 - halo
Quote from Becky Rose :
I can name lots of drivers who are fast, but only one driver I raced 'back in the day' got to F1, and he was the guy with the fat wallet.

If you held a race of F1 drivers versus forum members here, you'd be suprised at the results.

Thats what I think.
Quote from xaotik :And quite amused about the amount of ballast the F1 drivers would have to take on-board.

lolz, yeah, titchy little blighters. Add one more requirement to the money thing then: You must be the size of a peanut with more neck muscles than Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not going to comment on the poverty in the world debate, I skim read a lot of this thread. Instead i'm going to post on the original subject which I know is a strange concept on any internet forum.

I have raced 2 F1 drivers, and indirectly raced an ex world champion. The first is still in F1 and the tale has already been told here before - 6 races, beat him in 5 and the other I was leading when the exhaust broke. The other F1 driver I raced beat me fair and square after a frenetic battle for the lead with the last pass 2 laps from the end. The third was a lap record which I broke, admittedly after several attempts.

I have tremendous respect for the skill of Perry and Damon, but very little for Jenson - it's the fact that Jenson tries to play the poverty card of how he suceeded despite not having the funds, when really that isnt true.

I raced because I loved racing, but the chasis I beat him on was bent, my one then didnt even have all 4 wheels pointing the same way! Sure he didnt have the biggest trailer in the pit lane but even then there was never any doubt he was going to get to F1. He had the backing.

Getting to the top of the motor sports ladder requires some talent and an aweful lot of money, it's money which drives the sport. The drivers are not immortal legends, they're fallable, and sure they are amongst the best but if you can win a race then you can win a race and it doesnt matter who you are against.

I won the first race I ever entered and I won my first championship, but I didnt go chasing commercial backing because as much as I loved the sport I knew that there was no place for me at the top of it. As such I never went up the formulas. I dont regret not doing so because I enjoyed the racing I did, but i'll say to anyone who wants to suceed in motor sports that you can do it if you have the commercial sense to pull it off.

What championship did you win in your first year Becky? And what class was it that you beat these F1 drivers? And which F1 drivers?
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :you sound like a twat then

is that really the best retort you could come up with in half a day? and being the interweb you cant even blame it on esprit d escalier
Quote from Shotglass :being the interweb you cant even blame it on esprit d escalier

That's the main reason I love the internet so.
Quote from Shotglass :is that really the best retort you could come up with in half a day? and being the interweb you cant even blame it on esprit d escalier

No, I don't need to think up with any 'comeback' because i have given reasoned argument, you choose to ignore my points you cant disagree with in your 'examinations' of my posts, such as "it seems to me you started this thread off on a tangent by suggesting i should throw myself off a bridge."

I don't need to come up with anything more accurate than, you sound like a twat because:
"youd be gobsmacked how much more loud and obnoxious than what youve seen so far i can be" that very much sounds like a twat to me.

I meet a few twats in life, and you are certainly one of them. Look forward to meeting you at the LFS event m8.

Becky raced Perry and Damon.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :I meet a few twats in life, and you are certaintly one of them. Look forward to meeting you at the LFS event m8.

Oh great, so we've got a punch-up organised now have we?

Grow up ffs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG