The online racing simulator
Shift+U problem - Jumps?
(8 posts, started )
Shift+U problem - Jumps?
Let's get straight to the point:
When I go into shift+u mode, I can't place jumps. Simple as that. I have been told that you can place jumps the same way as cones, barriers etc, but the button isn't there. Does my LFS have a problem, is there something I have to download, or am I just being stupid?

Thanks in advance!
Hmm, well if you can't place other items, make sure you hit space so you can see the menu. At the top of the list at the bottom you should see "Place Objects", this should be ON.

Now, at the top right there should be different menu's. I can't remember it off hand but just search them and try to find jump/ramp, can't remember what it's called.

Good luck!
It is called "ramp" and it is located in "objects" menu.

Problem is that you have opened wrong track. Ramps are only accessible in Blackwood.
As an aside to this post... Is there any way to make a ramp without having to construct it out of 100 seperate peices side by side?
Quote from Toddshooter :As an aside to this post... Is there any way to make a ramp without having to construct it out of 100 seperate peices side by side?

Yes. Usually only 10 ramps side-by-side is enough.
Quote from Toddshooter :As an aside to this post... Is there any way to make a ramp without having to construct it out of 100 seperate peices side by side?

Well, what you can do is use Stuff's LYTe (layout editor), and make a several-piece ramp and then save it as a pack, so that you only have to construct the larger ramp, once. I recommend this thread (and especially, that you read the exchange starting at post #78):

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=16873&page=3

P.S. - The download link is in the first post, on page1 of the thread.
I have had that problem...Change track to autocross at the button will be there It depends on what track. For some reason ramps arn't allowed on certain ones.

EDIT: Ya ya...I know, should of read Gekkibi's post
Problem solved!
Thanks everyone! I did know about the 'only in Blackwood' thing, but I still couldn't find the jump button. Don't know why - just being stupid, I suppose!

Shift+U problem - Jumps?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG