The online racing simulator
LFS Formula D series 2008
(25 posts, started )
#1 - MrPDR
LFS Formula D series 2008

LFS FORMULA D 2008

Ok so here's how its going down.
LFS Formula D is a points series event stretched to about a 3-4 month span.
Below is the schedule of event dates that you MUST come to if you have made qualifying in the top 16.

Rules for this event are as follows:

-No eager/impatian behavior
-No purposely ramming people or you will be banned on spot and disqualified.
-Good clean drifting. ie: no showing off. show us what you can do on track instead
-For the sake of other people's bandwith/connection, remain in SPECTATE until your
number is up.
-If you correctly signed up with me, than you will know what number you have, please put *FD(your number here)* either in front or after your name after i have given you your number.
For example: I go into a server. *FDxx*[PDR] MrPDR has connected.
-Cars to be used are XRT or FZ5
-The rest should be common sense to all serious S2 drivers. Act like you have sense, be nice/respectful etc.

Qualifying will go like this:

First we will have each driver do 1 solo run, we will not provide your score for your solo
run; that will be your own personal evaluation.
After each driver has done a solo run, then we will begin the points count for the day,
your number will be called and you will do 2 tandem runs with the other driver we call out.
You leading first, The other driver leading next.

Points are calculated on a 5 point scale for each turn, measured by; angle, speed, and consistancy, which also means you MUST get the clipping points we have placed, those help us determine the actual score.
So a track with 3 turns has a max of 15 points u can get.

If you are following, you must FOLLOW, do good because you are the one with the most pressure on you as far as points go. How close you can stay will determine if you have more points than the driver in front of you.

This will not take a quick 10 minutes, as this is the longest part of the series.
We will place the drivers who made it in the Top 16 (The ones competing) in this thread.
After you have been eliminated, you may then take the series tag off of your name

NOW, the actual points series. It will be the same format as explained in qualifying, exept there are no solo runs, just head to head competetion.
The one thing that may be a big stress factor for every driver will be the midway point in the series. That is when we will Determine the Top 8, that will be the last elimination round of the series.
ROUND 4 is the elimination round for Top 8 choosing. BE AT YOUR BEST!!!

There will be 3 winners of each Round, and 3 winners of the entire series.
I will provide a signature image you can put on your sig to show you were #1#2#3 winner of LFS Formula D 2008.

I plan to have this done annualy so expect this every year around the same time =D

Here are the dates of each round and qualifying:

Qualifying @ Road Atlanta- JUNE 7th at 4:00pm

Round1 @ Long Beach,JUNE 21st at 4:00pm(15 point max)
Round2 @ Road Atlanta Braselton,JUNE 28th at 4:00pm(35 point max)
Round3 @ Englishtown Raceway Englishtown,JULY 5th at 4:00pm(15 point max)
Round4 @ Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas,JULY 12th at 4:00pm(20 point max)
Round5 @ Evergreen Speedway Monroe,JULY 19th at 4:00pm(15 point max)
Round6 @ Infineon Raceway Sonoma,JULY 26th at 4:00pm(10 point max)
Round7 @ Irwindale SPeedway Irwindale,AUGUST 2nd at 4:00pm(20 point max)

*note* all tracks we have made are replicas of the real ones*
Time zone is GMT -05:00 EASTERN TIME

Located in server: [PDR] Drifting, password will be supplied to the 32 drivers.

PM me if you want to enter this series
Include:
Name

And again, I will give you a number that needs to be placed in your name(said earlier)
Sorry guys, we have no website right now, but are working on that asap!

This is going to be a wild ride folks! Bring your A game, cuz there is NO ROOM FOR ERROR

REMEMBER TO PM ME FOR YOUR DRIVER NUMBER AND ANYMORE INSTRUCTIONS!!!
Im in!
#3 - Razza
im in also .. but u didnt PM me the password.. .do u have it? and is it possible for us to get the layout to practice just like in real life?
In real life they just practice the day of the event. They aren't sent a layout in the mail to practice 2 months in advance.
Well a layout release would be better so that its not epic fail!
#6 - Razza
Quote from greg_slideways :Well a layout release would be better so that its not epic fail!

exactly .. it would make the event more enjoyable
well i entered (not that thats important) hope we have some good fun. <^-^>
#8 - MrPDR

damn u guys have me debating on whether to release the layouts or let u just practice the 30 minutes before on each day like i planned.
just trying to keep this as real as possible you know?

lkjl;jh;l
haha
#9 - MrPDR
oh make sure you check the edit on the time zone, there was a small mistake PLEASE CHECK IT
NOT ATLANTIC. EASTERN TIME
so 4 o clock new jersey time?
what exactly are the time??

in the PM it sait "Eastern: UTC-5/-4" and that are like 9/10 in the morning here..so i just want to make sure the actual time because its so early
Qualifying @ Road Atlanta- JUNE 7th at 4:00pm<<<<
what is the time zone of the race? UTC Time?
just as edited GMT
=D

i hate times, they are confusing sometimes
10 SPOTS LEFT
im abit confused of the times. Are the times in the first post in GMT?
Hey, It looks like i am going to have to stepback and drop out of this..I am putting drifting on the backbunner to get my racing skills to par!
Quote from greg_slideways :Hey, It looks like i am going to have to stepback and drop out of this..I am putting drifting on the backbunner to get my racing skills to par!

LOSER!!!
Quote from LFSn00b :Are you actually sure? You live in Norway right, so it's 9/10 pm your time.

ahh that makes more sence then my time-telling

can you post the names of the people who are signed up?
Quote from greg_slideways :Hey, It looks like i am going to have to stepback and drop out of this..I am putting drifting on the backbunner to get my racing skills to par!

u sure man?
fuk i hope this doesnt happen and ppl say this stuff on qualifying day or like a week b4.

Quote from asbjoern :ahh that makes more sence then my time-telling

can you post the names of the people who are signed up?

and yeah man after slots are full ill put up the roster.
Yea Im sure Drift is a thing of the past!
well that sucks man, iight then.
lmao and your name is Greg Slideways
Lol I know!
#23 - nwug
Ill be there =]
post the roster here.. also my ingame name is sexystover not razza
1.[D1GP] Taunt
2.[PDR] Tein
3.Wek^Sos Elusive
4.[D1GP]BOSS
5.[PDR]Wolfie
66.SFX-Cobra