The online racing simulator
LFS RAF Setting Ripper
(19 posts, started )
LFS RAF Setting Ripper
dont know if theres any use for it but...yea

rip parts of setup from raf files off hotlaps from lfsworld...
written according to http://www.lfs.net/?page=RAF
written with vc++ 6 compiled for windows

source included to show how poorly written this program is =p
tested this against hotlaps from lfsworld + setups from http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/

USAGE
raf files can be extracted from replays...
start the replay
press esc..choose output lap data...type file name in
let the replay run a lap...it will show OUTPUT FINISHED
find the file in \data\raf
put raf file in same dir as exe and...yea

NOTE
doesnt have caster/camber/toe settings...
doesnt seem to be documented in the raf file structure so unless i can calulate it from DYNAMIC WHEEL INFO then its not there or hidden...

*EDIT* if its not ok to post this here please remove it mods...thx
Attached images
a.JPG
Attached files
LFSRAF_Settings_Ripper.rar - 99.1 KB - 1251 views
I wonder why there isn't an option to view HL replay setups ingame.. o.O
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I wonder why there isn't an option to view HL replay setups ingame.. o.O

exact reason why i made this
especially when you can test their car with the settings while you are watching the replay....

btw thx for replying to my first post in this forum =D
ive been reading around for a long long time but never had anything smart to say
I think it's OK, if it's not it should be - a lot of info is in the RAF and it's just extracting stuff that could be done by a human
Quote from AzN_devil :*EDIT* dont know if its ok to post this here..so im gonna remove it for now

It's OK to post. In my replay analyser you can also view this data (see screenie). One person thought it was illegal to show setup data, but changed his mind after he saw it was documented on the LFS site.
ok thx for the info =) just wondering if anyone would have a use for it though lol
-
(timurrrr) DELETED by timurrrr
-
(timurrrr) DELETED by timurrrr
I've re-written the code a little bit.
a) now it doesn't swap front and rear suspension values
b) now it supports drag-n-drop of RAF files - you just need to drag a RAF file onto the .exe file and here we go!
c) it RIPs brake balance
d) all values are now named as-in-LFS and have the same units

Also you may notice a slight increase of the code readability

UPD fixed tire types, some offset bug was there before
UPD front-rear order now ok for all cars. RAF format is something messy in wheel order aspect %)
Attached files
RafRipper.zip - 82.1 KB - 732 views
It doesn't work . Says the file doesn't exist and the new version gives me an error
Hmm ain't that a bit lousy to steal someone's setup from a spr??
Well, there are 2 sides to it really.

1) The person who did the hotlap worked hard on a set and deserves to have his set kept private to himself.

2) As a result of the other perspective, it could be stated that the person who set the WR feels insecure about his driving ability which is why he wouldn't share it.

Personally, I'm more biased towards the second option. I mean, first of all, its a nice thing to share setups and second of all, if someone is so proud of their WR then why not prove that they're the only ones who can do it, even if another person has the exact same setup, resulting in a crazy complex for those who are trying to beat it
This debate is moot as setup information is now included in the official LFSWorld Hotlap Analyser.
Quote from Leprekaun :It doesn't work . Says the file doesn't exist and the new version gives me an error

Please give a more complete description of the error - what exactly you did, locations of the executable and the .raf file. Do these paths contain spaces (works with my Vista but it is said to fail on XP somewhy) ?
Does it work without drag'n'dropping as the old version did? Have you got .NET Framework 2.0 installed on your computer?
Does it crash for only one specific .raf file? If so, please post it here
hi there, great tool but a quick question if I may..

Is this information included in mpr replays too? If so, would it be possible to "check" the settings that cars are using from there?

Could be very useful for an uncoming league.
RAF info sadly isn't in the MPRs - it's hotlap type feature.
Balls , ok thanks.
Mine won't work either. I'm running XP SP2 so that'll probably be why.
Attached images
rafrippererror.jpg
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
Thank you very much for your feedback, I've fixed it - try downloading the new version (attached to the same post)

The problem is M$ - somewhy they changed their C++ compiler in the way that made even a simplest "Hello, world" app require VC8 runtime libraries (but only developers usually have installed)
Quote from timurrrr :Thank you very much for your feedback, I've fixed it - try downloading the new version (attached to the same post)

The problem is M$ - somewhy they changed their C++ compiler in the way that made even a simplest "Hello, world" app require VC8 runtime libraries (but only developers usually have installed)

Working now,thanks
wow i totally forgot about this program lol
thx for keeping it alive =)

LFS RAF Setting Ripper
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG