The online racing simulator
Those S15 Headlights
(44 posts, started )
Those S15 Headlights
I wasn't entirely sure where to post this but I just wanted to prove a point. I'm sure you've all seen these headlights before at some point, I myself used these headlights on a skin yesterday and had half of a drift server jump down my throat five minutes ago for using them. Seb from the Falken drift team claims that these lights are his and they're private. Thanks to a friend of mine a few days back I came across this picture. I'll let you guys compare for yourself.

In my own opinion, Seb you did not make those lights, you do not own those lights, you have no copyright over those lights. These are public unless that artist states otherwise.
Attached images
S15lights.jpg
I still don't get it.

What makes you think that this "Seb" doesn't tell you where to go and deny it when you make a thread about it?
In all honesty I don't really care what he has to say, I'm just trying to let it be known that these headlights are not private. I've seen a few people try and use these headlights, because they are nice lights and it sickens me when they're immediatly told to you remove these from their skins they've worked hard on to create. People won't even render skins with these headlights on because they're automatically believe they're stolen from a private skin.
Quote from Poxith :People won't even render skins with these headlights on because they're automatically believe they're stolen from a private skin.

People don't really render skins with slap on lights as they look rubbish. The lines of the 'real' lights show up too much in a render, whereas in game it doesn't show up as much, even though you know they're there.

Seb has also denied sharing these lights he 'made' to various people which I think is silly. If people really want them, they will get them by any means possible.

No matter how much you stamp 'private' on something, it will still get used. Personally I like seeing the skins I've created racing round the tracks, just shows me that people like them and appreciate them enough to use them. Hence me also not making private skins.

Stop being tight people, just share the damn stuff.
#7 - mc906
my opinion is y does all the good stuff hav to kept "private"
Seb just don't want the lights he cut to be used. Why don't you just steal the ones from the picture you posted upper instead of taking the ones from Sebone's skin? He wouldn't complaint and everyone will be happy.

Edit: Personally, I love those headlights but what sucks is now that you guys opened your mouth about this picture, everyone will be using them and they won't be original anymore. Screw you!

Quote from LFSn00b :Then what will happen if everyone starts using other peoples teamskins when you cant say they are private? And you spent hours or possibly days creating them?

Team skins is a whole different kettle of fish.

You pretty much know who is in what team. And if you do see someone you think shouldn't be using that team skin, you contact that team's leader asking wether that person is infact in the team.
Oh yeh, Seb told me he got the lights from another picture. It's basically the same as you posted in post #1, just different colour. There's nothing wrong in using the headlights from the pic, just don't use the ones Seb cut by himself.
Quote from Riders Motion :Oh yeh, Seb told me he got the lights from another picture. It's basically the same as you posted in post #1, just different colour. There's nothing wrong in using the headlights from the pic, just don't use the ones Seb cut by himself.

wouldnt that looks exactly the same in game and ppl will just yell at him once again
Moral of the story..... cease pasting on sh!tty looking fake lights

Regards,

Ian
They don't look crap, only in renders..

Seb used a different picture than that one in first post, pretty much the same just a stock model in red, that pics obviously the same, just been photoshopped with bodykit etc, he cutted them from the pic he found, and aligned them, in that case SEB made them, the ones he's made ARE private, he's made skins for some teams though which he has let them use, so stop winging and try making your own.
Well, it looks like they both used the same similar pic, thats what the confusion is, seb just use the diff pic, in that case... well, nothing can be done i guess lol

BTW i've got the pic he used...
just so you do actually believe lol

http://img115.imageshack.us/my ... nsilviaspecr199901vp1.jpg

there

Quote from Poxith :In all honesty I don't really care what he has to say, I'm just trying to let it be known that these headlights are not private. I've seen a few people try and use these headlights, because they are nice lights and it sickens me when they're immediatly told to you remove these from their skins they've worked hard on to create. People won't even render skins with these headlights on because they're automatically believe they're stolen from a private skin.

Wheres the proof the ones you are using are not sebs? did you make some aswell? cause you never said so. Cause if you are using the ones seb made then you are in the wrong.
Sebs the only one whos made these lights from that pic as far as i know, anyone else who does, either doesn't know hes made them from that pic, or has just copied, like people do.
Quote from CycloNe88 :They don't look crap, only in renders..

[ snip ]

They certainly do (how many cars do you know that have lights painted half across a wing and popup headlights right above them?) and only really seem to appeal to the skidders... coincidence?

Regards,

Ian
Leave XRT alone

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Its a personal choice really, and coincidence for sliders? no, I just like the Silvia (ok suprise it is used for drifting alot) but i would hate the thought of playing need for speed with an s15 in it , so i dont wanna go play that crap thanks

i for one drift mostly in lfs, but i love racing too, Nascar have paste on lights irl, drifters who have paste on lights, do for a reason, because they love the s15 alot, is that such a problem? only if your a perfectionist and cant stand having a small dip where the real lights are, in game its hardly noticable anyway.

back to topic anyway..
What's this topic about anyways? It's just a rant thread about someone who didn't want to share his lights. It's his right to keep them for himself but this thread is kind of pointless.

Quote from CycloNe88 :Wheres the proof the ones you are using are not sebs? did you make some aswell? cause you never said so. Cause if you are using the ones seb made then you are in the wrong.
Sebs the only one whos made these lights from that pic as far as i know, anyone else who does, either doesn't know hes made them from that pic, or has just copied, like people do.

As far as I know, Sebone doesn't have a copyright on those pictures, which means anyone can use these lights. Why would you restraint someone from using them, when you do no have any rights on the picture? I'm sorry but even though Seb found the pic first, he's not the only one to know where it is now so it's already too late to ask peoples not to use these lights.

Your old friend RM.
I said if you are using the ones he ACTUALLY made, (e.g stealing them from his skin and sticking them on yours) not the pic he used, anyone can use those and yes your right seb doesn't have copyright to those pics, but i think it would be mean to just use pretty much the same pic he used)

If someone used the other picture seb didn't use, but cutted them and took time to make them, line them up etc, then i wouldn't see why they couldn't make those public, but stealing them from sebs skin and making it public is stupid, 'cause he took the time to align them up etc.

anyways, im out on this topic, has nothing to do with me ^^
i dont think he has the right to not let others use the lights even though he cut it unless he actually made the lights by himself, not cutting it off from a pic
Quote from mc906 :i dont think he has the right to not let others use the lights even though he cut it unless he actually made the lights by himself, not cutting it off from a pic

+1

The only way you should be able to make lights private is if you made them. If you cut them from a picture, you didn't make it and have no rights to them. Off course it's cheap to steal the final cut versions but how would you know that they stole it and didn't cut it from the same picture. No way to check.

So the lights are not ''yours'' unless you made them.
Quote from CycloNe88 :I said if you are using the ones he ACTUALLY made, (e.g stealing them from his skin and sticking them on yours) not the pic he used, anyone can use those and yes your right seb doesn't have copyright to those pics, but i think it would be mean to just use pretty much the same pic he used)

If someone used the other picture seb didn't use, but cutted them and took time to make them, line them up etc, then i wouldn't see why they couldn't make those public, but stealing them from sebs skin and making it public is stupid, 'cause he took the time to align them up etc.

anyways, im out on this topic, has nothing to do with me ^^

Yes but if done correctly, it would be impossible to tell if the lights were taken from seb's skin or made using the same picture. People may get mad either way
Quote from CycloNe88 :Its a personal choice really

No not really, they simply look sh!t because they _always_ look like fake, painted on lights.

Quote :and coincidence for sliders? no,

Exactly my thinking

Quote :

[ snip ]

Nascar have paste on lights irl,

Hmm.. last time I saw any of that crap, the cars didn't have a real set of popup headlights just above the painted ones.

Quote :drifters who have paste on lights, do for a reason,

Of course. I think it has something to do with IQ level (or severe lack thereof).

Quote :because they love the s15 alot,

Oh sorry.. _that's_ the reason huh? Obviously not.. because painting fake Nissan lights on what is basically a Mitsubishi Starion doesn't make it a Nissan Back to IQ levels again

Quote :is that such a problem? only if your a perfectionist and cant stand having a small dip where the real lights are, in game its hardly noticable anyway.

back to topic anyway..

I am, very much a perfectionist. I can't stand fake, paste-on headlights.. they look sh!t and cheap... just like the people who seem to prefer them

Regards,

Ian
Simple answer. Don't use it if you ripped it from a skin, knowing if it's public picture or not.

If he made the effort to cut it align it etc, he should get the choice to share or to keep it to himself.

If you can be stuffed doing it, then do it. Backup your case with your pic of the car that you cut it from.

Lets keep personal opinions aside from this.

regards,
-bird
+1 hellboy

Quote from Ian.H :

Of course. I think it has something to do with IQ level (or severe lack thereof).

they look sh!t and cheap... just like the people who seem to prefer them

Well I can truly see your very much the type of person who stupidly judges someone without even knowing them, i despise shallow people, and you obviously have no idea how much education i've had, why are people like this.

I'm friends with alot of racers, and they don't say this kind of horrible vocabulary to me. Seems you need really to relax some , and cutting half my post out which explains what im saying after each bit is a silly attempt at trying to have a hack at me just cause i love to drift in lfs. If you hate it so much, just leave it be, I do actually have a passion for it, its not against the law to drift in lfs so don't try and make it sound like it is just because you can't stand it. *sigh*

Those S15 Headlights
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG