The online racing simulator
how do you do a burnout??
(14 posts, started )
how you do burnouts?!

sorry noob Question
:doh:
Try revving the engine in neutral and then shifting into 1st gear.
Also apply 100% Brakes
#5 - STF
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Try revving the engine in neutral and then shifting into 1st gear.

Quote from BenjiMC :Also apply 100% Brakes

lol try do that IRL and you`ll stall your engine..
unless, you can brake only with the front wheels (in lfs try moving the brake balance, to 95% front).
You do a burnout by spinning the rear tires...

BTW, depending on the car, normal brake bias will sometimes work for burnouts, especially in the XRT... If your having a hard time, move the bias forward.
Don't kill the clutch, much brake bias to the front, that's all! Also you need a short gear ratio, especially in case of the 1st gear
But if you do it with a FWD car, move the brake balance to the rear, or simply use handbrake!
for a burn out you just pop the clutch at 5000rpm and away you go, for a brake stand you should rev the engine to 5000rpm with the clutch in and the brakes on full, then pop the clutch and release the brakes quickly but not instantly, try to hit a spot where the wheels spin but the car doesn't move.

Never rev above 5000rpm and always release the brake or you'll just burn the clutch out. The idea is to get a balance of brake application and throttle application so that the car spins the rear wheels but doesn't move forward.
Quote from piggy501 :But if you do it with a FWD car, move the brake balance to the rear, or simply use handbrake!

Who wanna burnout a FWD?
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Who wanna burnout a FWD?

Me does for the shere smoke an laughter of it

Love to burn those FXo tyres
#13 - STF
Quote from monkeejr1 :how you do burnouts?!

sorry noob Question

I very nearly ignored this thread... I now wish I had.... lols

What, may I ask, is the burnout for? Tyre temps? Stick the big old knobbly ones on the back of an XRT, make the suspension nice and hard, and follow the above.

Alternatively the LX cars are good for wheel spinning, also the BF1 or FO8.

The UFR will spin fairly ferociously with an aggressive start too, pull the handbrake on hard and bang, lots of tyre smoke and no front tyres in 30 seconds flat....

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG