The online racing simulator
South City Town
(34 posts, started )
South City Town
This course is tough. Its very bumpy and it seems I can't go more than two laps without hitting the wall. Any one have any tips?

oh yeah, using the fox
Consistancy is a greater attribute of a racer than WRs, imo. Just slow it down for a few laps until you get the hang of it, then speed it up a little at a time.

Oh, and press 4.
Practice? Its meant to be bumpy, after all, the track is in the UK .

Just keep on practicing and dont push to hard. Eventually you will get it.
Slow in, keep turning, only nail the throttle once you're absolutely sure you won't go wide.
It takes some time to learn the perfect (or nearly that is) driving line, especially on track like SO. Get a good setup. And what I did when I started racing on CTRA, I spectated fast drivers and looked up for braking points and other stuff, like accelerator usage etc. on parts what were hard for me. Then I tried and it didn't really get that long to get my first podium and eventually my first win too. Being a safe driver and able to do many laps in row identically and without mistakes is important when racing in SO, happens quite often that who you are chasing does a mistake, after watching you on the rear view mirror for a while. And as said already, making a good hotlap isn't that important when racing, hotlaps are those laps what usually makes you drive to the guard rail. At least for me.
Don't try to be fast. Try to be smooth.
most of the tracks in LFS are too bumpy =S
#8 - Chaos
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :most of the tracks in LFS are too bumpy =S

i guess you haven't been to some small/local racetracks
And south city tracks damage your clutch badly. Just like rally tracks.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :And south city tracks damage your clutch badly. Just like rally tracks.

I guess it's usually the driver damaging the clutch...

And on the topic. There are some tricky bumps in south city. After you learn them the track is not so different. It's true that the walls tend to rearrange your cambers if you go off but you wouldn't want to go off on any other track either.
i agree
this track is really tough seeing as i played it at my friends place many times..
oh and if u didnt noe the walls in south city are magnetic
Quote from buusap :i agree
this track is really tough seeing as i played it at my friends place many times..
oh and if u didnt noe the walls in south city are magnetic

Friend's license? Or cr..ed?
license
he has a job and im not allowed to use my bank acc.
its only $40 but im getting a job soon my interview is on monday den i will have my s2 license

and another thing i hate cracking games it makes me feel really guilty
Well, then it's OK.

When I get my license soon, I will see if SO is a clutch killer or not...

I would say the exact opposite.
We need more bumps in the tracks.

That's why I like South City tracks the most. The bumps throw the car around and the armco does not forgive mistakes.

But the sprint tracks without pits are a bit daft.
Quote from khoianh94 :Well, then it's OK.

When I get my license soon, I will see if SO is a clutch killer or not...

<offtopic>
And already on CTRA-server. That's the spirit!
(He participated to S2 Voucher Competition)
</offtopic>
OT: I sometimes wonder if South City is really modeled on a English town. There's no pot-holes, incomplete road works or speed cameras.

And yes, more bumpy tracks!

Back OT. I have nothing really to add that hasn't already been said. Take it slowly and carefully and gradually increase speed. When you become aware of where all the bumps are, go for it! Practice practice practice . . . and so on.

Like where? South city is the only place with bumps.
It's my major gripe with LFS...everywhere is smooth as glass.
Quote from The Moose :Like where? South city is the only place with bumps.

Agreed.
Oh, there are minor bumps here and there, but nothing compared to South City. When you change your driving line because of overtaking or avoiding a collision, be prepared: You have no idea what kind of bump is coming into your path if you haven't practiced the track "full-wide".
My (lack of) consitency is always what gets me at SO. On the CTRA servers, my XFG always ends up with a pointed front from smacking the barriers.
Quote from The Moose :Like where? South city is the only place with bumps.

not true, there are bumps on most tracks, but you don't recognize them... try the tracks in the Force Dynamics 301 and you will be surprised how bumpy the tracks are...
Quote from Chaos :try the tracks in the Force Dynamics 301 and you will be surprised how bumpy the tracks are...

I'll just pop out and buy one...... oh, hang on.

I don't recognise them because you can't feel them anywhere but South City.
Cars aren't affected by 'bumps' on any other track.

In netKar Pro you can feel every little flaw in the track surface, your car balance is easily upset if you take a bumpy section incorrectly.
LFS is completely smooth as silk in comparison apart from SC.
I was driving a certain other sim for much of last week, and came back to LFS to practice at KY3 for my LOTA league race. It completely threw me at first how glass-flat KY is.

South City Town
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG