Fuel warning
(5 posts, started )
Fuel warning
This is a rather obvious one, so hit me over the head if it's come up on RSC...

In GeneRally (the actual ultimate racing sim ) a fuel warning comes on when you only have enough fuel for your current lap, so you know that you have to pit at the end of that lap, or you'll run out of fuel in the next one.

I know most racing cars wont have a fuel warning light (or maybe they do) but there will always be a friendly teammate over the radio to inform you, something we don't have in LFS.
In the GTR/Formula cars then this is okay. But in the road cars, which are unlikely to have pit-car radios, pit boards, or other nice stuff (cheap club racing - the majority don't have these) then the standard fuel gauge should be enough.

Also, look in F12 each time you cross the line - if the fuel in car is less than double the fuel per lap, then you must pit at the end of the next lap.
I know F12 is enough, but I think a fuel warning would be better. It would allow people to focus on driving in stead of the F12 menu.

And in principle I agree that the standard fuel meter would suffice in road cars, but how realistic are ("cheap club") races with pitstops for standard road-going cars?
IIRC, isn't a little red light supposed to come on in a road car when you're low on fuel? It's not exactly calibrated to anything, but it's a nice warning.
on some new cars they have these "message box" things that.. say all sorts of things (ei: low washer fluid, low oil, low gas.. etc.)

Fuel warning
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG