The online racing simulator
Strange Resolution Problems.
(21 posts, started )
Hey guys,

Well, today i was playing LFS when my computer crashed, i donno why, but when i turned it back on, the res was small. So i went into properties>settings and turned the res up, but to my amazment, it now allows me to go up to 2048*1536. Before it crashed it would only allow me to go to 1280*1024, i have a 19" non widescreen monitor, i've set the res to 1600*1200 which seems to be fine, but everything is pretty damn small.

I don't really think its a problem, but id like to know why this has happened.

Thanks Michael
#2 - Jakg
Is your monitor a CRT or a TFT?
TFT 19" samsung syncmaster 940n
#4 - Jakg
Only run a TFT at it's native resolution - that way you'll get the best image quality.
it turns lfs crashed my comp i got it booted up once and iwent into lfs and it crashed again now the xp logo will load but then it goes black i can boot in safe mode tho help me jack!
Keep wacking F8 at startup, "Boot into VGA Mode"

This will boot your computer normally but at 640x480 resolution, you can then change it to 1280x1024
k trying now i really hope it works
ok it booted, but i have funny purple lines on the screen? wth! if this is the graphics card im going to me than extrmely pissed off.

do you want a pic of it?
ok now im very pissed.

I can't change my res, it's stuck on 640*480 and 4 bit colour quality
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy
omfg.... thats 2 graphics cards in 2 months on 2 differant computer but it coinsidently happend when i was playing LFS both times!!

my level of pissed-off-ness has gone beyond anything i thought humanily possible
#11 - Jakg
First things first - remove all the drivers. All of them. Reboot. Then install the latest WHQL nVidia drivers, reboot.
jack i know your a busy lad, but im not super computer savy, and don't exactly know the process of unistalling the drivers ect.
care to add me to msn and walk me through it?
[email protected]
#13 - Jakg
Can't get on MSN atm.

What operating system do you have? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
XP 32bit

Manufacturer: GBT___

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Hard Drive: 350 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 940n 19

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Speakers/Headphones: Logitech headset, 2.1 channel super power S3-001 speakers and LG stereo

Keyboard: USB Root Hub

Mouse: USB Root Hub

Mouse Surface: Optical

Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
#15 - Jakg
Download This>Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs>Double Click on "nVidia Drivers">Next, Next, Next etc>Restart>Install The Drivers (Double click on the file you downloaded, then just click next etc)>Restart.

If it's still borked, and the monitor is plugged in right, chances are the card is buggered.
mums cracked the shits with me cos its a pretty new card, ill upload some pics
ok, drivers unistalled, it booted fine :S but the pink lines are still there

Heres a pic, downloading what jack told me to now
Attached images
000_0007.JPG
If the pink lines are visible on your monitor, but not for us on a print screen, your monitor is broken instead of your gfx card.
well, i turned it on today, and it was fine :S maybe it just has a cold or needed to sleep?
Quote from mickyc30 :well, i turned it on today, and it was fine :S maybe it just has a cold or needed to sleep?

Lmfao.

Could of just been a dodgy connection somewhere that sorted itself out, these thing's happen sometime's
could be overheating issue as well

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG