The online racing simulator
analyzing telemetry
(7 posts, started )
analyzing telemetry
hi,

i did not find anything about that in the improvement suggestion, if i didn't search deep enough and it's still suggested, sorry for double-posting

atm in my mind, the way to analyze telemtry-data in lfs is a way to long to really practically use it, especially in online-races. what i mean: (if i'm right) atm the only way to extract telemtry-data from lfs is while watching a single-player-replay and enabling the telemetry-output for the forthcoming lap. so you can definitly not using telemetry-infos while being online on a server. so my suggestion is to shorten the way of producing *.raf-files in lfs. some way like: you can enable telemetry-output when being on servers and then every driven lap is automatically written out in a *.raf (perhaps the format is able to handle more then one lap, i dont know). so you can directly use tools to analyze the driven laps.
atm something like this would only be possible in single-player and that's in my eyes interupting the "online-simulator"-approach a bit.

this is an idea, i have in mind a long time. i played in earlier days a lot of EA's F1 challenge and the path of using telemetry-data to analyze and improve setups was incredible short and efficient.
but it's just an idea
Sounds like a feasible and very handy feature.
Indeed. Often times I'm stuck hotlapping offline when developing a setup rather than online with my teammates, so it gets kinda lonely. :P

If I could get telemetry output on the fly while online, I think my miles driven would be about double or triple what it is now.
+1 as long as you can switch the auto-save off. Don't want to have 10^6 .raf-files which I don't need.
perhaps something like the recording of the single-player-replay would be good, so it's session-based and the raf-file can be overriden if you return to track.
+1

The learning cycle (drive -> get telemetry -> analyse -> tweak setup -> drive) is far too long now. Generating RAF files on-the-fly would be a huge improvement.

A RAF file can only hold a single lap, but that isn't a problem: you could create multiple files, with an automatically generated filename (e.g. <server name><datetime of race start><lap number><laptime>.raf)
+1

This is a great one, I found the other day that I couldn't use .mprs to get the the raf file which was somewhat upsetting. Your idea sounds much better because you can see where you gain and lose time on the track over many laps rather than just one, which may have been a good or bad lap and takes a lot of time...

analyzing telemetry
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG