The online racing simulator
High FPS
(12 posts, started )
High FPS
Hello, when i join a server i always have ping 100-200. But its only in Live For Speed, in other games i have normal ping. And on my old pc i had like 30 ping but i still have the same internet. So is there any way to solve this problem?
Quote from Alexthe1 :Hello, when i join a server i always have ping 100-200. But its only in Live For Speed, in other games i have normal ping. And on my old pc i had like 30 ping but i still have the same internet. So is there any way to solve this problem?

Maybe it is because of the server? And ping doesn't tell everything.
Its all servers, and what u mean?
Quote from Alexthe1 :Its all servers, and what u mean?

If you would like to have good answer for your question, wait for the_angry_angel

Edit: Oh, and ping does nothing to do with FPS.
#5 - Lible
Probably he means with the old pc fps was 30, now it is 100 - abnormal .
That raises the question, do you (Alexthe1) actually know the difference between ping and fps?

The fps (frames per second) is what you see in the top right or left corner in LFS when on the track, and basically shows how fast your computer can render the scene (higher number = better).

However the ping (server response time) is only visible on the server list, in one of the boxes to the right of the server name (lower number = better).
Ok. but is is normal to have above 200 FPS? and when i joina server it say Lost Connection after about 10 sec (On all servers)
:doh:
#9 - garph
Just so you don't confuse yourself and everyone else.

The PING (first picture) is only displayed in the server list, this is to do with the internet connection.

The FPS (second picture, top left corner) is only displayed in game and it is do with, basically, how fast your computer can run LFS.

Where are you getting this 200 number, PING or FPS, just to clarify.
Attached images
ping.jpg
fps.jpg
I believe he means ping, because he drops after 10 seconds.

If you're on a router/HUB and have someone else on the network, make sure they're not using up your bandwidth. Also make sure any bandwidth using programs are turned off, and you're not Torrenting or seeding with Limewire etc.
Quote from LazLoW :I believe he means ping, because he drops after 10 seconds.

If you're on a router/HUB and have someone else on the network, make sure they're not using up your bandwidth. Also make sure any bandwidth using programs are turned off, and you're not Torrenting or seeding with Limewire etc.

Edit said before, didnt notice the bottom, lol but he is very correct
Quote from Alexthe1 :Ok. but is is normal to have above 200 FPS? and when i joina server it say Lost Connection after about 10 sec (On all servers)

Can you clarify whether the issue is ping or not? 200 FPS would prompt me to up my graphics somewhat as you monitor refresh rate won't be that high.... and also you wouldn't notice this increase even if your monitors refresh rate was that high.... 30-60FPS is a good frame rate, anything higher is excellent. With FPS the higher the number the better.

With server ping, this is measured in ms (milliseconds) and generally more 100 is a choppy connection for LFS (i find) but to cause you to be dropped from a server this (again from my own experience) normally has to reach about 500-1000ms ping time....

I would post a Screen of my FPS counter, but firstly it's a clock, not frame rate, second I have it limited to 60, and it doesn't move off 60fps, and finally, I am aware that 1600x1200 as a screen resolution isn't common....

High FPS
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG