The online racing simulator
Making setups for LFS cars to act like real cars
I can't be the only one who has tried to do this for fun, but has anyone else tried to set up an LFS car to act as their own car to fill in that empty void of LFS not having many real cars (or the ones that YOU want). Currently I was trying to get to have the FXO to act like a Chevy Cobalt, so far I have set the gear ratios, weight, and lowered the power of the car to the Cobalts stock values. But everything else so far hasn't been set to how the car is (since I just took a race setup and started from there).

Below I have 4 different setups based on the 4 trim levels of the car. I only have the 2.2L automatic trim level of the car and can only speak on how similar the car handles to the real thing on this trim and I would say that the setup handles pretty much the same as my car except maybe the FXO has better brakes.

Out of all my setups I might guess that the Supercharged setup might be the closest of the four I have made.

If anyone has the other trims on these cars, could they please help assist me in making these sets better?(besides changing gear ratios, what the hell was chevy thinking giving these cars a speed that's impossible to reach?)

P.S The 2 middle setups were giving a 4 gear setup since they were made to be the automatic versions, so expect a real sluggish ride.
Attached files
FXO_cobalt 2.2L.set - 132 B - 1027 views
FXO_colbaltauto 2.2.set - 132 B - 1067 views
FXO_colbalt 2.4L at.set - 132 B - 1087 views
FXO_cobalt ss.set - 132 B - 1130 views
See my sig for (an outdated) 'real life' setup pack. Not based on any real cars in particular though, and I think if I had the time I'd be able to make them more road like (I made them too stiff and damped, having had about another year or two to do research into road car wheel rates).
Bob, do those Road Going set ups work in the latest version? I put them in my set up folder, but couldn't see them.
Quote from dontsimon :Bob, do those Road Going set ups work in the latest version? I put them in my set up folder, but couldn't see them.

Remember that now you have to rename the old setups with the 3 letter apreviation before. So there are tools that have been released to do that automaticly just search for it or rename them one by one. Example XR_GT_TURBO_Road_Going should become XRT_Road_Going.

Yeah, I just spent a couple of minutes looking at the file names - changed the file name to match and they worked
I use to have them for the little time i went in cruise servers. They were cool. But whatever after Patch Y I bearly set foot in a cruise server anymore.

But yeah, sets that feel like real cars are cool.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG