The online racing simulator
Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
Just tried the drift mode and it seems quite good, the usual semi-sim RD/CMR DIRT stuff. Basically its Pro Street with physics that make sense. Haven't tried the other modes yet.
Quote from TiJay :Just tried the drift mode and it seems quite good, the usual semi-sim RD/CMR DIRT stuff. Basically its Pro Street with physics that make sense. Haven't tried the other modes yet.

Its not a semi-sim at all, its a full blow arcade racer, the physics are just as bad as NFS Pro street.
Look on the positive side tho, all those drifters who constantly moan about LFS have a new toy to play with.
Tried it, deleted it, nuff said.
The actual gameplay videos like this one look rather bad imo - atleast as far as vehicle dynamics go.
from what ive heard from you guys i will not be paying 7$ to rent this at blockbuster when this comes out.
Quote :Its not a semi-sim at all, its a full blow arcade racer, the physics are just as bad as NFS Pro street.

The other modes might be arcadey (can't comment, haven't tried), but the drift mode physics actually make sense (power/lift off oversteer/weight transfer) whereas in Pro Street you'd point the car towards a corner, press X and it'd countersteer the car round the bend for you, which felt strange and very unnatural.
Good news

Quote :
The demo will be out TODAY at 8pm BST!!!
Confirmed by the Codies

From what I've seen and heard, this game leans incredibly far to the arcade-side of racing games... as in taking turns at 100mph etc.

Oh well.
Quote from Jertje :From what I've seen and heard, this game leans incredibly far to the arcade-side of racing games... as in taking turns at 100mph etc.

Oh well.

i tried taking a turn at 100mph on easy mode with all aids and i span so thats wrong i managed a 45mph turn
Tell them how fast you can brake from 150mph to 0mph, its almost faster than if you hit a wall.
i dunno i crashed my mustang then quit coz my game crashed lool i jus cannot drift AT ALL
Quote from brt900 :i tried taking a turn at 100mph on easy mode with all aids and i span so thats wrong i managed a 45mph turn

For all you know, he could have meant very gentle turns. You seem to be defending this game alot so you obviously like it...most likely due to the fact that you can doriftooooooo cars that seem cool to you, which is normal considering your age.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :For all you know, he could have meant very gentle turns. You seem to be defending this game alot so you obviously like it...most likely due to the fact that you can doriftooooooo cars that seem cool to you, which is normal considering your age.

actually i dislike drifting and i like racing games i like the challenge i tried drift first and i span terribly and kept trying but now i do the bmw challenge and its fun so i dont like drifting thats why i join cruise or race servers on lfs and ye im 13 ye i like tuned cars but im not a ricer and i love normal driving aswell
any system specs?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Tell them how fast you can brake from 150mph to 0mph, its almost faster than if you hit a wall.

Just like in the latest Colin McRae then ;D

First time I played that I literally stopped 25m before a sharp bend.
Is the "Win a BMW competition" organised only for console players ??
Quote from himself :Is the "Win a BMW competition" organised only for console players ??

Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 only.USA & Europe Union only.

EDIT:Found the list of the top players who will have the chance to win the BMW.Actualy the top 5 is only composed of France drivers.1:14:08 is the best time.
Quote from CobraDrifter :Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 only.USA & Europe Union only.

EDIT:Found the list of the top players who will have the chance to win the BMW.Actualy the top 5 is only composed of France drivers.1:14:08 is the best time.

PC Discriminating bastards ....

Mustang is actually quite fun in the demo.
It does prove one thing, a good montage can make almost anything look good.
So tell me guys - should I spend the night downloading the demo or not? I'm only in for the drifting mode anyways, I like the cars and the damage physics. As long as the drifting isn't as bad as NFS:PS, I think I'll download it.

Grid - Official Topic
(155 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG