The online racing simulator
New server for new class - UF/XF EasyR (UF-ER/XF-ER) - (24/7)
Hello,

Server: [url=lfs://|SBB+%26+Serbian+Racing+Team+4|0|S2|/]SBB & Serbian Racing Team 4[/url]

#1 Combo Date: 15. APR. - 29. APR. 2008.

#1 Combo: South City Chicane Route Rev. + UF/XF EasyR (UF-ER/XF-ER)

Race: 5 laps

Restriction: 30% Intake Restriction!

Garage> Info> Handicaps>

Cya on track!

GO GO GO UF-ER/XF-ER!
Nothing in person against the idea (I like it), but I would really appreciate it when the server owners would agree on creating general restriction classes instead of anyone naming it the same and setting the restriction different...

example:
same class name: http://www.raceauthority.com/gt2_fjr.asp ctra uf-br has intake restriction of 45%...
Quote from three_jump :Nothing in person against the idea (I like it), but I would really appreciate it when the server owners would agree on creating general restriction classes instead of anyone naming it the same and setting the restriction different...

example:
same class name: http://www.raceauthority.com/gt2_fjr.asp ctra uf-br has intake restriction of 45%...

I agree - AFAIK the Baby-R Idea came from the actual leage that was run, that used 45% restriction. Creating a new class called Baby-R with less restriction isn't really the same.
OK, new name for this class is EasyR.

In the EasyR class, the amount of restriction is not important, what matters is, that there IS a restriction (intake restriction!).
Now is 30%.

UF EasyR - UF-ER
XF EasyR - XF-ER

Moderators, pls edit thread title.

"New server for new class - UF/ ... yR (UF-ER/XF-ER) - (24/7)"

EDIT: thx vicc.

RGDS
Its kinda been done. Myself and J@tko created the XF-JuniorR at the start of this year, it was created as a competitor to the UF-BR in the LFS Beginner's cup.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=654711#post654711

The restriction is 43%, but it isn't quite perfect yet. The XF-JR is about 2 seconds a lap faster than the UF-BR

And FYI, concept racing own the 'Baby-R' name
Quote from JO53PHS :

And FYI, concept racing own the 'Baby-R' name

Haven't you read that he changed the name to "EasyR" ?
His intention wasn't to nick the name, just to host a server with the restricted XFR/UFR...
Chill out man! I was just saying.

Since you called it UF-BR/XF-JR to start with, I thought you were making a competitor to the UF-BR which has already been done
Results (SO6R):

!top UFR:

!top XFR:

Next combo...

Server: [url=lfs://|SBB+%26+Serbian+Racing+Team+4|0|S2|/]SBB & Serbian Racing Team 4[/url]

#2 Combo Date: 29. APR. - 13. MAY. 2008.

#2 Combo: Aston Club + UF/XF EasyR (UF-ER/XF-ER)

Garage> Info> Handicaps>

Cya on track!

GO GO GO UF-ER/XF-ER!
#9 - Dru
Hi there,

Easy-R

Might be good - the problem is getting the balance between the 2 different classes - and take it as a rule that you need to do quite a few different tracks to get it right... also except that you will not get it right on every track

however, as long as you have plenty of racers in both classes - then the racing (as a whole) will always be great

Best Of Luck

Dru
Results (AS2):

!top UFR:

!top XFR:

Next combo...

Server: [url="lfs://%7CSBB+%26+Serbian+Racing+Team+4%7C0%7CS2%7C/"]SBB & Serbian Racing Team 4[/url]

#3 Combo Date: 13. MAY. - 27. MAY. 2008.

#3 Combo: Aston Cadet Rev. + UF/XF EasyR (UF-ER/XF-ER)

Garage> Info> Handicaps>

Cya on track!

GO GO GO UF-ER/XF-ER!
#12 - Dru
interesting results

But can you see where the problem is going to be?

The balancing is al wrong for this track.

The 15 XF drivers are all between 1.11.85-1.12.50

You've you look at the UF times the top 10 are 1.12.17 - 1.13.43

in fact only 4 UF drivers are quicker than the slowest XF driver mentioned here.

The race will only compound the problem as the XF will be able to get each others draft much easier at AS2 and pull away - the UF's won't get any draft at all and certainly will not be able t pass I think...

Have you considered 'live' restrictions where the restrictions change per race track - I.E you have to add a bit more restriction and/or ballest to the XF cars - otherwise this will be one dominating round for the XF?

I know of course that there will be track which favour the UF - like the FE or maybe shorter SO tracks but are you looking to have an equal number of friendly tracks for each car - or are you trying to get EACH race a competative mix of UF and XF?

Cheers,

Dru

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG