Serious Console Advice
(67 posts, started )

Poll : Which Option?

PS3 + GTA IV
Xbox 360 + GTA IV
Wait for GTA IV on PC
WII + WII Fit
Stick with my old basic Xbox and GTA SA
well the best thing to do is wait for the pc version, if there will be one, but if you can´t wait, go for the xbox360. yes, hd-dvd is dead, but i won't be surprised if a blu-ray version is eventually released. and if you are interested in racing games, i already played both forza 2 and gt5, and definitively forza is superior in all aspects. and about gt5, is that supposed to be a simulator? first of all, it feels so slow. It looked like i was going at 50kmh, but when i checked "OMG almost 200kmh", so yes, the sense of speed is bad. then the cornering...how can a car turn like that without understeering (and yes, it was a front wheel drive), then i tried to correct my line and the car just went sideways and kept going...and going...and going...all sideways till it reached the wall (let me repeat, it was a front wheel drive car) do you remember that lfs review quote "I've seen NFS cars with better physics"? Well this surely applies to gt5

and finally, before you start with the fanboy thing, no, i'm not a microsoft fanboy. i just stick to the facts, and I try things before giving an opinion, unlike most of those "fanboys" around here.
Well...I didn't quite expect this much response! Thanks to everybody for their opinions..
I have reluctantly decided to wait (and hope!) for a PC version, as there are not that many console games that rattle my chain.
_IF_, however, I were to have the £300 laying around spare one day, I think I would opt for the PS3. On reflection and weighing up both sides of the argument, the PS3 seems to be the better deal in the long run.
The main thing that swings it is the FREE online play...£40 a year just to connect for Xbox Live...on top of my ISP payments and the cost of games?? Second was the ease of upgrading the hard drive along with the BluRay drive already fitted. Yes, obviously Xbox will go to Bluray eventually, but do you honestly think they will make it easy to upgrade your existing Xbox, or would M$ prefer you to buy a nice shiny new Xbox 360.5???
Another thing that swings the pendulum in PS3's favour is my steering wheel...I already have a G25, and that would works just fine with a PS3.
What I would love to see on either format is the capability to use a proper control configuration for FPS games... ie:Mouse/Keyboard... you wouldn't want to play a flight sim with a steering wheel or a racing game with a joystick (you _CAN_, it just doesn't feel right!)...so why play a FPS with a joypad!
Once again, thanks for all the help
haha funny
Its only funny becuse I don't even own a ps3 first of all and second I have proof that it blows. I had A third but im to lazy to remember And also dont say "you don't even have a ps3 so blah blah blah" Yes thats true but I do have the internet

Heres the HD version
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33469.html

But incase your computer sucks heres the SD version
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33470.html

Edit: And btw I don't even like cheetos LoL
Quote from downlikerain :
Heres the HD version
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33469.html

Errrr....and the PS3 version looks million times better? Or what are you trying to prove? Those look equally good to me. Other has more softened and blurred picture at times, and Niko's face is more brown, but that's about it. I wouldn't say X360 version looks anything like crap in comparison, or even different.
Not sure what he is trying to prove, they both look equally good, although I personally prefer the "sharpness" of the xbox version to the over AA'd PS3 version.
? Sure I guess
I wasnt trying to prove anything. He said I was a "Fanboy" lol becuse I like "ps3" to me a games a game, Id rather play old skool games vs today. Better gameplay. Anways I never said it was a million times better, I was showing that the ps3 version looks better..and not much to the benefit of the jokester. more to the person who posted the thread since he asked which to get. so even if I was proving anything, It was to him, I think if I was going to buy something I would want proof that it even slightly looks better and also maybe he liked the xbox 360 better..thats fine atleast it helped him. And even if it didn't help him....BLAH
Yer I don't think your view has helped anyone.

I'll be getting a 360 after exams, not going to bother until then. Price + games sway it for me personally.
Yer Yer
Yers didn't help anyone either. Telling us that your getting a 360 isnt going to help the person who threaded. Unless hes going to come to your house and steal it
Sorry how would you know if it helped the OP or not? Are you the OP? No, so be quiet and go and sit in the corner like a good 14 year old.
Im 15 Actually (Joking) And last time a checked the thread said "Serious console advice" Not "Serious tell me when your getting your console advice "

LoL I love fourms for then the game itself..LaLaLa. So Much Hostility Yeaaaaaaaa Fun Fun Fun
Quote from downlikerain :Im 15 Actually (Joking) And last time a checked the thread said "Serious console advice" Not "Serious tell me when your getting your console advice "

LoL I love fourms for then the game itself..LaLaLa. So Much Hostility Yeaaaaaaaa Fun Fun Fun

As the OP in person, ie: ME, I can categorically state that I did NOT ask for any immature flaming either, so kindly take your bitching back to the playpen where it belongs...
KTHXBAI
Calm The Frig Down
WoW Hostility....I gave my opinion just like everyone else. Im not the person calling people "Fanboys". And after he did I showed people the difference between system. And my opinion is the ps3 is better, and then again we got people wiggin out, Saying what does this prove, It dosnt prove anything, It wasnt for them, You asked what you should get, And like anyone you want the best, So I was showing you a comparison so you could pick which you liked better. I didn't ask to get crapped on. I didnt see anyone else getting called names

P.S. You all need to play more stress reducing related games
oh just to let ya know guys my ps3 has arrived, its excellent, couldnt want for more( but them im biased lol)
downlikerain what you're saying is very contradictory. for instance, in your last post you said you showed a comparison, but all you did was telling the ps3 is a lot better than the xbox360.
staying in the topic you also said you don't own a ps3, but at least have you ever played with one? because one thing is looking for videos on youtube, but when you have the controller in your hands is a completely different story. i don't own a ps3 or a xbox360 either, but being in a informatics class allows me to have rich friends with them, so i can say i played with both.
and also, like i mentioned not far back in this topic, when i played gt5 i wandered through the menus and said "wow, these graphics are great" but on the race track "damn, the gameplay sucks"
downlikerain, do you have something to prove? You don't actually own either of the consoles, or the game in question? You talk like your trying to prove something but all I'm reading is nonsense. Only thing I picked up on from that video, is there's no real difference, so all other points being equal, if nothing else it makes sense to go for the cheaper option that gives you the same level of entertainment. Both platforms have their merits and neither is a bad option, so why not keep to the facts.
Sry
Well Im Done with this thread. Just wanted to clear some things up so that were all still friends in the end. I love all you guys (not in a gay way lol) And for me this is us just talking and I hope no offence comes to this..But

I know I dont have the ps3 but I do have the internet and one of my fellow racers asked for advice so I came to help. to me like I said the ps3 version looks better (but thats just opinion) I just seen the comparisons and this thread so i figured I would show them since in my opinion they would help. And like I also said. Ps3 has alot going for it aside from Iv (Like free internet and free blue ray player.. vs not free internet and the obsolete hd dvd player. all I was doing was helping a fellow racer. not to start anything which in my case somehow always happens. so If i have im truely sry Next time ill be less of a douchebag ...thanks

I hope in the end you still like me...I like You

Edit :If You could talk to someone other then me and/or talk about something other then me
Has to be the Wii for me. The gameplay is fun, and you get a little exercise. The gameplay is original and unique. The graphics are good, you can go for the flashy graphics if you want, but they don't do it for me sorry. I would rather have the fun in playing something truly differnt with a new way to control video gaming.

Serious Console Advice
(67 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG