The online racing simulator
cheat ??
(345 posts, closed, started )
"I killed someone...but I said sorry like 15 times...why am I in jail for murder? It's not fair, I said sorry!"

See? Ya think saying sorry makes everything ok? Well it doesn't!

*serious face*
Fat Oil
Well, I got curious (I know, cats and everything) and actually went to this "Fat Oil"s server, and to be honest, I was soo glad I couldn't get in and it was full. I did, however, have a good chat with the fella and he was very nice, told me where to get the mod, suggested I come back.

I said nah, rather than destroying the tyres on and XRG and have it just slide sideways and get well over 40k drift points for a single corner I'd go and try to drift an LX6... more challenging, and fairer. He was all very nice to me actually...

Shame really, because I don't doubt if he wasn't a speed-hacking whatnot he might actually make a good racer... But I personally dont see the attraction, the server was a mess, people all over the place and everytime a hacker came down the BL1 straight the server was spammed with "Clear the track, I'm coming through"
I refuse to call people who use this mod hackers...I have some level of respect for hackers, as they have a decent level of skill. But people who use this aren't hackers, they just downloaded a program someone else made. They're idiots...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I refuse to call people who use this mod hackers...I have some level of respect for hackers, as they have a decent level of skill. But people who use this aren't hackers, they just downloaded a program someone else made. They're idiots...

I didn't in any way want to suggest that him installing this speed-hack made in any way anything like (for instance myself, I am currently pulling a clean install of the game apart and playing with CMX models) real hackers/programmers... What word would you use to describe (apart from cheating bar stewards) using the speed hack?
Quote from Si01 :Digressing off topic somewhat (though that's probably for the best!) where did that avatar originate from Hankster? It's really bugging me.
I vaguley remember it from the good old days of my Commodore 64 owning youth. Was it from a Bruce Lee type game?

yep it's from Bruce Lee on the c64. great game that green guy would make a funny pang sound when he knocks you on your arse :P
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Maybe a new system similar to the wrecker's barricade could be set up in conjunction with the LFS devs? If someone is reported for cheating even once, they get /ban999 from all servers connected to the Master Server...Seems to be the only way to stop it really...If you're stupid enough to use it online, and even more stupid to use it in S2 mode (http://www.stupidtester.com/ - Thanks Mutt ), then you deserve to be banned for life

Stupid Tester:

70% scored higher (more stupid),
4% scored the same, and
26% scored lower (less stupid).
lol
shame he cant drive gd with it thought xD
-
(Toyo9J) DELETED by SamH : No naming and shaming. Rename the replay and re-upload. Do NOT name the driver.
-
(Toyo9J) DELETED by SamH : And again
Not still ffs.
Another one.
Attached files
SpeedHacker.mpr - 295.6 KB - 143 views
Er, because I keep asking him to post replays without naming them in their post?
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
Then don't upload the replay until it's renamed to something that doesn't name the offender?
-
(mcgas001) DELETED by mcgas001
Is that a serious question? Or is that sarcasm?
Is it possible that someone writes a neat little tool that can run one a server, detect such cheating (using acceleration analysis via insim, ignoring crash lag and the like) and then autoban them, giving them a false message why they left server, for example, "You drove into a restricted area - stay clear of that fence" whilst saving each name in a list? And then quickly unbanning them laying the trap.

If said cheater returns, he is already detected as scum and autobanned again shortly afterwards, disguised yet again as some random event, maybe "kicked - player was idle" "......hmm maybe that was a bug? I shall return to server with my 1337 haxor skilz.....". Repeat above until said cheater is global banned 30 days. Add a dash of lemon and Bob's your Uncle......

Would this be against any LFS rules?

And another question. What if a server admin manually did this to some idiot cheater, join/ban/unban/join/ban/unban..... repeat ? Ignoring the time this takes to accomplish, is it in violation of ULA?

I realise that a server involved in this type of behaviour would show up in records of excessive banning, but would they be investigated... or in trouble, or would fits of.. "NOeS!!! i've been global banned on LFS, help me, i only cheated once!!!, unban me devs" be ignored?"

After all it's supposed to be up to server admins to take care of this problem, isn't it?

Thank you for reading.
Quote from JasonJ :Is it possible that someone writes a neat little tool that can run one a server, detect such cheating (using acceleration analysis via insim, ignoring crash lag and the like) and then autoban them, giving them a false message why they left server, for example, "You drove into a restricted area - stay clear of that fence" whilst saving each name in a list? And then quickly unbanning them laying the trap.

If said cheater returns, he is already detected as scum and autobanned again shortly afterwards, disguised yet again as some random event, maybe "kicked - player was idle" "......hmm maybe that was a bug? I shall return to server with my 1337 haxor skilz.....". Repeat above until said cheater is global banned 30 days. Add a dash of lemon and Bob's your Uncle......

:ices_rofl I like that idea. How many bans does it take to get a global ban though? I mean if it's more than 10 or whatever, it would take a hell of a lot of time to get the ban
I heard it was 6, to get global ban warnings then 3 more *bang*. But I haven't tested this theory.

Oh and I was thinking of a collaborative effort if this was legal. Maybe mcgas001 could put his coding skills to good use and make an add on for sharing. Then a few servers running it might get the ball rolling. I'm heading this way to integrating something like this within my area....
If a few servers participated, it could easily be done then. Heck, I'd even code this (/me hates cheaters. *cross face*)
Quote from JasonJ :I heard it was 6, to get global ban warnings then 3 more *bang*. But I haven't tested this theory.

Oh and I was thinking of a collaborative effort if this was legal. Maybe mcgas001 could put his coding skills to good use and make an add on for sharing. Then a few servers running it might get the ball rolling. I'm heading this way to integrating something like this within my area....

Why bring my name up?
Oh sorry, I forgot to mention the player being banned has to be ON THE SERVER to be registered as a global ban count.

Quote from mcgas001 :Why bring my name up?

You* seem up for a challenge.

*typo fixed
Quote from shaun463 :Stupid Tester:

70% scored higher (more stupid),
4% scored the same, and
26% scored lower (less stupid).

Your Score Summary
Overall, you scored as follows:

77% scored higher (more stupid),
4% scored the same, and
19% scored lower (less stupid).
You are 19% stupid. This means...

You are far from stupid. Congrats on a great accomplishment!
57% scored higher (more stupid),
5% scored the same, and
38% scored lower (less stupid).

In your face guys :

Your Score Summary
Overall, you scored as follows:
87% scored higher (more stupid),
3% scored the same, and
10% scored lower (less stupid).
You are 10% stupid. This means...

You are far from stupid. Congrats on a great accomplishment!
Quote from the_angry_angel :Accept that this is out of our control and then learn to live with it for now.

Hi Karl

I have had to ban 7 in the last week alone due to this hack, thats not a problem as our ban files are sync'ed but we have to also remove the PB's from our LFSBuddy data on all 6 servers which is a problem even though we can do this in the game.

We now have a simple rule, if someone cheats its a lifetime ban,

If i can help at all with the new Barricade please PM me
Quote from birder :If i can help at all with the new Barricade please PM me

The issue is that I just need a few hours of time to finish off the thing and give it a good test - which I'll probably need some help with. It's largely done, I just need to add a bit of code polish. I know I said I wanted to get it done last week, unfortunately personal circumstances changed. If it's quiet at work tomorrow I'll try and sneak some stuff in (shuuush)

Edit: If someone wants to come up with a pretty interface I'll happily accept it. What i've got now is basically just a really simple grey form (I'm no designer).
This thread is closed

cheat ??
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG