The online racing simulator

Poll : Should Rolling Starts be added?

Yes
No
Rolling Starts
Should rolling starts be incorporated? Rolling starts can get really messy, but I'm willing to do it if everyone is fine with it (AutoX has to have rolling starts regardless)
Imo, yes there should be rolling starts.
It's a part of Oval racing and it's fun anyways when people can keep the car straight without bumping into everyone.

I voted for yes hoping that the competitors will know how to race.
Rolling starts should definately be apart of oval races.

-The thing you got to think about are pretty strict (but not insane) rules to go by (no swerving, throttle then brake constantly, etc.) and if broken can result in dropping that driver back to the end of the line.
You're gonna have to asses the skill level of drivers if you want to do rolling starts. Just look at the start of the KY250, it was carnage. Somebody even ended up on their roof.

I doubt that more than 5 people will survive an AutoX rolling start. You'd need a very wide track and a lack of bouncy barriers.
The reason the 250 (not 500) had a horrible start is because you guys allowed people to warm the tires by swerving (which apparantly people can't survive doing). By eliminating the swerving, you avoid most of the stupid wrecks.
Quote from JO53PHS :You're gonna have to asses the skill level of drivers if you want to do rolling starts. Just look at the start of the KY500, it was carnage. Somebody even ended up on their roof.

I doubt that more than 5 people will survive an AutoX rolling start. You'd need a very wide track and a lack of bouncy barriers.

This is something I will have to consider. A practice round can assess that

Quote from PMD9409 :The reason the 250 (not 500) had a horrible start is because you guys allowed people to warm the tires by swerving (which apparantly people can't survive doing). By eliminating the swerving, you avoid most of the stupid wrecks.

Swerving will definitely not be allowed on starts.
Quote from PMD9409 :The reason the 250 (not 500) had a horrible start is because you guys allowed people to warm the tires by swerving (which apparantly people can't survive doing). By eliminating the swerving, you avoid most of the stupid wrecks.

Arrrgh... I keep typing 500 instead of 250 or the other way round. Whack me on the head next time I do that
Quote from JO53PHS :Arrrgh... I keep typing 500 instead of 250 or the other way round. Whack me on the head next time I do that

Jo, will you be able to help me admin the league?
Well It depends what I'm doing at 7pm GMT on a Sunday

It could be any number of these things:
  • Having dinner
  • Adminning a NDR event
  • Participating in a league
  • Doing homework
Yes, I'll try and help out, but some times I might not be able to be there. If you're low on admins, then I advise against you taking part yourself. IMO, You'll need at least 3 admins who know what they're doing.
iI want a shorter race...........
250 lap/ km is too long for me....
Quote from JO53PHS :Well It depends what I'm doing at 7pm GMT on a Sunday

It could be any number of these things:
  • Having dinner
  • Adminning a NDR event
  • Participating in a league
  • Doing homework
Yes, I'll try and help out, but some times I might not be able to be there. If you're low on admins, then I advise against you taking part yourself. IMO, You'll need at least 3 admins who know what they're doing.

Alright understandable, but I have about 4 (including you and excluding me) admins who'd say they would do it but either didn't respond to my most recent PM or are not sure whether they can do it or not. As for me participating, we'll see. I am aware that if I'm that low on admin I'll pull myself away and be an admin myself

Quote from scania :iI want a shorter race...........
250 lap/ km is too long for me....

I would like to keep the race under one hour and maybe slightly over on the kyotos. Idk if that translate into 250 laps but I dont think an hour is too much to ask.
250 laps of Oval will be waay over 1hr. The Kyoto 250 was 140 laps (?) and that went on for a good couple of hours
Quote from JO53PHS :250 laps of Oval will be waay over 1hr. The Kyoto 250 was 140 laps (?) and that went on for a good couple of hours

There, so it won't be 250 laps. Dont know where you got that from. Again, I want the races to be a bit on the short size not enduro length.

This is because there'll be a broadcasts planned for each race (provided we get enough people). I already got the commentators and I dont want to tire them out
Would be more like 60 to 70 laps.
Ya, anyway back on subject rolling start is allowed now since everyone wants it
Yes rolling starts its a must have for an oval cup no lets hope a noob doenst screw up and take out trhe entire field
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Yes rolling starts its a must have for an oval cup no lets hope a noob doenst screw up and take out trhe entire field

Ok, the majority wants rolling starts.

Here's the rule for it:
1. we'll have three attempts at a clean rolling start. If we failed to have a clean start after the third try then we'll just have a regular start.
2. NO PASSING BEFORE YOU PASS THE START FINISH LINE.
Lizard i wanna talk to you about rolling starts so go on MSN please
Quote from lizardfolk :Ok, the majority wants rolling starts.

Here's the rule for it:
1. we'll have three attempts at a clean rolling start. If we failed to have a clean start after the third try then we'll just have a regular start.
2. NO PASSING BEFORE YOU PASS THE START FINISH LINE.

in real nascar you can pass on the outside b4 start/finish line so why not that?
@Mutt: It would become to risky as some people would be way too aggressive about it, and tbh it is not that hard to pass some RIGHT AFTER you pass the line if you have a good run .
Quote from PMD9409 :@Mutt: It would become to risky as some people would be way too aggressive about it, and tbh it is not that hard to pass some RIGHT AFTER you pass the line if you have a good run .

Agreed, too dangerous and the rolling start itself is already a danger to become a catastrophe.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG