The online racing simulator
MRT5? :o)
(18 posts, started )
It is it
I want one...
Nope, just another Formula Student car. The nose, roll hoop, tub and all look very different. There are lots - hundreds of these cars you know. But it complies to the same, or similar, rules that the McGill car does.

And the MRT5 isn't used anymore - it's been superceeded by probably two cars now.
If you want to see such cars in action, try to visit the Formula Student Germany at the Hockenheimring (3rd to 6th August):
http://www.formulastudent.de/
I'm pretty sure they have an International or Continental race every year for these cars. I'd like to go if it's in Ontario..maybe Mosport? *Crosses Fingers*
The delft team is also going. Im not sure if the class3 team (which Im on) is also going, but of course I could go anyway. Are there more LFS'ers that will go to Formula Student Germany?
#9 - IcYX
Yeah nice ! ...the MRT in LFS looks small and he dont have enought Traction ^^...the real looks like Traction in person :P (damn english ><! ^^)
I think Brunel's team is going to Germany soon. I'm not on the team cos I'm not doing a 'Motorsport Engineering Degree', even if I did spend most of last week helping the 'official' team members with the car cos they're too thick to do it themselves (not all of them, just the majority).

So if you see Brunel Racing, say hi from me. That'll confuse them
ot: does anyone know the name of the song in that video?
this is me first post here, i saw 'Brunel' and couldnt resist to reply! I just started out on the Motorsport eng course!

i heard a rumour yesterday that this year's Brunel car will be taken around the top gear test track by the Stig... dya know if there's any truth in this??
Quite simply, yeah right.

They can't get this years car to work yet, yet alone give it to the Stig. They keep doing crazy things, and people like Gaspar don't help. Mo's not as clever as the team seem to think he is, although his uprights are very nice. James (Brown) is a clever guy and has some F1 manufacturing experience. Mario seems to know a thing or two, but is stuck so far up his own arse to be of no use to anyone...
They want to simulate the engine in Wave and somehow use the data from that to set the ECU mapping. But the model is horrible. Sasha is a complete berk (I spent two hours fixing the model he claims to have worked on for 5 months) and shouldn't be allowed within 50 yards of any car. Why oh why did they bother with Motec. No one know how to use it (they haven't asked me), and they want it to somehow do everything...

If you want to chat about Brunel, engineering and LFS (it'll be a totally dull conversation, but it'll take my mind of work) then come up to the Howell Center tomorrow afternoon (say about 3pm) and I'll be in the little room behind the Design Center.

Oh, and LFS is installed on one of the computers in the Design Center if you fancy a play - don't think we'll get a network game running though
lol sounds like a great team!! i thought that rumour was a bit far fetched!!

i'll be in the design center about 4 tomorrow which computer is lfs on?? and i've been trying for ages to get past the uni firewall to get lfs online but the network is !
It's only the demo - I can't get passed the firewall which is why my first year of LFS was spend racing AI's offline (except during holidays ).

How to describe which PC. It's on the side NEAREST the corridor, and I think it's the 2nd from the front (i.e. 2nd furthest from the stairs). Unless of course it's been deleted, but it was on the C: or D: drive iirc.
#16 - Vain
See? Just by reading this thread I will be able to play LFS on my next UK-trip, because I know on which computer it is installed.

And more importantly: Will funnybear beat me down for occupying his role in the forum by making senseless posts?

Vain
Quote from tristancliffe :I can't get passed the firewall

I guess you've already tried "Port 80 1" in the cfg.txt? LFS uses the standard HTTP port for the unlocking, so it should work with most firewalls.
Yup - I spent ages on it originally in the S1 days, and even had a reply or two from Scawen to get it working, but it seems Brunel's firewall is tighter than an overstretched rubber band and stricter than the worst headmistress ever.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG